Greetings from Sweden

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

von Othfors

City
Göteborg
Country
Sweden
Hello everyone!

My name is Daniel and I live in Göteborg (or Gothenburg as some English-speakers will have it) in Sweden. I work as a History and English teacher in the Swedish gymnasium (ages 16-18).

My interest in royalty and their tremendous history started when I was merely a child - whenever there was a masquerade, I dressed up as the King. My fascination for the royal institution remains until today. I have tried to explain my interest to others with the simple facts that the monarchies of the world are living and functional links to our history.

As I have done my share of kings' and queens' history, I consider myself fairly skilled in the art of royal genealogy. But I am sure there are other, far more experienced experts here.

I look forward to be a part of your interesting discussions, and to take part of the vast amount of information that is spread on this forum.

Best wishes,

Daniel

A warm welcome to the forums from me. It is nice that you can combine an interest with your 'day job' as well. A real win win for those minds that you will shape as well.

Hi, Daniel. I am also a lover of history, but not a professor or student of it :sad:. I am, however, obsessed with the royal family as well as many other aspects of your country. Glad to have you here and hope to see many insights from you. Welcome!

Rascal

BTW it was through my involvement in this forum that I came to know of a similarity in our cultures. I am from the United States, southern Louisiana, a Cajun. So my ancestry is a huge mixture of predominantly French-Canadian but also English, Spanish, African, and Native American. That is about as far away from the typical Swedish image that I had before joining here and doing LOTS of research. So it came as quite a surprise when I found pics of a social gathering in Sweden that looked very similar to a regular occurrence here. I don't remember now what the Swedish words were for it, but here we call it a crawfish boil. I hope you understand what I am talking about. It's nice to know that if I was on that side of the planet I could still get a little bit of "home". :flowers:

Daniel ? From Sweden ? Are you.....(joking).
Welcome. Posters from Sweden at this time are extremely welcome as the attention of the Royal watchers is there this month !

Hej Daniel! Välkommen till The Royal Forums! :flowers: I hope you'll enjoy it.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

rominet09, I'm afraid I'm not Mr. Westling (soon to be His Royal Highness, the Duke of Västergötland). But I'm thinking of going to Stockholm on the 19th to see his and Victoria's wedding. Or at least the public cortege...

Rascal, I think you mean a Swedish "kräftskiva". It's a tradition that almost every Swedish family have in around August when we eat crawfish boiled together with dill sprigs, eaten together with garlic bread, lettuce and of course snaps.

Hi Daniel!

:welcome:

I hope you'll enjoy the forums! Greetings to Sweden! :swedenflag:

Rascal, I think you mean a Swedish "kräftskiva". It's a tradition that almost every Swedish family have in around August when we eat crawfish boiled together with dill sprigs, eaten together with garlic bread, lettuce and of course snaps.

Thanks for the correct Swedish term and the information, von Othfors! Here we do the same thing during crawfish season (mostly the summer months) and we usually boil ours with garlic cloves, corn on the cob, and potatoes. And many of us who are of age wash it down with a nice cold beer!

If you do go to watch the cortege, I hope you have a great view and a great time.

Rascal

Back
Top Bottom