Greetings from Berkshire, UK

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bellissimo

Commoner
City
Reading
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I am from Reading, which is in the county of Berkshire in England. This is very close to Windsor (30 mins) in fact :).

I always had a passing interest in the Royal Family, but really got enthused while I was developing a Royal Wedding iPhone app (you can check it out in my sig if you like).

I am hoping to pick up lots of new information, and hopefully contribute some too. I had to research lots of facts for the app, so have picked up all sorts of obscure info along the way.

Anyway, thats me. Oh, and my name is Mark :)

Hi, Mark. I'm new here too - but what a great idea that app is!

Hi, and thank you very much :)

But I can't take all the credit, my better half came up with the idea. It was kind of a joint project which we could enjoy together, and hopefully provide some fun for others too.

Well, having the skills to do apps is a special thing. We are wishing we'd planned our vacation to coincide a bit better with the Royal Wedding, but alas, our holiday time doesn't come until mid-May.

Ah, that's a shame. Well if you are lucky, the street parties will still be going on ;), but I fear even the most hardened royalists will be partied out by then.

Hi Mark and welcome to TRF.
Should be exciting to be close to Windsor. :))

Hi there. Yes indeed, I have been there many times, and it is a lovely place. Windsor Castle is definitely worth visiting! I read somewhere that Prince William originally wanted to stage the wedding there (at St George's Chapel), but later changed his mind, but not sure how true this is...

Hi there. Yes indeed, I have been there many times, and it is a lovely place. Windsor Castle is definitely worth visiting! I read somewhere that Prince William originally wanted to stage the wedding there (at St George's Chapel), but later changed his mind, but not sure how true this is...
I hope I can visit one day. :)

Welcome here!
Enjoy the discussion and have fun! :flowers:

Hi Mark!

Welcome! I hope you will enjoy it here! :flowers:

:welcome:; your app sounds interesting.

Thank you Lumutqueen. Wow, almost 10,000 posts, I'm impressed :)

Back
Top Bottom