Greetings, Everyone

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
City
Winter Haven
Country
United States
I am new to this forum, having found it while researching costume history.

My name is Tabitha (yes, my real name; no, not after the child on the sitcom) and I am a history and linguistics buff. My royal interest started harmlessly enough: researching etymology of nomenclature. Place names, personal names, professional names...and the door was opened.

I also have an abiding interest in period costume and study -- who're usually in the paintings? Who got the press, so to speak?

Exactly.

So I am here to continue learning and to share what little I know. I had a look around, and I am happy to find a royalty-interest site that is at once so thorough and that doesn't just deal in rumor and tabloid speculation. :flowers:

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forums Vanishing Lady. :flowers:
There is a mass of information to be found in the Forums, so I hope you can add your take on things.

Hello Tabitha

I am new to this forum, having found it while researching costume history.

My name is Tabitha (yes, my real name; no, not after the child on the sitcom) and I am a history and linguistics buff. My royal interest started harmlessly enough: researching etymology of nomenclature. Place names, personal names, professional names...and the door was opened.

I also have an abiding interest in period costume and study -- who're usually in the paintings? Who got the press, so to speak?

Exactly.

So I am here to continue learning and to share what little I know. I had a look around, and I am happy to find a royalty-interest site that is at once so thorough and that doesn't just deal in rumor and tabloid speculation. :flowers:

Hello Tabitha! My name's Ariadna. I like history very much like you. My name is greek and it comes from mythology.

Hello Tabitha! My name's Ariadna. I like history very much like you. My name is greek and it comes from mythology.

I thought so...you name is derived from the mythical figure Ariadne?

What's your favorite historical period? I have a soft spot for Prehistory through to the end of the Middle Ages.

Hello Tabitha, and welcom between us in this great forum

I am also in love with any thing related to histrical studies, and I am looking forward for your participate in this forum.

by the way my name is Reem ^_^

Back
Top Bottom