Good afternoon to you all! :)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
City
rather unknown
Country
Germany
Some days ago I 'met' this forum by coincendent, now I want to intodruce myself.
I live in Germany, in a few days I will grew 48 years old. I am interested in history since very early childhood. My mother was a history teacher and interested in the history of our proximity, so I grew up in this way. She was a girl in Nazitime, my Grandfather was a young soldier in the WWI, they bothtold me many many stories about these times. Though they never had been 'right-winged', but other people lived in these times too! Especially my grandfather remembered many stories from the Kaiser's time. He said that (he was born in 1893) the children of his time thought the daughter of the last Kaiser was deaf and mute, because she was always so quite. Sometimes I cannot believe that I knew someone who saw all these things with his own eyes :)
My special 'royal interest' are the Hohenzollern. I like some more that the others of course, changed when I grew older, now I prefer some of the Hohenzollern I disliked when I was younger. But still is my 'special one' Emperor Frederick III., my great grandmother, who was born in 1869, had his portrait on her wall and said often to my mother, everything would have been changed if he had lived longer. I think she is right, especially because she lived in this time, so she should now!
Another fact of my family's history is that an ancestor of mine is mentioned in the church's book of the village my family is from: he was tailor and teacher (a combination you'll find often in Prussia) and came into the church 'on blue stockings' and yelled: the battle of Jena and Auerstedt is lost, the King (Frederick William III. and Queen Louise) had to flee!'. This was the grandfather of my greatgrandmother. :)

Willkommen Duchy of Prussia! I hope you learn a lot here. The Royal Forums are a wonderful resource. :flowers:

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums. TRF has very knowledgeable posters who can answer most questions.

Hello, I'm from Germany too :)

Back
Top Bottom