From the Pacific Northwest USA

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DianneGardner

City
Port Orchard
Country
United States
Greeting from the Pacific Northwest USA. I have been a member for awhile but I think I may have gotten lost so I'm going to try and make contact again! I am enchanted by all the history in this forum, and the love for the monarchy which in my heart I hold as well. I am honored to meet you all and anxious to get to know you better.

Thank you I have been already. I am learning so much. I'd like to tell you why I ended up here if I may. I am an author, and was doing some research for another author friend who was looking for her heritage. Her grandfather was supposedly of Portuguese royal blood and I was helping her look up her genealogy. We were never able to find a definite connection but in the process I discovered the tragic story of Manuel II and his family. So moved by the events leading up to the young heir's exile, I started researching the story of his family, and his life. Being an author I wanted to write how I felt about what happened but knew I would never be able to write with accuracy his whole story as a biography. There are too many others more qualified. I do write fantasy fiction, so I thought perhaps taking the inspiration of the life of this young man, I could portray his innocence, the purity of his family's rule and insert it in my novel. I call it historical fantasy because there are a few events, such as the regicide and his exile that ring true, yet it's a story of time travel and magic and a happy ending, where the prince returns to reign and bring peace and comfort to his country. I've wondered how that would sit with people form Portugal so I've been wanting to find out. I thought perhaps these forums might give me some answers. How would you feel if someone wrote a fantasy tale about your kingdom? It may just be a silly notion but I would never never want anyone to think I wrote this story out of disrespect. On the contrary it was love that wrote it.

Back
Top Bottom