Another hello from a newbie.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spyro

City
Stockholm
Country
Sweden
Hello everyone. Just wanted to drop in, and give a short little introduction to me.

As a Swede, I like the Swedish Royal family very much. I have always had a soft spot for Crown Princess Victoria, she is my personal favourite. But I like the others too. I lived and worked in Copenhagen/Denmark for a while, and visited some castles and palaces in Denmark. It managed to increase my interest in the Danish Royal Family as well. I also like the Grand Ducal family in Luxembourg and the British Royal family.

I am also a fan of historical royals. Everything from Tudors and Mary, Queen of Scots to former kingdoms/dynasties/duchies/monarchies (mainly because Sweden got some royals from former ones such as Baden and Brandenburg, partly because I find some interesting).

Hello and welcome to the forums. If you search through the forums you will find plenty of threads that relate to the former royal families that you mention.
I myself have studied the Danish and Swedish royals and Russian Imperial families as well as the Grand Duchies of Baden and Hesse Darmstadt and others. Following the jewels from house to house and how the royals are related is of great interest to me.
I believe Crown Princess Victoria will make a wonderful Queen for Sweden one day.

Enjoy yourself here. Cheers T.

Hello. Welcome to TRF.
I'm from Portugal. I really like the royal families of Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

Welcome here ! In Sweden you have a really handsome and likeable family (all of them) full of little Young cuties !!!!

Hello and welcome to the forums. If you search through the forums you will find plenty of threads that relate to the former royal families that you mention.
I myself have studied the Danish and Swedish royals and Russian Imperial families as well as the Grand Duchies of Baden and Hesse Darmstadt and others. Following the jewels from house to house and how the royals are related is of great interest to me.
I believe Crown Princess Victoria will make a wonderful Queen for Sweden one day.

Enjoy yourself here. Cheers T.

Hi T, and thank you.

I have been lurking here for some time, and been reading several threads. I enjoyed reading them, and looking at photos. Will try to be active in these threads too, or at least write a comment once in a while.

Hessen Darmstadt is one former ones of the that I am interested in. Mainly because Queen Louise of Sweden (formely known as Lady Louise Mountbatten) is one of my favourite royals, and she has connections to The Grand Duchy of Hesse and by Rhine (and it’s all related to Hessen Darmstadt). But I guess you know a lot about it all, already. So won’t give you a history lesson.

Speaking of jewels and Russian empire, I have a interest in that too. Princess Victoria of Hessen (and her family, including her daughter Louise, mentioned above) visited one of her sisters, Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna of Russia, when World War I began. They later escaped, but they thought it would be safe to leave jewels in Russia. They were apparently wrong, as the jewels have never been found again. I have seen some old photos of the original Star Tiara, and I am very interested in that one. But also some of the other jewels.

Plus Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna of Russia did marry Prince Wilhelm, Duke of Södermanland. Which also made me interested in Russian empire. Funny and interesting how some royals can make you interested in something, whether it is jewelry or a monarchy or something else.

Hello. Welcome to TRF.
I'm from Portugal. I really like the royal families of Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

Hello, nice to meet you. Nice to hear you like the scandinavian royal families.

Welcome here ! In Sweden you have a really handsome and likeable family (all of them) full of little Young cuties !!!!

Absolutely, I agree with you. I love looking at new pictures of the kids, and once in a while, I do see a video clip as well. The kids are so lovely. It also seems like they get a pretty "normal" upbringing, and I like it as well. As normal as it can be for royal kids, of course.

Bonjour! I have also learned a lot about the Royalty from Hesse-Darmstadt.
The Royal Family of Sweden has a lot of beautiful palaces and castles.

Back
Top Bottom