Prince Pavlos' Job

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you work in hedge funds, you only need a really good mobile phone and a fast internet connection. Many hedge funds managers spend much of their year on "holiday" with their families in the Caribbean, because they get up in the morning, check the stocks, hang out, check the stocks at lunch, hang out some more, check the stocks a final time when the market is about to close. They don't have stockbroker jobs like the ones who go into an office everyday because their office is their computer.

No one knows for a fact that the Millers paid a dowry. Constantine isn't living any better post-1995 than he was before. He received 1 million GBP a year from rich friends, but those friends have traditionally been the Greek shipping magnates, like Niarchos, Livanos, Onassis, Latsis, etc.

i can't imagine living in a world where people pay you huge sums of money just because of your name and you spend your life lolly gagging around. can one be happy doing this? i'm the type of person who must do something physical and help people to find happiness. i can't imagine laying and playing in the sun all day makes one happy.

hsieh said:
i can't imagine living in a world where people pay you huge sums of money just because of your name and you spend your life lolly gagging around. can one be happy doing this? i'm the type of person who must do something physical and help people to find happiness. i can't imagine laying and playing in the sun all day makes one happy.
It does seem like a pretty shallow life, the way you put it. Hopefully, it's not really the case. Hopefully.

of course if you're raised to live that way and you know no other way then i suppose it can work for you.

branchg said:
It is a time-honoured tradition among royal families to pay a dowry upon marriage. Especially when the royal family in question is not rich and the prospective bride is.

Who paid whom when Carlos Morales married Alexia?

alot has been said of Prince Pavlos ability or lack of ability as a banker etc...

Personally, i feel that despite the history of his family, the unfortunate baggage and shadow he's had to lived with, he's managed to do hold his head up well and has alot to be proud off.

Let's give him due credit - he may be very good at what he does - a hedge fund banker - afterall it's not easy to graduate from Georgetown Uni and beside do you really think intelligent rich people will simply give away $$ to a "ex-prince" for the sake of some name dropping???? The richer a person is the tighter they are with their money.

Pavlos has held many jobs,all well-paying jobs in shipping or finances,but MC's money has helped.The rich,especially the aristocratic rich have always had an eye out on money,property,connections,when looking for "proper" marriage partners. Earlier this year,I read about an English Lord who is advertising in American papers for American relatives,with money,to move to England and become his heir.He said that it takes money to run the estate and only relatives with the proper financial backing would be considered!

According to the article in the February 2008 issue of Vanity Fair, Pavlos is still working as a hedge fund manager. The article stated that he travelled to New York once a month for work. I think it is great that he is still working, despite his wealth.

If the main mission of a king is to attract investment to the country, I believe that Paul would be a good king of Greece, he has an impressive business agenda, possibly better than many European kings. It would be perfect to attract investment to any state. Regarding his life. I see that many people who follow European monarchies, the only thing that interests them is that brand dress, they are those jewels worn by their queen, where she is on vacation, in what luxurious restaurant she eats, how luxurious her palace .. For this reason, I do not believe that the life of the Crown Prince is debatable,.

Regarding Greece. since 1974 laws have been drawn up in Greece exclusively for the extermination of the Royal House, from a law to remove the passport, laws to remove the statues of kings, even to change the streets of name .... in the history books, the history the kings does not appear, so for example, in the conquest of Thessalonica, .... History in Greece is distorted and depressed. in the Greek ministries hangs the pictures of communist guerrilla leaders ....

Prince Paul could invent a character, behave like a ruling prince, and share the photos:
He could publish the photos delivering the titles to the students of Prince Charles's foundation, posing at home sitting on a chair in the form of a throne, strolling with the pictures of the Greek kings, he could even put pictures of Greek anarchist demonstrations and say which are manifestations against the system, soon there will be monarchy ...
But the prince does not have as much free time to do it.

This is a follow-up on thd discussion in the Greek orders topic...

If the prince is such a genius as a businessman (how do we exactly know?) why hasn't he used that to help Greece so far? I don't see an interest of him or his wife in helping Greece. I understand that they were ousted and treated badly over the years but if he would still care about the people of whom he pretends to be criwn prince showing some interest would be an important first step. Instead I am afraid he is following the lead of other rich Greeks by mainly caring about himself and his social circle.

I am quite sure that there are lots of investment opportunities in Greece that could truly benefit the people.

ok, the prince could do a lot for the country, but first the state has to make some modifications: the first, eliminate corruption, the second stop using expropriation for everything, the third improve the private sector, change the labor market, structure the public finances, privatize the banking system ... return the nationality to the prince, give him status within the state, and then he can do many things for the country. Investment requires a secure market that gives confidence to entrepreneurs, who can create their businesses and earn profits for it. You can not demand that the Prince give his fortune to the Greeks to be distributed without receiving anything

The prince is a realist. There is zero desire for a monarchy. Even when Greece was rocking on its fundaments, the country looking into an abyss, when bankruptcy was as a Damocles' sword above them and the state into a complete standstill, even in this deepest crisis there was no call to overturn the dysfunctional republic and go back to "better times", to go back to the King.

If even in such circumstances there is zero appetite to get the royal family back, then Pavlos probably makes the realistic assessment: there is no future for a monarchy. He is wise to look after his own interests. He has to make a living, after all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom