Pavlos And Marie Chantal: Current Events February 2004 - August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:heart: :p Such sweet news-they seem to produce lovely babies LOL! Congratulations and hopefully all will go well with them. Isn't Constantine and Anne-Marie's wedding anniversary also in September?? :flower:

Yes, their wedding anniversary is September 18th. Also in September is Marie-Chantal's birthday on the 17th.

From the Miller Sisters MB (http://members4.boardhost.com/alexb247/msg/44515.html), the official statement from Pavlos and Marie-Chantal about the baby.

The Office of Crown Prince Pavlos has Issued the Following Statement:

139 words
24 March 2004
16:00
PR Newswire Europe
English
Copyright © 2004 PR Newswire Europe Limited. All Rights Reserved.

LONDON, March 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Crown Prince and Crown Princess Pavlos are delighted to announce thatthey are expecting their fourth child in September. The Crown Prince andCrown Princess are parents to Maria-Olympia, aged 7, Constantine Alexios,aged 5, and Achileas Andreas, aged 3.

Crown Prince Pavlos, 36, is the eldest son of King Constantine of Greeceand Queen Anne-Marie. Princess Marie-Chantal is the daughter of Mr and MrsRobert W Miller. This will be the sixth grandchild for the former King andQueen and the tenth for the Millers.

Crown Prince and Crown Princess Pavlos reside in London.

For further information please contact: Robert S Leaf tel: +44(0)207 491 2926 or: Grainne Keegan tel: +44(0)207 491 2926 Mobile: +44(0)7956 932294

http://meta2.fotomarktplatz.de/image/layou...-15-04-2775.jpg
Koenigliche Haeupter bei Benefizgala in New York Datum : 19981120 Jahr : 1998 Pool : dpafr Prioritaet : 4 Quelle : dpa Rechte : EFE Ressort : vm Zeit : 163400 Dienst : fr073 Der griechische Kronprinz Pavlos und seine Frau Marie-Chantal , die griechische Ex-Koenigin Anne-Marie , die spanische Koenigin Sofia , Koenigin Nur von Jordanien , und Farah , die Witwe des letzten Schahs von Persien l-r posieren am 19.11.1998 bei einer Benefizgala im Metropolitan Club in New York fuer die Fotografen.

http://meta2.fotomarktplatz.de/image/layou...-15-04-2785.jpg
Goldene Hochzeit der Queen : Gala-Konzert am Vorabend Datum : 19971120 Jahr : 1997 Pool : dpafr Prioritaet : 4 Quelle : dpa Rechte : B0200 Press Association Ressort : vm Zeit : 140000 Dienst : fr026 Der fruehere Koenig von Griechenland , Konstantin , und seine Gattin Anne-Marie l posieren mit ihrem Sohn Pavlos und dessen Frau Marie-Chantal am 19.11.1997 beim Gala-Konzert in der Royal Festival Hall in London anlaesslich der Feiern zur Goldenen Hochzeit von Koenigin Elizabeth II. und Prinz Philip. Das Konzert fand am Vorabend ihres tatsaechlichen Jubilaeums am 20. November statt. Der Auftakt der auf Wunsch des Ehepaars bescheiden geplanten Festlichkeiten fiel mit der Veroeffentlichung einer Umfrage zusammen , die fuer die Queen und ihre Familie wenig Schmeichelhaftes zeigte. Darin beurteilten nur noch 32 Prozent die Koenigsfamilie als sehr wichtig , 1983 waren es noch doppelt so viele 65 Prozent

On May 9 DR1 will interview Pavlos and Marie-Chantal as well as Alexandra and Gustav zu-Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg about their relationships with Prince Frederik.

I must be the only one on here that isn't a Marie-Chantal fan. I have a hard time believing that she married for love. That multi-million "dowry" is what really put me off about this marriage: I think it was $125 million.

Originally posted by Sean.~+Feb 21st, 2004 - 3:05 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sean.~ @ Feb 21st, 2004 - 3:05 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Alexandria@Feb 21st, 2004 - 2:50 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-carolina
@Feb 21st, 2004 - 2:44 pm
That picture also ran in Vanity Fair, in the issue after the royal issue, in the letters column.  Someone was complaining about the greek royals and that picture was beside it.

Do you remember who was on the cover of the issue following the Royals special of VF? I'd like to buy it but it would be much easier to spot the cover at my local used book store if I knew who was on the cover.

Thanks.
IIRC, it was the October 2003 issue with George Clooney shirtless on a boat. It had an article on Monaco's Feuding Princesses as well.

Sean [/b][/quote]
PRINCE WILLIAM WAS ON THE COVER OF THE VF SEPT 2003.ROYAL ISSUE

Originally posted by tricia@May 11th, 2004 - 9:42 am
I have a hard time believing that she married for love.
Love of a title, perhaps.

It just looks like the sun is in her eyes to me.

Here's a couple more photos.

One from today. Her jacket makes me think of Letizia's jacket from the other day. Photo

One from last night. Photo 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Marie-Chantal just seems naturally thin to me, one of those ladies who doesn't show a lot until later in pregnancy (I wasn't one of those! :p ) I do remember her attending Alexandra's wedding and thinking she really didn't look big even then.

Originally posted by samitude@May 13th, 2004 - 11:08 am
One from last night. Photo 1
What is with her dress here? It looks a bit like she is wearing shag carpeting for her outfit!

I thought MC looked great in her salmon colored gown at the Danish wedding but I really don't like the pearls with her tiara...the tiara is so delicate and the pearls are so BIG.

I believe that this is a new tiara that she's wearing.

A new book is out called Weddings of Style. Pavlos and Marie-Chantal's wedding is one that is featured in it. Here's a picture of the cover of the book with a wedding photo of them.

Wedding Photo

I hadn't seen that wedding picture of them before. Pavlos looks so handsome there! :heart: I think she looked pretty good at the Danish wedding-the raspberry color was nice and the drapeyness gave her a "Greek goddess" kind of look. She apparently doesn't mind showing off her bump now. :lol:

Originally posted by Jackswife@May 18th, 2004 - 10:55 am
I hadn't seen that wedding picture of them before.
A couple years ago in a Hello! Magazine profile of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal at their Coneticuit home, the picture from the cover of this book was framed and sitting on a shelf in one of their living rooms. I remember noticing it and finding it quite striking.

Hi All,
Are there any pictures of Marie Chantal and Pavlos at the Spanish wedding, I haven't seen any yet, and I was pretty sure they were on the guest list.
Thanks Nicole

Originally posted by nicole31@May 23rd, 2004 - 10:19 pm
Hi All,
Are there any pictures of Marie Chantal and Pavlos at the Spanish wedding, I haven't seen any yet, and I was pretty sure they were on the guest list.
Thanks Nicole
Have you looked in the Felipe and Letizia subforum under the Wedding thread? And also the Pre-Wedding Dinner Gala thread. There are about a dozen pictures of Pavlos and Marie Chantal at both events there.

I have seen very few film clips of MC, so I don't know what her general demeanor is like in public, but at the Spanish wedding she seemed pretty miserable - especially in church. Maybe she wasn't feeling well? Or is that the way she always looks? From the pictures of the Denmark wedding she looked a little happier.

Originally posted by Lady Jean@May 25th, 2004 - 6:23 am
I have seen very few film clips of MC, so I don't know what her general demeanor is like in public, but at the Spanish wedding she seemed pretty miserable - especially in church. Maybe she wasn't feeling well? Or is that the way she always looks? From the pictures of the Denmark wedding she looked a little happier.
It looked like it was warm and humid in the church. Compound that with being pregnant when your body temp is higher than usual and you've got a miserable situation. It was cooler in Copenhagen, which might have helped. Also, the Spanish ceremony was much longer (or so it seemed, perhaps it was just me) and when someone is sitting on your bladder for that lenght of time....that might have been why she looked miserable. Poor thing!

I noticed that Marie-Chantal and Pavlos were some of the first guests into the reception at the Danish wedding. I was wondering if it was because she was pregnant and wanted to rest, get a drink, or whatever. Usually, they seem like extremely social people so I would expect them to hang around and talk longer.

Originally posted by Juliane@May 25th, 2004 - 1:39 pm

It looked like it was warm and humid in the church. Compound that with being pregnant when your body temp is higher than usual and you've got a miserable situation. It was cooler in Copenhagen, which might have helped. Also, the Spanish ceremony was much longer (or so it seemed, perhaps it was just me) and when someone is sitting on your bladder for that lenght of time....that might have been why she looked miserable. Poor thing!
Maybe she should've asked to borrow Jaime's fan.... ;)

Even though she wasn't smiling too much she did look lovely, as usual.

Has anyone seen the "Weddings of Style" book by Kalliope Karella (?). I was wondering if the section on MC and Pavlos is good - are there a lot of pictures?

i have....They are on the cover, the picture is nice. However, the chapter on them is briefly about how they met, got engaged and the wedding day. It really doesn't say much.

In the case of Marie-Chantal and Pavlos, I would say, that MC is the controlled part of the marriage. Pavlos really seems to loosen up for instance, when he is on holiday at Gråsten in Denmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom