Pavlos and Marie Chantal current events: August 31, 2004 - October 11, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USCtrojan

Royal Highness
City
Phoenix
Country
United States
I noticed that the first thread was getting rather long, so here is the beginning of a new one.

Too look at the old thread click on this link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding Pia and Christopher Getty, they've been divorced for some time now. There's even a question about her last child (her 4th) as being his, I think she gave birth after the divorce so people assumed it wasn't Getty's. Pia is the most private of the sisters.

I doubt would be the case however!

chanel said:
I doubt would be the case however!

Why might it not be the case? It's not like it would ever be the first question of paternity from people in public life. Look at Elizabeth Hurley and the question of her son Damian being Steven Bing's or not. And its not as if women have never been known to stray in marriages. Pia wouldn't be the first woman to stray and would definitely not be the last.

I agree with Genevieve. It is possible that Pia's fourth child could have been conceived with someone other than her husband. How is that not possible.

Let's look at the facts:

*Although Pia and Chris may have been in love when they first married, they definitely seemed to fall out of love quickly. Chris from what is said apparently had many affairs throughout the marriage.

*Pia didn't marry for money. She and her children will be well provided for whether she is married to a Getty or not. Oh, and BTW, Chris Getty has the Getty name, but he is not from one of the extremely wealthy branches of the family. Robert Miller takes care of his family. All of his daughters are definitely Daddy's girls, so Pia was never going to want for anything. I think that this marriage was a major case of another Miller sister marrying a well recognized and prominent name. Of course, Pia wasn't a bad catch either when considering the economics and plain superficiality of the situation.

*Chris cheated throughout the marriage, so it wouldn't be unthinkable that Pia would be fed up and would perhaps have her own relationships. It certainly wouldn't make things right for her to do that, but it seems that Chris was leading a double or separate life for a while. Therefore, it doesn't appear strange to me that Pia may lead her own life as well.

*As I recall there wasn't even said to have been a birth announcement anywhere for Pia's fourth child. There were announcements, however, for the birth of her other children. Pia is very private and being photographed and written about doesn't interest her, but I found the the lack of announcement to be strange. Maybe she simply didn't want the attention after the separation or maybe there was another reason. Who knows?

Last edited:
Isabel said:
*Although Pia and Chris may have been in love when they first married, they definitely seemed to fall out of love quickly. Chris from what is said apparently had many affairs throughout the marriage.

*Chris cheated throughout the marriage, so it wouldn't be unthinkable that Pia would be fed up and would perhaps have her own relationships. It certainly would make things right for her to do that, but it seems that Chris was leading a double or separate life for a while. Therefore, it doesn't appear strange to me that Pia may lead her own life as well.

I think that, too, likely before the seperation or divorce was officially announced, Pia and Chris were living seperate lives long before. Alex and Alex certainly were, and each were even seen in the company of other men and women. It was certainly no surprise when Alex and Alex announced their separation followed soon after by their divorce. And if Pia and Chris were living seperate lives and Chris was carrying on affairs during his relationship, who is to say that Pia didn't have a dalliance of her own to produce this fourth child? I'm not saying that she did, just that its possible.

I didn't know Pia had a fourth child.
When was the baby born and was it a boy or girl?
Thanks very much.
Nicole

Genevieve said:
I think that, too, likely before the seperation or divorce was officially announced, Pia and Chris were living seperate lives long before. Alex and Alex certainly were, and each were even seen in the company of other men and women. It was certainly no surprise when Alex and Alex announced their separation followed soon after by their divorce. And if Pia and Chris were living seperate lives and Chris was carrying on affairs during his relationship, who is to say that Pia didn't have a dalliance of her own to produce this fourth child? I'm not saying that she did, just that its possible.
I do not believe Alex girl ever went out with another guy while they were married.

Bubbette said:
I do not believe Alex girl ever went out with another guy while they were married.
She definitely did. Alex and Alex had separated lives after a while. They were separated long before either admitted it publicly. There were photographs of both with other individuals that were taken while the two were still married. They were nothing scandalous, only photos of them out for an evening with individuals other than each other.

Pia and Chris Getty are back together. They were separated but never divorced. They recently gave one of the best parties of the season in London.

Alex and Alex are divorced.

Pia and Chris Getty are back together? Thanks for the news Paloma because I hadn't heard about this elsewhere before. Are they living full time in London or spending time as well in the U.S. at other homes?

Yes,she is due in September so it won´t take any longer..

I'm not sure if Chris and Pia have moved to London full time. As far as I know, Pavlos and MC are the only full time residents of London. I think that Alexandra is there most of the time, but does come back to the U.S. on occasion.(with or without Tim Jeffries)

What is the name and gender of Pia's fourth child? When was it born?

Eliza

As of today, Sept.16, I haven't heard that M-C has had her baby yet.

Don't worry!!I wish it will be tomorrow 'cause it is out Royal Marriage Anniversary ,and the baby will be the best "present" for Them!!

Marie Chantal and her mother after having lunch in La Famiglia Restaurant in London

From Seeger Press

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00128710.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00128710.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 10,493
  • pre-SEEGER00128708.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00128708.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,024
  • pre-SEEGER00128707.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00128707.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 6,046
some random photos from Getty Images and Polfoto

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 4,545
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,722
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 685
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 749
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 699
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,000
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 827
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 824
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,013
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,022
Sorry to be a pain, but is anyone able to answer my earlier question about Marie Chantal's older sister Pia and whether she did infact have a 4th child and whether it was a boy or girl?
Thanks Nicole

photos from Polfoto

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 547
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,019
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,329
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 575
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,020
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 742
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 973
  • 1'.jpg
    1'.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 676
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 623
Guess Who said:
How many languages does marie chantal speak?
I know she speaks English and French, but other than this two, i'm not sure what other languages...she has stated that she's learning Greek too.

I saw a pic of ALex with Tim Jeffries in Town & Country "Parties" section

New pictures of the "point de vue" shoot in this week's hello magazine

Attachments

• hello2.jpg
    hello2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 924
  • hello3.jpg
    hello3.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 783
  • hello5.jpg
    hello5.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 709
  • hello8.jpg
    hello8.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 787
  • hello9.jpg
    hello9.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 757
From Hello magazine

Exclusive family photos
CROWN PRINCE PAVLOS AND MARIE CHANTAL OF GREECE INTRODUCE BABY ODYSSEUS

Pursuing a line in names drawn from Greek myhtology for their children, Prince Pavlos of Greece and his wife Marie-Chantal plucked Odysseus from the acient archives to give to the most recent addition to their family.

And their two-month-old son is already living up to his name, getting his travels off to a good start with a trip to Paris en famille. "Pavlos manages an investment fund and has various reasons to be in France," Marie-Chantal explains. "So we took the opportunity to bring the little ones along."

Odysseus arrived, like a gift from the gods, on Marie-Chantal's birthday, September 17 - to the delight of his siblings, who had been eagerly awaiting his birth. "They talked about it all summer," says Pavlos.

The baby prince has a sister, Maria-Olympia, aged eight, and two brothers, Konstantine Alexios, five, and four-your-old Achileas Andreas. The name Olympia is taken from Mount Olympus, home to the 12 gods who ruled Greece after the overthrow of the Titans. Achileas, like Odysseus, was one of Homer's heroes - and happens to be played by Brad Pit in the big-screen blockbuster Troy. Only Konstantine breaks the symmetry, by being the name of Prince Pavlos' father, Greece's former King.

Greek mythology offers a wealth of unusual names and it could be that Marie-Chantal and Pavlos aren't finished yet. "We've always dreamt of having a big family," Pavlos once said. "My wife and I think our role as parents is so important."

Daughter of British duty-free billionaire Robert Miller, Marie-Chantal has another role she takes seriously. Having discovered a gap in the market when shopping for clothes for her brood, she set up a line in children's wear and is now at the head of a thriving business.

"My father always taught me the value of hard work," she told Hello! recently. "And I inherited my business instainct from him, too. I've always loved to try new things: I've worked at the famous Andy Warhol Factory, for example."

While her business interests and lively social agenda command attentionn it is undoubtedly her family who gets the lion's share if the Princess' time. Because, as she explains: "I found a balance and I found my Prince, the man I love."

According to Pavlos, his wife, whom he decribes as "easy-going, down-to-earth, sensitive, polite and totally approachable", is one of those superwomen who cleverly fit a wide range of demands into their time. The trick? "She works 24 hours a day."

He and Marie-Chantal both make quality time with the children their priority. "We do so many things together," Pavlos told us during a family holiday this summer in his native Greece. "We swim, look for sea urchins, watch cartoons, play hide and seek and golf and tell stories."

The couple also have a well-considered approach to child-rearing. Says Pavlos:" The trick is to give them room to grow and to encourage them to make choices and to be self-reliant without putting pressure on them. We want them to grow up normally and humbly. With love, limits and rules."

And travel, of course. Little Odysseus looks set to be christened in Athens, next March.

Caption:
LONDON - DECEMBER 14: Prince Pavlos, Princess Marie-Chantel of Greece and children attend the "Mary Poppins" Gala Preview in aid of "Over the Wall" Charity, ahead of tomorrow's press night at the Prince Edward Theatre December 14, 2004 in London, England.

Gettyimages

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 930
I just watched a review of the play this morning on BBC America and according to the reporter and producer it's closer to the book and is darker and not recommended for young children. Guess MC and Pavlos didn't care as long as they are back in the presswith the kids.
wittykitty:(

Let's be fair to Pavlos and Marie-Chantal. If this play was not recommended for young children, it is certain that they were not aware of this. As you can see by the photos, they were not the only parents there with children.

Caption: LONDON - DECEMBER 14: TV presenter Ruby Wax with daughters Marina and Madeline and son Max attend the "Mary Poppins" Gala Preview ahead of tomorrow's press night at the Prince Edward Theatre on December 14, 2004 in London.
Gettyimages

wittykitty said:
I just watched a review of the play this morning on BBC America and according to the reporter and producer it's closer to the book and is darker and not recommended for young children. Guess MC and Pavlos didn't care as long as they are back in the presswith the kids.
wittykitty:(

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 445
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 323
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 322
Queen Anne -Marie with Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie-Chantel of Greece with their children Maria-Olympia, Constantine Alexios and Achileas Andreas attend the "Mary Poppins" Gala Preview ahead of tomorrow's press night at the Prince Edward Theatre on December 14, 2004 in London.

Gettyimages

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,013
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 781
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 849
  • 5.jpg