Pavlos and Marie Chantal current events: August 31, 2004 - October 11, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pdas1201,
thankx for the picture.She Marie-chantal looks terrible in the picture & very unhappy.She has been looking very pale in the recent photos, i think she needs some color on her face

She's probably a little tired because she's the mother of four now! My goodness- the little one must be keeping her up. She seems to be a very devoted mother, so I'm sure that's what her problem is.

I read in a other forum or magazine maybe Hola that MC has at least 2 nanny's to help all the time- many many mothers with 4 or more children have no outside help to do basic things like clean house, do lundry or buy grocies, If MC is "tired" she might cut back on social events and go to bed early. :(
Wittykitty

She had 4 nannies before Odysseus Kimon's birth, one per child and one for the night.

Now, I don't know if she hired another one for the baby...

ladybelline said:
She had 4 nannies before Odysseus Kimon's birth, one per child and one for the night.

Now, I don't know if she hired another one for the baby...

Really? One for each child plus a night nanny? Doesn't that seem a bit excessive? Especially since Olympia is old enough to change herself, brush her own teeth, etc.

Plus I'm sure that nannies aren't the only help they have in their home. They must have a cook, a maid and the like, too. So it's not as if Marie-Chantal and Pavlos are busy cooking, doing the laundry and scrubbing the bath tub to be caring for their children.

I really doubt she has four nannies. I have seen many photos of the family on vacation or going to the park and there is only one nanny along. There may be two nannies, but four? I don't think so.

They have a cook (seen in photos of the interior of their London home), and probably a maid or housekeeper. There's also a butler, who was hired after the Queen Mother died from her staff.

I would think there are at least two nannies for the daytime (three kids is a lot for one woman, and now with a baby added in, it's probably too great of a workload, especially since they seem to be kept almost spotless), and you need another one for nighttime, because day nannies don't work nights, too. If they don't have more than one full-fledged nanny, they may have nursery assistants, who help the nanny out with the kids.

Last edited:
In my opinion, MC looks gorgeous in that velvet dress and does not look tired at all. As far as the nannies go, it reminds me of one sequel of the reality show "Wife Swap" where a millionairess from New York got swapped with a farmer, and guess what, that woman had three children and three nannies! Judging from that family, it seems to be quite normal thing to have a nanny for each child. Unlike MC, however, that millionairess had never cared much about her children, and it was only after the wife swap that she realized that she had had been a bad mother all that time. I don´t think that this is the case with MC. She is always 100% involved with her children.

Merca said:
In my opinion, MC looks gorgeous in that velvet dress and does not look tired at all. As far as the nannies go, it reminds me of one sequel of the reality show "Wife Swap" where a millionairess from New York got swapped with a farmer, and guess what, that woman had three children and three nannies! Judging from that family, it seems to be quite normal thing to have a nanny for each child. Unlike MC, however, that millionairess had never cared much about her children, and it was only after the wife swap that she realized that she had had been a bad mother all that time. I don´t think that this is the case with MC. She is always 100% involved with her children.
When I read about MC's nannies I thought of that Wife Swap episode too!

a nanny for each child? no wonder she is always at fashion shows adn out shopping, she has someone to do the rest of the mummy job for her.

If CP Pavlos and MC have that many nannies, then I think it's just sad. I know all the stuff about how royal children are raised differently, but I think parents should be parents to their kids. I hope CP Pavlos and MC are more modern, "hands-on" parents.

SpiffyBallerina said:
If CP Pavlos and MC have that many nannies, then I think it's just sad. I know all the stuff about how royal children are raised differently, but I think parents should be parents to their kids. I hope CP Pavlos and MC are more modern, "hands-on" parents.

Somehow I doubt that Pavlos and Marie-Chantal are very hands on parents.

I think it's sad, too, that they have that much help. I'm all for having help but I think the amount of help they have is excessive. I just can't understand what they both do with all their time when you look at their situation:

-Pavlos works at some job, say even a maximum of 10 hours a day
-Marie Chantal has her children's clothing business but it's not exactly your typical office job so Marie Chantal could:
a. set her own hours and come and go around scheduled meetings or appointments
b. work from home and do conference calls or e-mails about decisions that need to be made
-they have a cook who prepares their meals and likely does the grocery shopping, too
-they have a maid who cleans and maintains their home
-they also have nannies who likely do the laundry for their children's clothes
-at least Olympia and Konstantine are in school full days, leaving only Achilleas and the baby to be care for most of the day
-they aren't "working" royalty in the sense that Phillippe and Mathilde of Belgium are in that they have a regular schedule of royal engagements to do, thus taking much of their time away from them that they could be spending with their children

... So why is it that they need so many nannies to care for their children?

I know regular parents with four kids who work 8-10 hour days, come home prepare dinner, take their kids to lessons, help with homework, give baths, get kids ready for school the next day, pack lunches, make breakfast the next morning, do the laundry for a family of 6, clean a house with 6 people living in it and don't have even Molly Maid come in once a week.

I know you can't compare "regular" folks to royals but look at royals who are obviously very hands on parents: Cristina and Inaki of Spain who have three (soon to be four) kids and while they do have help (at least one nanny, possibly two) they both also have jobs (even part time), carry on some royal duties, yet we see them taking or picking up their sons from school or attending sporting events with their sons.

Alexandria said:
Somehow I doubt that Pavlos and Marie-Chantal are very hands on parents.

Really? Speaking as a mother, I have always had the impression that Pavlos & Marie-Chantal are loving, affectionate parents who enjoy their children & family life. MC & Pavlos frequently assert their feelings regarding the children in interviews. Besides, if MC is so vain & self-centered as some would suggest, why would she continue to have children when she already has an heir and a spare? Bearing children is a physical & emotional commitment, and I don't believe MC would continue to have children unless she wanted to nurture more little ones and had the maternal desire to do so.

mcandkids.jpg

Notice how MC's kids lean against her? My kids do that with me, too, and no one else! No one can take the place of a mom.

Alexandria said:
I know regular parents with four kids who work 8-10 hour days, come home prepare dinner, take their kids to lessons, help with homework, give baths, get kids ready for school the next day, pack lunches, make breakfast the next morning, do the laundry for a family of 6, clean a house with 6 people living in it and don't have even Molly Maid come in once a week.

I happen to be one of those regular parents with a pretty simular schedule. Guess what? There's not a lot of opportunity for quality time after all of the work is done. After a full day at work and a mad dash to pick up the kids from daycare, how "hands-on" has any parent been? I think it's GREAT that MC has help in her home....she can do lots of fun stuff with her kids. I'd be happy to trade places with her!

Alexandria said:
I know you can't compare "regular" folks to royals but look at royals who are obviously very hands on parents: Cristina and Inaki of Spain who have three (soon to be four) kids and while they do have help (at least one nanny, possibly two) they both also have jobs (even part time), carry on some royal duties, yet we see them taking or picking up their sons from school or attending sporting events with their sons.

What's the big difference? Pavlos & MC also work, and I have also seen pictures of MC picking her daughter up from school. I think MC and Pavlos probably measure up as pretty good parents when you consider how much time your average working parent has. Just an opinion from a tired mom.;)

Last edited:
Why do you think Pavlos works at a job? Or MC for that matter? I think
they dabble.

I agree with you 100%, Stefanie! The body language tells it all, and this family is definitely a very close-knit one. It is a pity that some people have such a negative impression of MC that they are unable to see anything positive about her. So what if MC has plenty of extra hands to help her out? If I were as rich as her, and the princess on top of it, I would not expect any less. What I can´t understand is why some people expect her disregard her wealth and to live like a middle-class mother and wife.

Last edited:
Bubbette said:
Why do you think Pavlos works at a job? Or MC for that matter? I think
they dabble.

Since Pavlos earned a degree at Georgetown, and has since worked as a shipping broker and a hedge fund manager at Gryphon Capital, I think his efforts constitute more than a dabble. I wouldn't be surprised if MC's dad has given him a large chunk of money to invest. Do you think he's going to slack off and blow his father-in-law's money? Given the scrutiny that Pavlos is subjected to, I seriously doubt he wants anyone to think that he's not a productive and ambitious man.

I suppose it would be fair to say that Pavlos & MC "dabble" much like Prince Charles & Prince Joachim "dabble" at farming and other royals dabble at their respective jobs. To be perfectly honest, I work with a fair amount of "dabblers" at my office as well.;)

StefanievonRantzau said:
Since Pavlos earned a degree at Georgetown, and has since worked as a shipping broker and a hedge fund manager at Gryphon Capital, I think his efforts constitute more than a dabble. I wouldn't be surprised if MC's dad has given him a large chunk of money to invest. Do you think he's going to slack off and blow his father-in-law's money? Given the scrutiny that Pavlos is subjected to, I seriously doubt he wants anyone to think that he's not a productive and ambitious man.

I suppose it would be fair to say that Pavlos & MC "dabble" much like Prince Charles & Prince Joachim "dabble" at farming and other royals dabble at their respective jobs. To be perfectly honest, I work with a fair amount of "dabblers" at my office as well.;)

You don't "dabble"(what is this??A synonym to' loofing??")in your own work!!It costs!!

You know, I've seen series of photos of them when I think it's so nice they're out w/ the kids but when I look closer there always seems to be a nanny there, too. I wonder how involved in her children's lives Marie Chantal really is.

Someone made a new Marie Chantal webpage. It's *definitely* very snarky, but since the creator seems to be a regular poster over at fametracker, that should be no surprise. There are a lot of pictures on the site - I remember seeing a lot of them here, but some are new. There's also a message board where there's some gossip about her and her family, but it seems to be the same sort of stuff written here (maybe a little nastier). The website is at: http://princessmariechantal.tripod.com

Charities

I wanted to know that if there were any charity that the crown couple were involved with.....

I know that there is the Ana Maria Foundation but that is the King's charity cause....

It would be nice to see the crown couple use their publicity to help the greek people instead of showing off MC wealth and children....

maybe their should use their PR to help other people instead of themselves.... who knows it might even help them in the end....

Q

Queens said:
I wanted to know that if there were any charity that the crown couple were involved with.....

I know that there is the Ana Maria Foundation but that is the King's charity cause....

It would be nice to see the crown couple use their publicity to help the greek people instead of showing off MC wealth and children....

maybe their should use their PR to help other people instead of themselves.... who knows it might even help them in the end....

Q

There is a Charity Fountaition of their R.H,but I don't know where is it placed..

Has the new baby been christened yet? Who are the godparents?

Pavlos and Marie-Chantal actually co-founded the Pavlos and Marie-Chantal Foundation, a charity which helps underprivileged children.

I was watching Fashion Television yesterday and saw Marie Chantal being interviewed at a Valentino fashion show.
Here's two pics.

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 397
  • Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 300
Video

Does anyone know where I can find video on the internet of Pavlos and/or Marie Chantal talking? Thanks!

Go to http://www.dr.dk/bryllupsplayer/index.asp?play=/nyheder/template/lib/wmm_bryllup.jhtml?mmID=83504&publicationID=1&list=/nyheder/html/nyheder/baggrund/tema2004/bryllup/player/highlights.aframe.After you get there scroll down until you get to the last video. Pavlos and Marie-Chantal, Alexandra zu-Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, and Prince Gustav zu-Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg are all being interviewed. Pavlos and Marie-Chantal are talking in English, but Alexandra and Gustav are both talking in Danish. THere are flashbacks to Pavlos and Marie-Chantal's wedding as well as Princess Alexandra zu-Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg's wedding.

samitude said:
Go to http://www.dr.dk/bryllupsplayer/index.asp?play=/nyheder/template/lib/wmm_bryllup.jhtml?mmID=83504&publicationID=1&list=/nyheder/html/nyheder/baggrund/tema2004/bryllup/player/highlights.aframe.After you get there scroll down until you get to the last video. Pavlos and Marie-Chantal, Alexandra zu-Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, and Prince Gustav zu-Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg are all being interviewed. Pavlos and Marie-Chantal are talking in English, but Alexandra and Gustav are both talking in Danish. THere are flashbacks to Pavlos and Marie-Chantal's wedding as well as Princess Alexandra zu-Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg's wedding.

Thanks for the link Samitude but on the side where you scroll it says "page not found".

samitude said:
See if this will work. Click on this link.

http://www.dr.dk/bryllup/index.html

Go down to the row of four pictures and click on the one that says Vielsen. That should bring you to the video page.

I got there but unfortunatly it won't play for me. Thanks for trying though. I really appreciate it!

their fourth child wasn´t christened yet,or?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom