Pavlos and Marie-Chantal current events 2: October 2005-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
found this cute one...

Princess Alexandra of Denmark and Crown Princess Marie Chantal of Greece exchange their mobile phone numbers after the baptism of Danish Prince Christian in the Christiansborg palace in Copenhagen, Denmark, 21 January 2006.

(from dpa)

purple_platinum said:
found this cute one...

Princess Alexandra of Denmark and Crown Princess Marie Chantal of Greece exchange their mobile phone numbers after the baptism of Danish Prince Christian in the Christiansborg palace in Copenhagen, Denmark, 21 January 2006.

(from dpa)

That's a great picture!

Nice to see HH attending family events!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a really great finding, purple! Thanks for posting it!

It shows that Alexandra and Marie Chantal are women just like you an me..:)

hehe...nice to see the sort of HP brand they use too!!!

hey Eliza.. i'm kinda wondering what brand is the cellphone.
i think Alexandra use the candybar style, while Marie-Chantal uses the clamshell style.
but i don't know what brand..

Marie Chantal´s phone

I read in a Telva magazine (Spain) that she´s got a Sony Ericsson mobile phone.
Somebody Know which label is MC´s bag (Denmark Christening)

purple_platinum said:
hey Eliza.. i'm kinda wondering what brand is the cellphone.
i think Alexandra use the candybar style, while Marie-Chantal uses the clamshell style.
but i don't know what brand..

Hi Purple_Platinum, I'm pretty sure by the look of the phone that Alexandra uses Nokia, whereas Marie-Chantal uses either Sony-Ericsson or Samsung cos the shape of the design is similar to those brands.

Does anyone think the MC might be pregnant again.After viewing some of the pictures from the christening in Copenhagen it might be a possibility although it would be quite soon after her last one.

From the photos in Copenhagen she does look pregnant. They stated that they did want four or five children during one of their engagement interviews.

paloma said:
From the photos in Copenhagen she does look pregnant. They stated that they did want four or five children during one of their engagement interviews.
Yes, she has look pregnant!!!!!

betina said:
Do you have a name they could have then as their last name?? I cant find one, and they will stil be prince and princess of Denmark by the way without right to the throne

They don't use a last name, although they are Glucksburg-Holtstein-Sonderburg. They are just Prince/Princess Pavlos of Greece and Denmark.

They are legally Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderborg-Gluecksburg, the same as the Danes and Norwegians.

thank you for the photos. Where they are? in London.

Not London. In one of the pics, a little bit of a sign can be seen and it says Senks-something, so they may be on holiday.

by the way the are dressed, I am going to guess that they are on their anual trip to Gestad,Switzerland.

Perhaps..I found the pics but couldnt know where they were :confused:

more from Goff

Pavlos looks absolutely adorable with his baby and that cute cute dog... ;)

Yes, You Are Right. There Are A Sign In Which Put Senk... And They Carried A Bag That Put Something Similar. They Went With Their Dog.

branchg said:
They don't use a last name, although they are Glucksburg-Holtstein-Sonderburg. They are just Prince/Princess Pavlos of Greece and Denmark.

When King George I came to Greece, he renounced his rights to the danish throne and the term Schwlesing- Holstein- Sonderburg- Glucksburg, which was not even a surname of the danish royal family, but named the four regions the kingdom was made of.
Opponents of the ex king Constantine usually call him like that (Glucksburg) ironically.
It was a nickname reinvented by the greek 'Entente' supporters during the WW I, because it sounded more 'german', and that would make people feel disgust for the then neutral king Constantine I (grandfather of Constantine's)
Therefore members of the greek royal family do not have a last name

The name of the dynasty is the exact same as the name of the dynasties in Denmark and Norway, SHSG. It's not a surname, per se, but it's what the Greek government uses to refer to the family (and that's not necessarily disrespectful because the Norwegian and Danish houses are described the same way in their countries).

kelly9480 said:
The name of the dynasty is the exact same as the name of the dynasties in Denmark and Norway, SHSG. It's not a surname, per se, but it's what the Greek government uses to refer to the family (and that's not necessarily disrespectful because the Norwegian and Danish houses are described the same way in their countries).

I don't like repeating myself, but King George I of Greece founded a NEW dynasty WITHOUT a last name, per se or not
Schwlesig- Holstein- Sonderbug- Glucksburg NEVER characterised the greek dynasty

By looking at the photos I guess MC isn't pregnant as we thought she might be at the christening of little Christian.

iannis said:
I don't like repeating myself, but King George I of Greece founded a NEW dynasty WITHOUT a last name, per se or not
Schwlesig- Holstein- Sonderbug- Glucksburg NEVER characterised the greek dynasty
I don't like repeating myself either, but a last name and a dynasty name aren't always the same thing. SHSG IS the DYNASTY name of the Greeks. I never said it was their last name. Even Constantine himself has said the dynasty is either Oldenburg or SHSG.

kelly9480 said:
I don't like repeating myself either, but a last name and a dynasty name aren't always the same thing. SHSG IS the DYNASTY name of the Greeks. I never said it was their last name. Even Constantine himself has said the dynasty is either Oldenburg or SHSG.

Even if it was the Danish dynasty's name, it never was the greek one's, since by King Christian IX and afterwards, all his descendants, including the later founder of the greek dynasty, had no dynasty name; you can check it at the official site of Constantine and the royal family: www.greekroyalfamily.gr: there is an announcement of the supreme greek jury for private matters that says so; it is in english as well
If you're referring to King George I's blood and anchestry, yes it comes from the house of S-H-S-G, but that was never attributed to the greek royalties

MC pregnancy speculation

marlene said:
By looking at the photos I guess MC isn't pregnant as we thought she might be at the christening of little Christian.

Unless she is hiding it very well it doesn't appear that she is by these pictures. . . wonder when they were taken? I would have bet my life that she was by the Christening pics!!

iannis said:
Even if it was the Danish dynasty's name, it never was the greek one's, since by King Christian IX and afterwards, all his descendants, including the later founder of the greek dynasty, had no dynasty name; you can check it at the official site of Constantine and the royal family: www.greekroyalfamily.gr: there is an announcement of the supreme greek jury for private matters that says so; it is in english as well
If you're referring to King George I's blood and anchestry, yes it comes from the house of S-H-S-G, but that was never attributed to the greek royalties
Every European dynasty -- every single one -- has a dynasty name. The Greeks are an offshoot of the Danish royal family, which is an offshoot of SHSG, which is an offshoot of the Oldenburgs. The Greek government can say whatever it wants, and Constantine can say whatever he wants, the fact remains that, genealogically, the Greeks are from the SHSG/Oldenburg dynasty. Unless Constantine goes and legally changes the dynasty name (and whether he has the legal ability to do so is questionable, because he's not reigning), the dynasty exists as either SHSG or Oldenburg.

kelly9480 said:
Every European dynasty -- every single one -- has a dynasty name. The Greeks are an offshoot of the Danish royal family, which is an offshoot of SHSG, which is an offshoot of the Oldenburgs. The Greek government can say whatever it wants, and Constantine can say whatever he wants, the fact remains that, genealogically, the Greeks are from the SHSG/Oldenburg dynasty. Unless Constantine goes and legally changes the dynasty name (and whether he has the legal ability to do so is questionable, because he's not reigning), the dynasty exists as either SHSG or Oldenburg.

The dynasty of Denmark or Norway may do so, but the greek dynasty was never a SHSG, because the greek dynasty was founded in 1863, when danish kings have stopped using the term S-H-S-G.
But even if they had not, the same happened with other new royalties of the Balcans that period: princes form European courts came to countries as Greece starting NEW dynasties.
Therefore the greek dynasty was one of Orthodox Greek speaking monarchs, with the exception of George I who was born Willehlm of Denmark, but when came to Greece renounced any connection and right to the danish dynasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom