The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2017, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nikolaos, Pavlos, Philippos enjoy the day after the party last night. A nice gift from Nikolaos to his older brother!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWDQJeig...n-by=pavlosgr1

Old 07-02-2017, 02:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
This party was nothing new under the sun. Since mediaeval times royalty and aristocracy have organized parties with a theme. Think about the famous masked balls. Even the so strictly and sober raised Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands (grandmother of Beatrix), the last one to be called a lighthearted girl, engaged in such balls. Here you see a costume from the Dutch royal archives which she wore, especially made for her by Pierre Eugène Lacoste: picture.

My commentary was more about her behavior... just curious about the theme

Old 07-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Archduchess Eleonora also attended the party:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWCuUadAtM6/

As did her sister Archduchess Gloria:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWCbm0XAAIF/

And their mother, Archduchess Francesca:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWCaJNPAkuf/

The Hilton sisters attended too. Queen Maxima must be thankful that the Dutch press has a media code, as these decadent photos of her hanging out with such people will never be seen by most of the public. I wonder if the king attended or not.

We did not see any Danish family, Pavlos' parents and Spanish relatives but I suppose they must have attended.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
... [snipped] Queen Maxima must be thankful that the Dutch press has a media code, as these decadent photos of her hanging out with such people will never be seen by most of the public. I wonder if the king attended or not.
We did not see any Danish family, Pavlos' parents or and Spanish relatives.
Such parties do not happen very often. One may assume that Queen Maxima and King Willem-Alexander are allowed to relax a bit.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I am sorry but this party was not for HM the Queen of the Netherlands.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Gentry

The theme was "Prince & The Revolution"
Old 07-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Courtier

Prince, is by Prince Pavlos, and The Revolution is Princess Maria Olympia,( because she is always revolutionizing, she does not like the classic, she is always introducing new things and changes). The guests had to go classic but moderns.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
What was the theme? I'm sorry but, MO looks like a common showgirl (..)

I'm perplexed because it seems -- JMHO -- that someone like Catherine Middleton, a "commoner" was raised to act like a perfect lady who could one day be "royal" ... and MO -- someone w/royal blood from many European royals -- wants to act, look, and dress like a social wannabe.

I just don't get it!

She could have been a perfect bride for any number of European royal/noble men.
I fully agree with you. This girl seems absolutely spoiled and of bad taste. Her mother's family thanks to money managed to be raised to an acceptable level and reach the highest Royal families and MO looks like she wanted to escape from all this and go to a "Hollywood Boulevard" starlet to be level.
I don't get it either.
By the way,who is JMHO?
Old 07-03-2017, 01:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

only one word when looking at the pictures: TACKY!!
Old 07-03-2017, 02:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Archduchess Eleonora also attended the party:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWCuUadAtM6/

As did her sister Archduchess Gloria:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWCbm0XAAIF/

And their mother, Archduchess Francesca:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWCaJNPAkuf/

The Hilton sisters attended too. Queen Maxima must be thankful that the Dutch press has a media code, as these decadent photos of her hanging out with such people will never be seen by most of the public. I wonder if the king attended or not.

We did not see any Danish family, Pavlos' parents and Spanish relatives but I suppose they must have attended.
We will see these pictures on the web and in the boulevard press. The media code does not work here, it works for the protection of royals just doing private things in their private pastime (shopping, horseriding, going to church, playing field hockey). This was a society party with fellow guests posting on social media. There is no hindrance for the boulevard press not to publish these pictures. No problem at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I am sorry but this party was not for HM the Queen of the Netherlands.
Queen Máxima has not put any feet wrong. She went to the birthday party of the eldest son of King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellenes, who happens to be one of her best friends. She looked fabulous and acted gracefully. We can not held her responsible for other guests at the party.

Last week's Royal Ascot was marred with drunken brawls. One even involved a topless millionaire near the royal enclosure challenging visitors to fight with him. What now? Verboten for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II ?
Old 07-03-2017, 03:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWEDVLsjzMa/
Old 07-03-2017, 04:19 AM
Courtier

The party was divided because I have seen in two parties, one in the garden, where you can see the guests talking, commenting, sitting and listening to music, in the photos you see people of all ages and another party , after Of this, that would be more modern and extravagant to youngs

I have not seen photos of the kings,Constantine and Anne Marie but I have seen photos in the garden of the house, where you see a classic party, with people of all ages, and the truth, 50 years of prince Pavlos would be nice to have been them.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
The party was divided because I have seen in two parties, one in the garden, where you can see the guests talking, commenting, sitting and listening to music, in the photos you see people of all ages and another party , after Of this, that would be more modern and extravagant to youngs

I have not seen photos of the kings,Constantine and Anne Marie but I have seen photos in the garden of the house, where you see a classic party, with people of all ages, and the truth, 50 years of prince Pavlos would be nice to have been them.
Ah interesting, I can see that makes sense. One party for the 50-years old Prince Pavlos and another one for his eldest daughter.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
Prince, is by Prince Pavlos, and The Revolution is Princess Maria Olympia,( because she is always revolutionizing, she does not like the classic, she is always introducing new things and changes). The guests had to go classic but moderns.
I would have accepted MO revolutions if she had left her cosy life to go to Africa and help the starvation victims. The only "revolutionary" think I see to her is loosing every year more centimeters of fabric in her clothes.....
Old 07-03-2017, 09:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
What was the theme? I'm sorry but, MO looks like a common showgirl (..)

I'm perplexed because it seems -- JMHO -- that someone like Catherine Middleton, a "commoner" was raised to act like a perfect lady who could one day be "royal" ... and MO -- someone w/royal blood from many European royals -- wants to act, look, and dress like a social wannabe.

I just don't get it!

She could have been a perfect bride for any number of European royal/noble men.

One more proof that noble birth is not what makes a royal but personality!
The party might have been lavish and fun, but it also had a frivolous ring to it.... Too bad members of reigning royal houses, including a Queen consort, took part.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
One more proof that noble birth is not what makes a royal but personality!
The party might have been lavish and fun, but it also had a frivolous ring to it.... Too bad members of reigning royal houses, including a Queen consort, took part.
King Felipe was there too and I am pretty sure the Danes as well.

But so far there is only photo proof of Felipe who attended without his wife (according to El Mundo). But who knows, Felipe is tall, Letizia is small
El Rey Felipe, sin Letizia, en la fiesta privada del 50 cumpleaños de su primo, Pablo de Grecia | loc | EL MUNDO

and it gets better, other spanish tabloids claim that Cristina and Inaki were present, too (only unclear photo)
http://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial....ilton_1408687/
Old 07-03-2017, 10:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
We will see these pictures on the web and in the boulevard press. The media code does not work here, it works for the protection of royals just doing private things in their private pastime (shopping, horseriding, going to church, playing field hockey). This was a society party with fellow guests posting on social media. There is no hindrance for the boulevard press not to publish these pictures. No problem at all.

Queen Máxima has not put any feet wrong. She went to the birthday party of the eldest son of King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellenes, who happens to be one of her best friends. She looked fabulous and acted gracefully. We can not held her responsible for other guests at the party.

Last week's Royal Ascot was marred with drunken brawls. One even involved a topless millionaire near the royal enclosure challenging visitors to fight with him. What now? Verboten for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II ?

I agree with you

The party of Prince Pavlos has had guests who have dressed elegantly (within the theme of the party), Ascot style women, and others were horribles. Queen Maxima was normal, inside the theme of the party, Prince Pavlos and his children, horribles with these smoking, but possibly within the theme of the party, this was not a etiquette party.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Royal Highness

This looks like a extravagantly big party for the wealthy of the world and nothing wrong with that as it is not taxpayers who paid for it. Yet perhaps some royal kings and queens should keep a lower profile as this might not look good to the people of their countries as they will look very frivolous party goers. Yet....wondering if anyone remembers the parties that Princess TNT had for I still have the magazine with all the pictures of one of those parties when she was younger.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Indeed, this was a party for devout altar boys, compared with the extravaganza of the parties by Gloria von Thurn und Taxis, a.k.a. "The Punk Princess".

This wild imago did not prevent her to become a shrewd businesswoman managing the formidable estate with great succes (and to become more Catholic than the Pope on later age). Morale of the story: a party is a party and nothing more than that.

King Felipe attending his cousin's birthday, Queen Máxima saying hello to her Greek neighbours who were in The Hague for WA's 50th birthday, with whom WA and his family celebrated Orthodox Easter in Greece and once again were together for the wedding of mutual Greek friends.

Felipe, Máxima, Haakon, etc. they were invited and what could they do? For the same money it was an über-serious affair. That some guests dressed quite adventurous, no one could know on beforehand.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:38 PM
Royal Highness

I'm sure the royals in attendance knew that some of the other guests would be going all out. This isn't their first time at one of MC's parties. It looks like a lot of fun!

It's interesting who we haven't gotten pictures of - Alexia, Pavlos's parents, the Infantas, Queen Letizia, the Danes. Either none of them were there, which I doubt, or they all managed to avoid being snapped, which is impressive!