Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and Family current events 8: May 2016 - December 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
are they moving to the US now because trump is president or is it a mere coincidence? i was puzzled to see that MC follows trump on twitter a while back, but i guess it is normal: she probably relates to him as the member of a millionaire family from NY. she probably met him and his family plenty of times and they are part of the same circle in NY... they probably think he will act on their interests in some way as someone who is 'part of their group'.

this has nothing to do with the United States elections, nor other political circumstances .... the decision to go to live in the USA is much earlier than the month of June 2016, because Maria Olympia said in an interview In Hello! That her parents would soon be in New York, they were looking at houses to live, it was in june 2016, At may/june her mother had shared photos in New York. I think that this decisition, consulting her accounts of instagram, about january of 2016.

Finally, although this seems incredible, Donald Trump has been democratically elected by the people of the United States, and this decision has to be respected. This is not a question of supporting the policies of Donald Trump, it is a matter of respecting the decision of the United States people. I imagine that this greek organization of businessmen will do everything possible to talk to Donald Trump and seek support to help Greece.

this has nothing to do with the United States elections, nor other political circumstances .... the decision to go to live in the USA is much earlier than the month of June 2016, because Maria Olympia said in an interview In Hello! That her parents would soon be in New York, they were looking at houses to live, it was in june 2016, At may/june her mother had shared photos in New York. I think that this decisition, consulting her accounts of instagram, about january of 2016.

Finally, although this seems incredible, Donald Trump has been democratically elected by the people of the United States, and this decision has to be respected. This is not a question of supporting the policies of Donald Trump, it is a matter of respecting the decision of the United States people. I imagine that this greek organization of businessmen will do everything possible to talk to Donald Trump and seek support to help Greece.
He was elected by our system of the electoral college but lost the popular vote by about three million votes, the fifth time this type of win has happened in our history.

Is it my imagination or do the Greek cups not seem to attend any danish royal family events in the last few years?

Actually, its unlikely that the Millers are Trump supporters, due to the protectionist stance of Donald and the fact that Daddy Miller has made his money in the sort of multinational company that the Trump campaign has been railing against. They would not benefit from any renegiotiation of NAFTA, a trade war with China, or the potential of Trump being impeached partway through his term, all of which are very real possibilities. Likewise Trump's views on Latin America probably wouldn't sit well with Mama Miller. All things considered I'd actually wager that the Miller's were probably reluctant Clinton supporters, given her ties to Wall Street and her support of free trade.

AFAIK P and MC left NYC after the 9/11 attacks, which is understandable, but also that fact they could take advantage of non-dom status in the UK - this is still a thing as far as I know and given both brexit and eternal Tory rule both seem certain any poss trump tax deals don't seem a likely reason. It might actaully not be financial at all. Unlikely but possible.

They attended Margaret Thacthers funeral on behalf of C and AM who were the original invitees. Like it or not MT was still a major policital figure on the international stage and her funeral was a state event, it would have been churlish not to go.

As for the Hellenic Initiative, the GRF have been involved in that for a long time - C was often a guest at a number of their events during the Reagen years and these ties to said GOP grandees go back to the days of the greek civil war. Again Simone had to go and since C is too poorly for major travel anymore someone had to go. It would have been rude and churlish not to.

He was elected by our system of the electoral college but lost the popular vote by about three million votes, the fifth time this type of win has happened in our history.

Is it my imagination or do the Greek cups not seem to attend any danish royal family events in the last few years?

But that electoral system is the same that existed with Obama, Bush, Clinton ... If it had been the other way around, Hillary would have been president. He has been chosen by the US electoral system that gives more value to the electoral college than to direct voting. I'm sorry but this is the rule of law of the United States. In Spain something similar happens, and in many European countries, it does not govern the direct votes necessarily, if not the one that most Deputies have in parliament.

I have seen to the King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie in Denmark, in the 75th anniversary of Queen Marghrete. And Queen Marghrete was in august in Porto Jely in birthday of Queen Anne Marie.

In Vogue, Maria Olympia has said that she is very happy because in August her parents are going to live in New York

Last edited:
AFAIK P and MC left NYC after the 9/11 attacks, which is understandable, but also that fact they could take advantage of non-dom status in the UK - this is still a thing as far as I know and given both brexit and eternal Tory rule both seem certain any poss trump tax deals don't seem a likely reason. It might actaully not be financial at all. Unlikely but possible.

They attended Margaret Thacthers funeral on behalf of C and AM who were the original invitees. Like it or not MT was still a major policital figure on the international stage and her funeral was a state event, it would have been churlish not to go.

If that was what they were usually doing I had no problems with this CP couple at all - on the contrary. It is their very unroyal, jet set lifestyle I condemn. And I think, although I think Thatcher was a disaster, there´s a "bit" of a difference to a racist like Trump!

If some of you again keep saying "Oh, they have no obligations, he´s not a CP of a reigning house etc etc" I can only repeat, fine. But in that case Paul should be so honest to say he´s through with that royal stuff. But he isn´t - on the contrary.
By the way, just look at all the other abolished monarchies, Bulgaria, Serbia, Romania ( I exclude the ex-King here! He could have returned entirely to Romania since many years!), Germany, Albania, Portugal - in all of these houses members still deal with their dynasty´s heritage or even work permanently on a possible restoration. That I wouldn´t "demand" from Paul/ Pavlosl and MC, but I expect them to care just a bit more of his father´s and grandfather´s former kingdom and its people!

The Royal Houses, I have always said, are families linked to the history of a territory.

A Royal House is not owned by a state, it is not a state who puts an end to a Royal House. Prince Paul is heir, he attends acts in representation of his father and the Royal House.

I think like you, being a member of a Royal House and heir must have obligations, like knowing the history and culture of his family, and country. For example, I remember the documentaries of channels and magazines destined for history, and I have seen King Constantine in many of these documentaries speaking about, for example, Greece during World War I, his grandfather, ... And giving lectures on history, about Cyprus. King Constantine and Queen Anna Maria have maintained the Greek culture and traditions....

I believe that it is also necessary that they learn the identifying language of their Royal House, which is Greek, and the religion which is the Orthodox Christian, and I want to remember that the King is very important into the orthodox religion.

they are not on a throne, but they are a member of a Royal House, and that therefore forces them to have certain duties.

I am going to point another example, Princess Tatiana, she said to a magazine that be a member of a royal family allows you to go to royal weddings, baptisms, meet and talk with Kings and Princes and Princesses.This fame, she thought should be used to promote solidarity projects.

I believe there are two positions in the Royal family, the family of the heir, and the family of Prince Nikolaos.I think Pavlos and Marie Chantal and their family identify with the jet-set concept. And I think Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana identify with the concept of Royals (and also Princess Alexia)

Last edited:
British tax penalties for people of extreme wealth are even more stringent in the UK than in the US.

Thats actually incorrect. Britain has a very tax friendly regime for non-domiciled people of overseas origin, which is why Britain has emerged as a convenient home for many international rich people.

If that was what they were usually doing I had no problems with this CP couple at all - on the contrary. It is their very unroyal, jet set lifestyle I condemn. And I think, although I think Thatcher was a disaster, there´s a "bit" of a difference to a racist like Trump!

If some of you again keep saying "Oh, they have no obligations, he´s not a CP of a reigning house etc etc" I can only repeat, fine. But in that case Paul should be so honest to say he´s through with that royal stuff. But he isn´t - on the contrary.
By the way, just look at all the other abolished monarchies, Bulgaria, Serbia, Romania ( I exclude the ex-King here! He could have returned entirely to Romania since many years!), Germany, Albania, Portugal - in all of these houses members still deal with their dynasty´s heritage or even work permanently on a possible restoration. That I wouldn´t "demand" from Paul/ Pavlosl and MC, but I expect them to care just a bit more of his father´s and grandfather´s former kingdom and its people!

From what I have observed of P he had made efforts over the years to establish himself as a 'person of substance' but nothing has ever really stuck, and often things get thrown back in his face. There is only so much backfire one person can take before asking "is it really worth it?" On the whole I get the impression that he is done with the whole 'eternal crown prince' gig and would probably like to just get on with life but can't while C is still alive. Things might change after C passes away (not for a long time - touch wood) as Nikolaos is more popular with those who care about these things.

Honestly, to me (I'm in a charitable mood at the moment) P seems like he is bored, restless, and can't find his place in the grand scheme of things (mid life crisis?). Think about it this way - his cousin Felipe is now king, as is Philipe of Belgium and WAX of NL; and Frederik, Victoria, Haakon, and even Prince Charles will be too in time as well. P probably could live with this when they were all princes, but now more of them are ascending the thrones of their respective countries, or coming close to, that's a hard pill to swallow on a gut emotional level, even if you can reconcile your self to it intellectually. Compare to MC, who for all her egregious character flaws seems happy with her buisness, tacky lifestyle and motherhood - probably because she never had anyone have expectations of her as a child and young woman, she doesn't have the dilemma P is facing. All things considered, given the fact that P won't ever be king isn't his fault, its not impossible to imagine that this might be a source of friction between him and C, who does bear some responsibility for the position P finds himself in? Having the sins of the father visited upon the son, so to speak, is never easy to live with, and neither for that matter is the lingering question of 'what if' in the back of your mind either.

Undertaking the kind of work mentioned above is hard slog and not for everyone. Especially if it wasn't something you asked to do in the first place. Being heir to a deposed house inst the same as being heir to a reigning monarchy; you pretty much have a lifetime of being stuck in a social/political twilight zone and the fact that if you try and be politically involved you look like a quixotic ninny, and if you try and do somthing independent you're accused of being an upper class twit. In other words dammed if you and dammed if you don't. I do agree that the jet set lifestyle, or more accurately the open flaunting of said lifestyle, is bad taste and speaks to a certain lack of self awareness on their part, however things could be a lot worse - look at the ex royal family of Italy!

Sorry for being long and slightly off topic. This was just an attempt to look at the issues from their point of view and provide another angle to help the debate along.

The Royal Chronicles take on the inauguration and CPP's presence:

http://http://www.royalchronicles.gr/prigkipas-pavlos-usa-2017/

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I have observed of P he had made efforts over the years to establish himself as a 'person of substance' but nothing has ever really stuck, and often things get thrown back in his face. There is only so much backfire one person can take before asking "is it really worth it?" On the whole I get the impression that he is done with the whole 'eternal crown prince' gig and would probably like to just get on with life but can't while C is still alive. Things might change after C passes away (not for a long time - touch wood) as Nikolaos is more popular with those who care about these things.

Honestly, to me (I'm in a charitable mood at the moment) P seems like he is bored, restless, and can't find his place in the grand scheme of things (mid life crisis?). Think about it this way - his cousin Felipe is now king, as is Philipe of Belgium and WAX of NL; and Frederik, Victoria, Haakon, and even Prince Charles will be too in time as well. P probably could live with this when they were all princes, but now more of them are ascending the thrones of their respective countries, or coming close to, that's a hard pill to swallow on a gut emotional level, even if you can reconcile your self to it intellectually. Compare to MC, who for all her egregious character flaws seems happy with her buisness, tacky lifestyle and motherhood - probably because she never had anyone have expectations of her as a child and young woman, she doesn't have the dilemma P is facing. All things considered, given the fact that P won't ever be king isn't his fault, its not impossible to imagine that this might be a source of friction between him and C, who does bear some responsibility for the position P finds himself in? Having the sins of the father visited upon the son, so to speak, is never easy to live with, and neither for that matter is the lingering question of 'what if' in the back of your mind either.

Undertaking the kind of work mentioned above is hard slog and not for everyone. Especially if it wasn't something you asked to do in the first place. Being heir to a deposed house inst the same as being heir to a reigning monarchy; you pretty much have a lifetime of being stuck in a social/political twilight zone and the fact that if you try and be politically involved you look like a quixotic ninny, and if you try and do somthing independent you're accused of being an upper class twit. In other words dammed if you and dammed if you don't. I do agree that the jet set lifestyle, or more accurately the open flaunting of said lifestyle, is bad taste and speaks to a certain lack of self awareness on their part, however things could be a lot worse - look at the ex royal family of Italy!

Sorry for being long and slightly off topic. This was just an attempt to look at the issues from their point of view and provide another angle to help the debate along.

I think you made some excellent and wise points I can only agree on! But the solution of this dilemma P. might be in cannot be in "gow with the (jet set) flow" and let things go, but to make your own profile - in this case a profile as an exiled Crown Prince who, if he really wished to, could well be living in "his country" (the Prince´s very own words!) and make a contribution like members of his family do and like other royals out of office still do! The same goes for his wife. She knew who she married; it is a man with a long family history and kings, emperors and tsars in his ancestery.
To me it seems MC is in harness to decide how things are being done while P is following. My impression is their children have been brought up like kids of a Hollywood-celebrity-couple and not frome one where one parent is the eldest son of a former monarch!

Is it necessary that a King and a Crown Prince live in Greece to restore the monarchy ?, NO, King George lived in London and King Pavlos lived with his family in Alexandria when they were restored.

For a monarchy to be restored it is necessary that values ​​exist in society, it is obvious that now in Greece have increased sympathies for the royal family, but that does not translate into restoration, it is necessary the existence of values.

The values ​​of a society, can to change, and that is obvious today you are talking about Donald Trump as President of the United States, true.

Here the most uncertain is the future. Hope will always be there.

He has not given up hope. It is irrelevant whether he lives in US or lives in London or Greece, his hope is present in him.

About his family. It is true that his wife does not seem to want to know anything of the matter, does not know Greek, does not know the Greek customs and seems not to change.

Prince Pavlos has done everything to persuade his wife to learn Greek culture,.... and his children, he hired a private Greek teacher to learn Greek when their children were more young, however, it is Obviously did not had the collaboration of his wife, and it seems that his attempt has been frustrated.

However, it is obvious that he has taken measures, he is the prince, is not his wife nor his daughter, he is the only one who has accounts of social networks with the nobility title, and it seems that it is norm in the family , I observe certain attempts of Maria Olympia to create account in social networks with the title of Princess, but the Prince says that no. If you want to be a Princess, you should learn Greek, and culture.

, he has been in that gala as representative of the Royal Family, if you think that it has no value, you get confused. Greece needs investment, and is a member of NATO, they need to talk with Trump and his people, and I do not think politicians are qualified for it, but I see a person on table who can do it

Last edited:
I doubt Pavlos has ever truly expected the monarchy in Greece to be restored; he and MC both seem like realistic people. I consider the situation of Pavlos to be similar to that of the non-heir children in other royal families. They can still be connected to their country of birth but they're aware that as time goes on their role will become smaller and they're expected for the most part to follow their own path in life. Plenty of them live outside "their" country and it's not a big deal.

From the limited amount that can be gleaned from photos, interviews, social media, etc, Pavlos seems like a caring husband and father. He's close to his siblings and cousins. He has an interesting group of friends. I doubt he wastes much time wishing he was a reigning monarch - he's seen what a constricting life that can be first hand with his relatives. I feel sympathy for Constantine, who lost something he already had. But Pavlos most likely doesn't feel that acute sense of loss. I think it's best that he's built a life for himself that doesn't revolve around Greece and a possible restoration of the Greek monarchy... even if that life isn't to everyone's taste.

All of the comments above are causing me to believe I judged Pavlos and his wife perhaps a little too harshly. I feel sad for Pavlos if what several people here have posted are true.:sad:

I like Prince Pavlos and he has already shown in several interviews that he is interested in the affairs of Greece and that he cares.
Marie Chantal does not care and is more concerned about her business and other things.
The children of Pavlos and Marie Chantal have a different life but are probably familiar with the family history and the responsibilities they would have if Greece were still a monarchy.
We must not forget that Kings Constantine and Anne-Marie returned to Greece and Prince Nikolaos and his wife also live in Greece. Prince Nikolaos is also involved in the political life of Greece, I think he would be a good king.

I doubt Pavlos has ever truly expected the monarchy in Greece to be restored; he and MC both seem like realistic people. I consider the situation of Pavlos to be similar to that of the non-heir children in other royal families. They can still be connected to their country of birth but they're aware that as time goes on their role will become smaller and they're expected for the most part to follow their own path in life. Plenty of them live outside "their" country and it's not a big deal.

From the limited amount that can be gleaned from photos, interviews, social media, etc, Pavlos seems like a caring husband and father. He's close to his siblings and cousins. He has an interesting group of friends. I doubt he wastes much time wishing he was a reigning monarch - he's seen what a constricting life that can be first hand with his relatives. I feel sympathy for Constantine, who lost something he already had. But Pavlos most likely doesn't feel that acute sense of loss. I think it's best that he's built a life for himself that doesn't revolve around Greece and a possible restoration of the Greek monarchy... even if that life isn't to everyone's taste.

Strange. I pointed out over and over again that it is NOT expected of Pavlos to gain a restoration, BUT to take up responsibility as the eldest son of a former monarch of one of europe´s oldest and proudest dynasties. Pavlos´family, he himself and we all know that a chance for a restoration are very close to zero. But, again, that is not the point!
Calling myself "exiled CP and CPcess of Greece" means something - even more so when you have declared over the years repeatedly that you think about living in Greece (before it was possible to return, P. STATED, he wanted to live in Greece!), that you care, that you wanted to do every thing in your limited power to stand by this nation, etc. In fact little, if not nothing, happened.
I´d even go so far to claim he and MC have and OBLIGATION to live there - more than Nikolaos and Tatiana!
What happened to King Paul´s (private) motto "It is not so bad when the King suffers, the main thing is the people do not suffer", also many times repeated by King Constantine in several interviews?

Plenty of exiled royals live abroad? Well, CP Alexander and wife (Serbia) live in their family´s old palace in Belgrade, CPss Margarita (Rumania) lives in her family´s former palaces in Bucarest, portugese royal family lives in Portugal, King Simeon and Margharita live in Bulgaria, he even served the country as PM, german´s ex-imperial family live in Germany, the young hereditary Prince of Hanover has moved from London (although he has been born there) to Hanover and works very hard on his familys heritage and is very much involved in Hanover´s public and social life. Many other former german royal or princely families never gave up their heritage and are managers of their estates and castles (Thurn and Taxis, Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, Bavaria to name only a few). Minor members might well live abroad. But the heads and their immediate heirs are well and truly in charge!

Last edited:

Marie-Chantal attended the Farms Not Factories #TurnYourNoseUp at Pig Factories benefit dinner 'Upstairs' at 5 Hertford Street in London on January 31:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Pavlos and Marie-Chantal attended the Save The Children's Night of Country themed party at The Roundhouse in London yesterday, March 2:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

A belated addition for February: Pavlos and Marie-Chantal attended the 'Dior By Christian Dior' book launch at Maison Assouline in London on February 22:

** Pic **

"On Wednesday, April 26, the "The Prince's Trust International" was launched in Greece. It is the philanthropic organization founded in 1976 by Prince Charles, the heir of the British throne.
Head of the Foundation in our country, Prince Pavlos, taking over the chair of the Advisory Committee. Prince Pavlos has a strong desire for the security, stability and prosperity of Greece in these crucial times we are in. The inherent sense of his duty as a Greek and his thoughts for the good of our country grew in their own time and is now active.

"A while ago, Prince Charles asked me to take the chair of the Advisory Committee of The Prince's Trust International. I was glad to meet, and for my part I asked him to start from my country, "explains journalist Christos Zambounis, about ESTIA.

The next moves of Prince Pavlos will be to work with Greek charities to expel specific youth employment and education programs in our country. "All" will be discreet, with no bubbling, because they are inconsistent with the mentality of the Institution."

Î*ρίγκιπας Î*αύλος: Επικεφαλής του Οργανισμού «The Prince’s Trust International» ‹ The Royal Chronicles

Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie Chantal are in Spain, Sevilla at "Feria de abril", ,they have been invited by José Antonio Ruiz-Berdejo , he is boyfriend of Pia, sister of Marie Chantal.

https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn....=932782d851ea79450fc59f60cbe37df1&oe=597C71D9
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTsET0hD7NJ/?taken-by=mariechantal22

I think it's great news that Prince Pavlos participates in a project like this. This will be good for Greece and he will travels more to his country.

In Sevilla, They were at a luncheon invited by the Duke of Alba, in the Dueñas Palace. At night , they were, at a party in "Pilate House", it is a palace of the House of the Alba, in this party , were the Prince Filiberto of Savoy And Flavia of Hohenlohe and Medina.

The Princess was mentioned in the Sunday Times Rich List 2017 - for some reason they now group Robert Miller's wealth as being that of "Robert Miller and Princess Marie-Chantal and family" ranking him/them as 81st with a wealth of £1.58billion.
Interesting they mention Marie Chantal but not her sisters

Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie Chantal are in Spain, Sevilla at "Feria de abril", ,they have been invited by José Antonio Ruiz-Berdejo , he is boyfriend of Pia, sister of Marie Chantal.

https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn....=932782d851ea79450fc59f60cbe37df1&oe=597C71D9
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTsET0hD7NJ/?taken-by=mariechantal22

Seems like the Crown Prince and Princess were enjoying the April Fair in Seville!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_HgWYqXgAAm0-c.jpg

wow - do these 2 ever stop? norway, spain, italy all in the space of a few days, not counting netherlands where they visited some weeks ago for WA's birthday.

wow - do these 2 ever stop? norway, spain, italy all in the space of a few days, not counting netherlands where they visited some weeks ago for WA's birthday.

I see they have some of the kids with them. Don't they go to school??

Perhaps it is spring holiday for UK schools? We had them the last 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom