The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-09-2021, 01:44 PM
Majesty

It is a convention in consitutional monarchies that senior royals cant get involved in politics and must be cautious about what causes they champion publicly.....

Old 01-09-2021, 01:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
It is a convention in consitutional monarchies that senior royals cant get involved in politics and must be cautious about what causes they champion publicly.....
That is a too wide margin. Their playing room is to be ensured they are covered by Government. That means: not to step outside ministerial "cover". The Government has no opinion on concrete karbunkles in British inner cities, so no one can say the Prince of Wales is out of line with Government.

The Prince Pavlos of Greece of course is essentially a private person.

Old 01-09-2021, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal and politics never mix well IMO. I don't have a problem at all with Pavlos speaking out.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Royal and politics never mix well IMO. I don't have a problem at all with Pavlos speaking out.
well yes Its Ok because he's essentially a private person who presumably earns his own living or lives on his fortune. There' no hope of his ever being King.. so as a private person living in the US, with no monarchy behind him.. he can speak as he chooses.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:16 PM
Courtier

Pavlos must be pleased, he may never received this much publicity, in the passed, as he does this moment in time.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:33 PM
Majesty

Why would he be specially pleased? I dont think that he wants publicity, he is a private person.. and hes entitlted ot make his comments. But being noticed for them is not going to make any difference to him.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
well yes Its Ok because he's essentially a private person who presumably earns his own living or lives on his fortune. There' no hope of his ever being King.. so as a private person living in the US, with no monarchy behind him.. he can speak as he chooses.
That's my feeling too, but is clarifies that he ain't ever going to be King and holds no real hope of any role even vaguely formal.
Old 01-09-2021, 06:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
That's my feeling too, but is clarifies that he ain't ever going to be King and holds no real hope of any role even vaguely formal.
Im sure he's well aware that he is never going to be King and I think it is silly to be honest to act like one is still king or Crown Prince, when it just is not going to happen. If Greece were a monarchy and he was the CP it woudl be different for him to make remarks about Trump.. but it isn't and he's not.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:07 PM
Courtier

I have been following Prince Pavlos for years on his instagram, twitter, and in the newspapers and press. The Prince has talked about the economic situation in Greece, the new prospects with the new government, the economic problems, even the need to attract investment to country.
I have not seen that these websites that speak about Royal Houses have spoken about the comments that the Prince publishs speaking about greece . He has even published in his stories section of instagram, messages about it, however it is curious that for these medias, "monarchists" or "royals", none of them have been published or given relevance to this comments on Greek politics or the economic situation. He has always opined on the politics of the countries in which he resides, it is not the first time, he shares news, of David Cameron when he lived in London, of Trump and others affairs of US, he resides in New York. The funny thing is that only this tweet about Trump, has been news.
I just want to expose the arbitrary treatment received by the prince's publications and interviews, this is curious, not the prince's conduct but by these media. They are obviously very selective with the publishs of Prince.Princess Marie chantal congratulated to Biden by his victory in her instagram account, I did not read criticams ...she has british passport.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:50 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to Pavlos and Marie-Chantal for speaking out against the US President's sponsored insurrection against the US Capitol. The entire civilized world should be speaking up.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Much of the civilized world is-and has-condemned Trump.

Which is why I don't understand why Pavlos' remarks are such a thing.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-06-2021, 09:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Pavlos recalls his grandmother, Queen Frederika, on the 40th anniversary of her death.

Quote:
18 04 1917 – 6 02 1981 Frederika beloved Mother, Grandmother, Queen. ����������May your memory remain eternal
https://www.instagram.com/p/CK9w5uogaUH/
Old 02-07-2021, 07:48 PM
Gentry

I would like Prince Pavlos, would share more photos of his family like this photo
Old 02-19-2021, 02:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Pancake Day 2021 was on the 16 February and the family celebrated it!

https://i0.wp.com/gr.hellomagazine.c...rip=info&ssl=1
https://i1.wp.com/gr.hellomagazine.c...rip=info&ssl=1
https://i2.wp.com/gr.hellomagazine.c...rip=info&ssl=1
Old 03-25-2021, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Posts by Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie-Chantal for the 200th anniversary of The Independence of Greece.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CM2MVoGM...=1n6zbwdnt890j

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM17YjGh...d=9t6rz7r0tia8