Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and Family current events 8: May 2016 - December 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not an official representative of Greece and never likely to be so he can say what he likes, he has no need to be neutral. He's a private person with a courtesy title and an American wife and children.

It's not like people from all over the world including non US politicians and public figures haven't been rightly condemning what happened.

Last edited:
He is a private person so he is obviously free to post whatever it is he feels like posting. Opposing an attempted coup d'etat by terrorists and lunatics normally is not a very controversial issue.

You used almost the same words as Nicholas Soames....grandson of Trump's hero Churchill and close friend of the PoW....he has publicly blamed the entire shocking debacle on Donald Trump, who he called a "maniac".

If something like this happened in Britain, Americans would be speaking out as well.

Our country has become a worldwide spectacle.:ermm:

Prince Pavlo, I would dare to say that he has a United States passport, we must remember that in 1994, Greece unjustly withdrew his passport because he was born in Athens, and he had no other nationality. I think he is speaking as an American citizen. Amendment 25 to the United States Constitution is being very relevant in all the social gatherings and newspapers, the prince who resides in the United States, and possibly has the nationality of this country, has expressed his opinion, on the subject of amendment 25. He does not have any public office and he is free to comment, he also resides in the USA, and has ,possibly, a passport.In my country, Spain, this is a serious crime, occupying parliament, and prevent its operation.I think in the United States as well.

Last edited:
Would the Crown Prince be well known in the USA?

:previous: Except for Greek expats and Royalty watchers...no.

He is virtually unknown.

He is a private person so he is obviously free to post whatever it is he feels like posting. Opposing an attempted coup d'etat by terrorists and lunatics normally is not a very controversial issue.

If I were an ambitioned Prince, I would take into account, that the next President in a couple of years might be a hardcore republican with an even more hardcore power base - Ted Cruz perhaps. Just my 2 cents...

If I were an ambitioned Prince, I would take into account, that the next President in a couple of years might be a hardcore republican with an even more hardcore power base - Ted Cruz perhaps. Just my 2 cents...

Support for a return to a Greek monarchy isn't going to come from any POTUS and not from Ted Cruz.

If he had any Princely ambitions he would be living in Greece and seeking to get a groundswell of support from politicians there.

If he ever felt the need to get back into a political party's good books for personal or business gain, well he's in a position to be able to offer a very generous check and a lot of connections.

:previous: Pavlos, if memory serves, attended at least one of the Trump Inauguration parties. So this is quite a strong statement of condemnation coming from him.

It's all so surreal....so shocking that we have come to this. And I feel so much shame.:ohmy:
The formerly exiled CP of Greece has, if you could read "between the lines" of his social media comments, been long very critical about this particular "presidency"!

:previous: Why would Pavlos want or need to cozy up to an American politician, hard right wing or left?

He is a Royal prince married into a vastly wealthy family. He doesn't need to curry favor. He can't run for office here....ever.

Genuinely curious..?

:previous: Why would Pavlos want or need to cozy up to an American politician, hard right wing or left?

He is a Royal prince married into a vastly wealthy family. He doesn't need to curry favor. He can't run for office here....ever.

Genuinely curious..?
I think it is very simple. He is just an individual speaking his (reasonable) mind, like every sane person should!

Support for a return to a Greek monarchy isn't going to come from any POTUS and not from Ted Cruz.

Well, Greece is with it's waters situated right south of the narrows of Istanbul.

The Russian supply for Assad's Syria runs there right through the Greek waters - it is a choke point, a bootle neck!

Assad's realm is on the western end of the green crescent, Iran on the eastern end... and all the still important oil is there. Oil is traded in US Dollars, the so called Petro-Dollar, the financial base of the American Empire! Dollars will be in high demand, as long as the USA has the Middle East under control. The end of the Petro-Dollar might be the end of the American Empire - so, the Middle East from Syria to Iran, from Iraq to Oman is very close to their "hearts"....

And as a typical German I haven't got the slightest idea, who runs Greece right now - but let's say, a social-democrat party comes to power... they are often pro-muslim, since they typically pander towards the minorities votes...

And then the CIA might trigger a push to the conservative side in Greece - To make a far too long story short: One literate dude in the American Foreign Policy might then remember, that Pavlos should not be a leading figure for that "push".

Yeah, unlayed eggs and all, but, you know... Royal Neutrality... Balancing and all...

I think it is very simple. He is just an individual speaking his (reasonable) mind, like every sane person should!

I agree. But that was not my question to the poster ahead of me, nor was it the point I was making.

Prince Pavlos is a member and representative of the organization, the Initiative hellenic, this organization is composed of relevant businessmen of greek origin, it finances projects in Greece to improve the economic situation, in addition to financing solidarity projects, the Greek royal family is linked to this organization, Princess Tatiana is its ambassador, and members of the Royal Family are present at all its events. It is very relevant in US, In 2017, Prince Pavlos attended Donald Trump's possession ceremony pre-dinner, with this greek organization. I believe that the declaration of the Prince is important, especially for this reason.

Photo of this dinner: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hhmbBd7D...00_1400567566672946_3960846734372971967_n.jpg

I thought as much though I'd say the Millers are better known in the USA.
Also not very well known. Maybe Alexandra was when married to von Furstenberg. MC and Pavlos haven't lived here consistently.

So he will be seen again, sitting and clapping, just like he did in 2016. Maybe he should be more involved in his country of birth?. This is a very rich family who like to travel party and mingle with Celebrities ,to be seen. Someone on this Forum wrote he may have a US Passport, why should he? The entire family lived in the UK I am sure he own's a British one, I for one don't believe his Passport is that of a Diplomat. I never heard anything about him and Marie Chantal, doing something for the Greek people in this Pandemic, or the UK are they in a better place then anyone else,? I don't think so, this Pandemic hit everyone really hard, maybe not so much them. I would like to hear them helping out in a Foodbank and really see first hand how this Pandemic has destroyed the lives of families and are in dire need of help. Writing a comment on Twitter means nothing. Just maybe he should put the money where his mouth is.

Also not very well known. Maybe Alexandra was when married to von Furstenberg. MC and Pavlos haven't lived here consistently.
That's interesting I always assumed they were and I'd actually forgotten about the Fürstenberg marriage and divorce.

Just read on Royal Central, Prince Pavlos of Greece wants Donald Trump removed from Office. Wow he sure thinks he is Gods gift to humanity and can demand what happens in a nother Country. I can only say to this, people in HELL want ice water to and they don't get it, unless he has a direct line to demand it.? Sorry if some or all Members feel this is a nasty comment, he really is a nobody in the USA, only a rich man maybe without a Country Greece, who was lucky to be born with a silver spoon in his mouth and a Royal Title of Prince, because of his fathers title at that time of King. I don't think that his father would ever interfere in a nother countries Politics.

Just read on Royal Central, Prince Pavlos of Greece wants Donald Trump removed from Office. Wow he sure thinks he is Gods gift to humanity and can demand what happens in a nother Country. I can only say to this, people in HELL want ice water to and they don't get it, unless he has a direct line to demand it.? Sorry if some or all Members feel this is a nasty comment, he really is a nobody in the USA, only a rich man maybe without a Country Greece, who was lucky to be born with a silver spoon in his mouth and a Royal Title of Prince, because of his fathers title at that time of King. I don't think that his father would ever interfere in a nother countries Politics.

Prince Albert II of Monaco has also condemned the actions of Donald. I do not see anything wrong with royals, reigning or otherwise, expressing their opinions.

So he will be seen again, sitting and clapping, just like he did in 2016. Maybe he should be more involved in his country of birth?. This is a very rich family who like to travel party and mingle with Celebrities ,to be seen. Someone on this Forum wrote he may have a US Passport, why should he? The entire family lived in the UK I am sure he own's a British one, I for one don't believe his Passport is that of a Diplomat. I never heard anything about him and Marie Chantal, doing something for the Greek people in this Pandemic, or the UK are they in a better place then anyone else,? I don't think so, this Pandemic hit everyone really hard, maybe not so much them. I would like to hear them helping out in a Foodbank and really see first hand how this Pandemic has destroyed the lives of families and are in dire need of help. Writing a comment on Twitter means nothing. Just maybe he should put the money where his mouth is.

Politicians and PLENTY of private people and celebrities all over the world have been calling for the use of the 25th Amendment and/or charges to be levelled at Trump, using social media to call for it. At least hundreds of thousands of people have done exactly the same thing.

CP Pavlos isn't a really Prince, he has a courtesy title. I doubt he has any sort of direct line to anyone who can do anything about that. Perhaps he has "put his money where his mouth is" and donated to the Democrats?

Whilst I haven't seen Pavlos and MC doing much in the pandemic, they don't have a country to do anything for or duties officially speaking. It would be fantastic if they did but they don't live in Greece and don't represent it. Any fundraising or volunteering would be in a private capacity.

To Heavs, I stand corrected. Did not know the Democrats or any other political party's are seen as charities?.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd imagine that as a rich man with a royal title, Pavlos does dontate to charity. However as he's also a private citizen, he may well donate to a political party which also needs money....

Prince Albert II of Monaco has also condemned the actions of Donald. I do not see anything wrong with royals, reigning or otherwise, expressing their opinions.

Since Albert II is a head of State who is half American through his much loved mother, I am not surprised that he weighs in on American politics from time to time.

All this done is underline that even they themselves don't see their role as real royals anymore. They are simply 'celebrities" or "famous society people" and as such have the right to speak out against things they don't like.

All this done is underline that even they themselves don't see their role as real royals anymore. They are simply 'celebrities" or "famous society people" and as such have the right to speak out against things they don't like.

Royals have always advocated things they like or spoke out against things they do not like. The Prince of Wales is a shiny example with his zest for organic farming or his crusade against soul-less concrete karbunkles destroying historic British inner cities.

Nowehere is inscripted that royals can not have an opinion.

It is a convention in consitutional monarchies that senior royals cant get involved in politics and must be cautious about what causes they champion publicly.....

It is a convention in consitutional monarchies that senior royals cant get involved in politics and must be cautious about what causes they champion publicly.....

That is a too wide margin. Their playing room is to be ensured they are covered by Government. That means: not to step outside ministerial "cover". The Government has no opinion on concrete karbunkles in British inner cities, so no one can say the Prince of Wales is out of line with Government.

The Prince Pavlos of Greece of course is essentially a private person.

Royal and politics never mix well IMO. I don't have a problem at all with Pavlos speaking out.

Royal and politics never mix well IMO. I don't have a problem at all with Pavlos speaking out.

well yes Its Ok because he's essentially a private person who presumably earns his own living or lives on his fortune. There' no hope of his ever being King.. so as a private person living in the US, with no monarchy behind him.. he can speak as he chooses.

Pavlos must be pleased, he may never received this much publicity, in the passed, as he does this moment in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom