Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and Family current events 8: May 2016 - December 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how for this family Covid-19 is nothing but a mere inconvenience in life. They've travelled around the world since its outbreak and haven't changed their life one bit other than wearing designer face masks and having access to the resources to make their own hand sanitizer while "normal" people had no chance of doing so.
Oh to be an ex royal millionaire.

I am glad to see them in Greece, especially I am happy for King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie:). I would say that the King and Queen from one year ago, they have not seen to their granddaughter, Olympia and Marie Chantal.

In Greece, there are few cases of coronavirus, you can go without a face mask, except in closed places ...and if you cannot keep the safety distance. But I agree that they, their children, have been traveling and moving from one place to another, they come from outside to inside, it is very dangerous . I hope they have taken the appropriate measures , because the King and Queen have been confined in their Porto Heli house during all this time, they are high risk people, especially the King.

they should avoid meetings or parties with friends...

Last edited:
I know that many people do this but taking your mask on and off is one of the most sure ways to spread the virus. If Marie-Chantal was infected she'd by now have contaminated her face, neck, hands, everything she's touched etc...
Absolutely right. Many people use the mask in the wrong way, mainly because they cannot afford to throw way their mask once worn and use another one. If course this is not valid for MC. It is not impossible that she has the mask on hand in order to wear it for the first time.

Looking at the instagram of the Pavlos´s family, and especially, the instagram of Marie Chantal and Pavlos, it strikes me that they did not congratulate King Constantine on his 80th birthday, 2th june. The Danish Royal House including the Royal House of Romania, congratulated the King for this event but they did not it . I read comments jutifying it saying that it is because King Constantine is ill and he does not celebrate his birthday, I think that it is not necesary a party to receive a congratulation I do not believe it, but King has granted interviews for his 80th birthday, he has even posed at his house in Greece.
I do not know the reason for this lack of congratulations, but I think it would have been nice and polite to do so, because this is like an ugly gesture to see later how they congratulate other family and friends.

Do we know how long the Crown Princely Family will stay in Greece?

Looking at the instagram of the Pavlos´s family, and especially, the instagram of Marie Chantal and Pavlos, it strikes me that they did not congratulate King Constantine on his 80th birthday, 2th june. The Danish Royal House including the Royal House of Romania, congratulated the King for this event but they did not it . I read comments jutifying it saying that it is because King Constantine is ill and he does not celebrate his birthday, I think that it is not necesary a party to receive a congratulation I do not believe it, but King has granted interviews for his 80th birthday, he has even posed at his house in Greece.
I do not know the reason for this lack of congratulations, but I think it would have been nice and polite to do so, because this is like an ugly gesture to see later how they congratulate other family and friends.
I´m very certain they did so privately if not on social media (which is quite unpersonal)! There might be some things to criticize about Pavlos and MCs actions, as well as of their elder children, but I´m sure they are very fond and affectionate of the King and Queen!

Last edited:
From Maria Olympia's publication, where she shows us a summary of her stay in Spetses, it could be deduced that her stay in Spetses has ended.

But I think this picture was taken the week they've been to Spetses, that's from the restaurant owner.

"Thank you @olympiagreece @casamota for organizing a small dinner for me. Loved everything about it ����������"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFhvUqXn7Mz/

Marie Chantal:

" It’s national sons day and since I forgot to post on national daughters day I thought I’d add this one in. My joy, my loves my everything ! so happy national son’s day and to you Olympia for last week’s national daughters day ⭐⭐⭐️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFuTMgln6IK/

Marie Chantal spotted in NY on 5 October

https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2020/PPE20100526.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Marie-Chantal gave an interview to the website "Paper".
I highlight this part of the interview:
"'ve always encouraged my kids. They are who they are. You can choose to do whatever you want to do and you can be whoever you want to be. Chose any profession and I will totally champion you. Do the best, just as long as there's some contribution back to humanity. I think one has to. I want them to go out there and choose their paths and careers. I don't want them to go into the family business or tell Tino (her oldest son, second in line to the throne) one day he might be King. I think that's not right. I think he needs to figure it out for himself. I think that's what makes the best individuals."

https://www.papermag.com/marie-chantal-of-greece-2648503979.html?rebelltitem=21#rebelltitem21

Thanks for the link. Very interesting to read her view of how to live a life as a royal of a former monarchy; stressing that 'taking advantage' of your position (while it seems she is not afraid to enjoy the luxurious lifestyle that primarily her background brings - she herself describes it as showing the real her).

Last edited:
She says: "We carry this big last name. He has all this heritage. I think it means just being good upstanding citizens and doing the right thing. Making the right choices."

"of Greece" is not raising your children good citizens, honest and doing the right thing, no,the Parents are not to raise their children in evil, and wrong. All parents regardless of the last name you carry must raise their children in the good.

The inheritance "of Greece" ." of" indicates the origin, "Greece", the country. Having a "surname" or "last name" as "of Greece", it is to know Greek, even if you don't speak it well, It is "to love Greece", even if the Greeks do not like you, it is to know the Greek culture. ..."of Greece"is to be Greek.
The title of prince or princess or belonging to a royal house, it is no to live thinking that you will be King,no. That is an excuse.
King George was eating a sandwich when he known by the newspaper that wrapped his sandwich that he was going to be King of Greece. He was Prince of Denmark, and he did not live believing that he was going to be King.
it is a excuse, to justify that his son Constantine, does not know Greek, does not know the history of the Greek royal family, and therefore he cannot feel proud to belong to that family

It is to know the history of those people, feel proud of it, and defend them, avoiding that their memory is lost in time.

She makes statements that are ridiculous excuses, as, "I am Princess of Greece but I am realistic and modern, that is why I do not know the history of the people who are part of that royal house and I do not want my children to know about that. But I am Princess .

Second, "I have a great "surname" of Greece, and it's a great heritage to wear it, but I don't know Greek, I don't know anything about Greek culture and neither about my husband's family, and Paul and I are modern, and realistic." That is why their children do not know Greek or culture, they only take a "surname", period.

She presents herself as the modern woman who wants to work but her husband's family does not want her to be the first Princess to work. In what world does this woman live?

Princess Alexia worked as a teacher at the Hellenic School, 80s, later in a London hospital with children with disabilities, she had a salary, she worked in Barcelona for a foundation that worked with children with Down syndrome. her father Constantino has always been very proud of his daughter, even I think he is disappointed because she left her job to dedicate to her family. Theodora, is an actress, she said in an interview that her parents told her that if she wanted to be an actress they supported her, King Constantine has always said that he educated his children to make the right decisions, and choose the profession , he and the Queen have always supported and helped their children.

Mrie Chantal created a company, and she intended to use the title "Princess" as a trademark, and that is what the King of Greece did not want, that the title be registered as a trademark. They supported her in the opening of her stores, they were present in the opening of the stores in London, and in Greece, and the photos exist, they only prohibited her from registering the title as a trademark.

I'm sorry, I do believe that she has used the title to sell her products, she has sponsored her book of good manners, in all the magazines with the title of Princess. And her clothes too.

Constantino, Tino, has not been instilled in the history of the Royal Family, and has a great surname "of Greece", but does not know Greek, Greece is a foreign country to him.

It is the end of the Greek Royal house

Last edited:
Princess Marie-Chantal gave an interview to the website "Paper".
I highlight this part of the interview:
"'ve always encouraged my kids. They are who they are. You can choose to do whatever you want to do and you can be whoever you want to be. Chose any profession and I will totally champion you. Do the best, just as long as there's some contribution back to humanity. I think one has to. I want them to go out there and choose their paths and careers. I don't want them to go into the family business or tell Tino (her oldest son, second in line to the throne) one day he might be King. I think that's not right. I think he needs to figure it out for himself. I think that's what makes the best individuals."

If the second half of the quote above is said by a mother of real heir it completely makes sense. But sorry it's completely BS for MC to say so.

It could be my bias but she made it sound like her kids just gave up the throne (which, doesn't exist) in order to pursuit their own path and career. :whistling:

And no, you don't even need to tell your son he will be king whatsoever, there's no throne for your kids to inherit. ?

What it bother me the most is the family keeps mentioning and emphasizing their "connection" with Greece, the"big name" and heritage they bear (sounds like a burden to them huh?), but they don't even bother to live there when they can, or even learn the language (correct me if I am wrong, but I think the whole family can't speak Greece, of course except Pavlos). The "Greek princess" MO probably is well known for unable to speak Greek. I quite remember that in some interview she expressed how much she love Greece, but when she was asked can she speak the language she answered "I wish I can", like she doesn't have the resources to do so.:rolleyes:

I think Prince Nicolaos and Pss Tatiana live in Greece, also speak the language, I think he would be a great CP of Greece. CP Pablo and family rather reside in London and New York like to be more Celebs, the Title is very useful in this situation, it opens doors. As my mother always said the name opens the door, but remember you decide if the door stays open or close again, by the way you act and represent yourself and us.

That was a very interesting interview.

It’s really amazing to me how different Pavlos and MC and their family’s lifestyle is from the rest of his siblings. They seem to live quietly and have pursed their own careers, while Pavlos and MC have always seemed to live a jet-setting celebrity lifestyle, and their kids seem to be following in their footsteps, much more wealthy celebrity than royalty.

I think Prince Nicolaos and Pss Tatiana live in Greece, also speak the language, I think he would be a great CP of Greece. CP Pablo and family rather reside in London and New York like to be more Celebs, the Title is very useful in this situation, it opens doors. As my mother always said the name opens the door, but remember you decide if the door stays open or close again, by the way you act and represent yourself and us.

I don't think it's wrong for them to utilize their title, IF they show some dedication to their heritage, engage with it. Sadly they just take advantage from their heritage, while the title is completely irrelevant to them except the consanguinity. If you truly treasure your heritage, you would not let it become tangibly or intangibly irrelevant to you, no matter who you are, a royal with "big last"name":rolleyes: or not.

That was a very interesting interview.

It’s really amazing to me how different Pavlos and MC and their family’s lifestyle is from the rest of his siblings. They seem to live quietly and have pursed their own careers, while Pavlos and MC have always seemed to live a jet-setting celebrity lifestyle, and their kids seem to be following in their footsteps, much more wealthy celebrity than royalty.
I think there is much too much money in this family and Pavlos, I always cherished most of the King and Queen´s children, seemed to have lost ground marrying into a billionaire´s family.... Their children cannot lose ground as they never walked on it.

If the second half of the quote above is said by a mother of real heir it completely makes sense. But sorry it's completely BS for MC to say so.

It could be my bias but she made it sound like her kids just gave up the throne (which, doesn't exist) in order to pursuit their own path and career. :whistling:

And no, you don't even need to tell your son he will be king whatsoever, there's no throne for your kids to inherit. ?

What it bother me the most is the family keeps mentioning and emphasizing their "connection" with Greece, the"big name" and heritage they bear (sounds like a burden to them huh?), but they don't even bother to live there when they can, or even learn the language (correct me if I am wrong, but I think the whole family can't speak Greece, of course except Pavlos). The "Greek princess" MO probably is well known for unable to speak Greek. I quite remember that in some interview she expressed how much she love Greece, but when she was asked can she speak the language she answered "I wish I can", like she doesn't have the resources to do so.:rolleyes:
I think that´s exactly what she meant: There is no throne in Greece anymore and not in the foreseeable future, so it does not make sense to act like her eldest son would be succeding one day.
If there was still a throne, there would be no question about it, he and his siblings woud be raised to live with this perspective of their future destiny.

I agree with you that this part of the GRF could put much more effort in the country, its people and the language. But, no matter how much we moan about it and criticize, this family has chosen otherwise and will very unlikely change this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt too many in Greece would care about Marie Chantal and her interview as the Crown Princely Family spend the bear minimum in Greece unlike Prince Nikolas and his wife who actually reside there.

Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece reacted to news of the earthquake on an island in Greece.

I want to express my sincere condolences to the families of the two young teenagers who lost their lives in Samos due to the deadly earthquake and wish the best for the multi-injured teenager who is currently in hospital in Athens.
We must remember in this difficult time for our country to remain united and calm. I pray for a speedy recovery in Samos and I wish our neighbors in Smyrna who lost so many lives, good and speedy recovery to the injured.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG-9AyyAZ3N/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

After celebrating Christmas in London with the Miller grandparents, they traveled to The Bahamas to ring in the new year, also with the Miller grandparents.

Amazing how Covid doesn't affect some people and their jet set lifestyles hey

:previous: Pavlos, if memory serves, attended at least one of the Trump Inauguration parties. So this is quite a strong statement of condemnation coming from him.

It's all so surreal....so shocking that we have come to this. And I feel so much shame.:ohmy:

Although I don't disagree with him, I do think he needs to stay in his own lane. This comment would be like one of the (T)rumps telling Greece to restore the monarchy. JMHO

Yeah, I'm wondering too about the Prince's comment. Does he think, it makes him look like a statesman... - or is he thinking of himself as such a "commoner" and private person, that he can simply write into the Internet what runs through his mind?

He is a private person so he is obviously free to post whatever it is he feels like posting. Opposing an attempted coup d'etat by terrorists and lunatics normally is not a very controversial issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom