Marie-Chantal: Opinions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Warren, yes, those are the pics. I was speaking of and there is speculation on that board as well. I just thought it would be a more appropriate question to ask on this thread. I guess time will tell if her little bump is a bad angle photo, a baby, or holiday goodies that won't leave her figure!!

What bothers you about Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece & Marie Chantal

Personally I dont have a problem with them particularly Marie Chantal. I happen to think that she is an intelligent and classy woman. But it seems to me sometimes when she is disscussed, comments are made about her attitude. Can anyone help me out and tell me more?:confused:

to be honest i don't know them that much to judge. she seems a good wife, a good mother, a good in law. she is also elegant and dresses lovely. about her personality, she seems to get along with many other royals...

I don't think she expresses warmth very well. She seems really shy and it may just be that her shyness is misinterpreted, but a lot of people seem to think she's a snob.

I personally like her very much. My reasons are similar to those given before me by loads of other people: good mother, loving wife, nice person... The only thing people use against her (as long as I have heard) is her fortune. What's wrong with being rich? Marie-Chantal has a great family with Pavlos and hope it continues that way.

Last edited:
Well I don't know much about her, but I have heard not so nice things about her. One for example that was allowed to marry Pavlos because of her money. What do I think of her? She is rich because of her family and that is just the way it is. I think she is happy right now with her husband and family.

you stayed with her

Originally Posted by Duc de Chatres
I just don't get why you don't realise SHE'S NOT THE WIFE OF A REIGNING HEIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has a title by virtue of the title her husband inherited at birth...I just think it's jealousy. Maire-Chantal is surprisingly sweet and very easy to chat with-I know, I had a great half hour with her in her London shop earlier this year. Her kids were there and they seem pretty attached to their mother.

hello

I ´ll go to London in May and I would like to meet with her. I´ll buy some clothes for my cousins in her shop. Did you go to her shop in the morning or in the afternoon?.

thank you.

I like her because?

I like Marie Chantal since i saw Her in a maggasine interviu, the way her Parent's race Her whit values and She is very close to Her sisters,latter I like Her more because Shes a good Mother and a good Wife.:)

I like Her

She comes from an excellent family,She adores Pavlos and Her four children and She everyday tries the best forThem all.One more reason is that my King was Happy the Day of H.H Pavlos Marriage..

I have stated more than once in these forums that I am not a great fan of Mari Chantal, and although the CP is happy and they have a nice family, I would prefer someone else to be the Crown Princess.
However, I have to admit that she looks pretier with time. I don't know whether it's maternity, but she looks more attractive and classy to me as years pass by.
Maybe her interacting with European royalties gave her american temper a fine touch of class

HRH the Crown Princess Pavlos is quite aloof, I feel. Coming from a society background, a father worth a small country & marrying an exiled Crown Prince..."MC" just doesn't project much warmth from where I'm standing.

I'm not staying its her fault, she know's no different I guess.

"MII"

Last edited:
Iannis- are you inferring that Americans do not have as much class as Europeans?? I am sort of teasing you-although I am proudly an American I see that the 'classiness' of society as a whole (and I do not equate money with class as they often do not follow the other) deteriorating at lightning speed, especially here in America.

On the topic of MC I have never met her, although I hope to some day, but until you know someone you truly cannot judge them on their 'aloofness' or warmth. I myself have had many people tell me that they thought I was 'cold' or 'icy' when really I am just simply introverted, I do not gush over people, I would rather spend time by myself or with close people rather than 'smoozing'. I would rather listen in a conversation than try to be the center of it. Maybe MC is the same way.

Just because she married a Crown Prince why do we expect her to be anything other than a simple wife and mother who enjoys her family and enjoys the fortune that her father built?? What do her sister's do but go about their daily lives quietly?

Just my thoughts

Aphrodite26 said:
Iannis- are you inferring that Americans do not have as much class as Europeans?? I am sort of teasing you-although I am proudly an American I see that the 'classiness' of society as a whole (and I do not equate money with class as they often do not follow the other) deteriorating at lightning speed, especially here in America.

On the topic of MC I have never met her, although I hope to some day, but until you know someone you truly cannot judge them on their 'aloofness' or warmth. I myself have had many people tell me that they thought I was 'cold' or 'icy' when really I am just simply introverted, I do not gush over people, I would rather spend time by myself or with close people rather than 'smoozing'. I would rather listen in a conversation than try to be the center of it. Maybe MC is the same way.

Just because she married a Crown Prince why do we expect her to be anything other than a simple wife and mother who enjoys her family and enjoys the fortune that her father built?? What do her sister's do but go about their daily lives quietly?

Just my thoughts

Well, to be honest, yes, that was what I was inferring, but it is only my personal opinion, I do not imply that the whole world thiks like me. Maybe the type of class is different in the States and Europe, and what's more, I was not referring to everyday Europeans, but royals.
I see what you mean and I have to admit that any girl Pavlos married would have been looked upon with some suspicion, no matter whether she was Muller's daughter or not.
For the time being, I'm happy to see her looking better than in the past -I hope it's not only me- and know that she raises her falimy, runs her own business successfully and does not give a bad name to the family, something someone would be afraid of an American millionaire's daughter
I have nothing against Americans, I apologize if I sound racistic, I'm not, I just think it's common sense.

iannis said:
Well, to be honest, yes, that was what I was inferring, but it is only my personal opinion, I do not imply that the whole world thiks like me. Maybe the type of class is different in the States and Europe, and what's more, I was not referring to everyday Europeans, but royals.
I see what you mean and I have to admit that any girl Pavlos married would have been looked upon with some suspicion, no matter whether she was Muller's daughter or not.
For the time being, I'm happy to see her looking better than in the past -I hope it's not only me- and know that she raises her falimy, runs her own business successfully and does not give a bad name to the family, something someone would be afraid of an American millionaire's daughter
I have nothing against Americans, I apologize if I sound racistic, I'm not, I just think it's common sense.

She also has a wonderful site!!!:D http://www.mariechantal.com

Aphrodite26 said:

Just my thoughts

Possible, but I doubt it.

Marie Chantal is a Lady of society..I doubt very strongly that she is introverted & no doubt is somewhat used to being centre of attention...its what socialites are and its what they do...they wine & dine, they gossip, they rub shoulders with industry's most famous faces etc...Its about being seen, what they wear & how much they didn't have to pay for it (if at all) because they are on "sociable" terms with Valentino or whoever it may be..

I have a good knowledge of how socialites work, my grandmother is one!

The image I recieve from the Crown Princess is one of aloofness & detatchment...it is, however, at face value.

"MII"

Last edited:
I agree with you, MII, there's something (not so good) about her, I don't trust her, my gut tells me that:cool:

What is more, I will never forgive her for the fact that she refused to learn Greek :mad:

She has, according to Greeks who have met her, learned Greek enough to follow conversations. She's, according to those Greeks, too insecure about her abilities to speak it in front of native Greek-speakers, but she can understand what is said to her.

I know that Greek is not the easiest language in the world, and even Queen Anne Marie is not fluent at it herself, but i hope MC gives it an honest try; I am afraid the future CP, princes and princess won't speak it at all:(

The kids are being sent to the Hellenic College of London, which teaches Greek from Nursery level (age 4) through them leaving the school, and follows both the English and Greek national curriculums. I think they'll learn the language enough through school and their father, but I don't know they'll ever qualify as fluent.

iannis said:
What is more, I will never forgive her for the fact that she refused to learn Greek :mad:

It is sad not to be forgiven for learning a language that you would rarely speak, because the people of the country do not want you as their rulers. These people live in English speaking countries and speak English. Anne-Marie speaks Danish, as well, as she is a Danish Princess. Marie Chantal is not like Mary of Denmark or Maxima or Holland who must speak their adopted countries languages, as they will rule one day. Her chances of being anything in Greece are slim to none, therefore, why should anyone care whether she speaks Greek or not. Unlike the German princes who live in Germany, they do not live in Greece. They are rarely in Greece. It is all a charade.

I totaly agree

Aphrodite26 said:
O.K. I don't know how to post or link to the pictures but there are photos on Alex B's Miller sisters message board of MC (at the Danish Christening) and she definitely looks pregnant!! Does anyone know if she is/or has made an announcement??
I agree 100% maybe thats way we don't see Her that much.:)

She's been seen since the christening and looked slimmer in those pics than she did at the christening.

A lot of people here think that Marie Chantal should be let alone and be lauded as a good mother. But she wants more plaudits than just 'a good mother.' She wants to be seen as a good Crown Princess, a good businesswoman, a good clothing designer. She should do more with herself to earn those plaudits.

This may have been asked before, so i appologise if it has, but is there a link where I can hear Marie-Chantal speaking? If not does anybody know what she sounds like? I have always wondered. Thanks in advance!

Tzu An said:
A lot of people here think that Marie Chantal should be let alone and be lauded as a good mother. But she wants more plaudits than just 'a good mother.' She wants to be seen as a good Crown Princess, a good businesswoman, a good clothing designer. She should do more with herself to earn those plaudits.
She has proven herself as a good businesswoman and a good designer. Her business is profitable, and that's more than many first-time entrepreneurs can state.

From what i have read so far it seems to me that not matter what MC does or doesn't do it will never be good enough especially to those who do not like her......

Crown Prince Pavlos and MC were voted one of the International Best Dressed couples. Queen Rania was second only to Kate Moss as best dressed woman. Prince Ernst August of Hanover and Prince Williams of England were voted to the mens list.

I really dont like Marie Chantal:( Last year it was a interwiew of here and husband Pavlos on tv, and she was sooo arrogant and she looks so angry on everybody. But I admirer one thing about MC, and that is her style in clothes:)

Back
Top Bottom