Marie-Chantal: Opinions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Learning Greek and having stores in Greece does not mean you are Greek.

The Greeks are very proud of their heritage and struggles throughout the years. There is NO Greek Royal family, NO King of the Hellenes, NO crown prince....crown prince of what, there is NO crown. Their is a former king who has sued the Greek gov't for property/money that belongs to the Greek people. A true leader would recognize that. Constantine needs to bow out with dignity instead of keeping a dream alive that will never return. How sad and pathetic!

I don't care what their nationality or ethnicity is. I don't even care what they call themselves (as long as Pavlos doesn't start calling himself King when his father dies). They consider themselves to be Greek, and that's really all that matters. The opinions of the Greeks no longer matter because the family doesn't rule anymore (and unless the Greeks lose their minds and do a complete 180, never will again).

Lourdes said:
Learning Greek and having stores in Greece does not mean you are Greek.

The Greeks are very proud of their heritage and struggles throughout the years. There is NO Greek Royal family, NO King of the Hellenes, NO crown prince....crown prince of what, there is NO crown. Their is a former king who has sued the Greek gov't for property/money that belongs to the Greek people. A true leader would recognize that. Constantine needs to bow out with dignity instead of keeping a dream alive that will never return. How sad and pathetic!

There is no Lourdes then!;)

kelly9480 said:
I don't care what their nationality or ethnicity is. I don't even care what they call themselves (as long as Pavlos doesn't start calling himself King when his father dies). They consider themselves to be Greek, and that's really all that matters. The opinions of the Greeks no longer matter because the family doesn't rule anymore (and unless the Greeks lose their minds and do a complete 180, never will again).

Their nationality and Ethnicity is Hellenic!!But you don't care do you??

laskaris said:
Their nationality and Ethnicity is Hellenic!!But you don't care do you??

It's not a matter of not caring; it's a matter of accuracy. As much as I like some members of the GRF, that doesn't change the fact that they're Danish, Swedish, German and English. It's just what they are and there's nothing wrong with it.

Isn't this forum about Marie-Chantal and not about the pros and cons of the former royal family returing to Greece?

SpiffyBallerina said:
I think MC is a big part of why the Greeks will never reign again. Even if it's not true, she seems like a spoiled social climber who just enjoys the title without any sense of responsibility. MC, and her own children, the "Greek heirs," don't even speak Greek.

Constantine will never be allowed to reign because he was the one who was involved in all the controversy. Pavlos will never be allowed in because he and his wife don't seem all that committed to the Greek people. And by the time it finally gets to the next generation, they'll be so far removed from anything of their Greek past that the Greeks surely won't even give them a second glance. It's sad, but I honestly think that the Greek royal family will become like some other royal houses - still titled but with no real claim.

If only Alexia or Nikos had a chance at the throne, then the Greek people might be more interested. Both Alexia and Nik speak Greek (and Alexia teaches her children the language), both seem down-to-earth, and both are more interested in Greece than Pavlos and MC ever were. I know all the MC/Pavlos lovers will be mad at me, but that's just my honest opinion. :)

I agree. MC seems extremely spoiled. Her mother does too. Just look at the pictures of her mother. I may be wrong to judge but I do like Princess Alexia and her husband. They seem very down to earth and just loving parents. MC just want to be on the spotlight all day--and all night...

I dont know much about Marie Chantal but I think she should act modestly since the Greek royals arent in power anymore and MC is not a reigning crown princess..

I think Marie Chantal is just misunderstood. Is it because she's inordinately rich? Remember one thing, Greece is no longer a monarchy so she is not bound to live her life like the consort of teh heir apparent in a reigning royal family. Judging by her background, she seems to have done pretty well for herself. Her marriage looks stable, she had those adorable kids (even if she can afford the help she looks involved in tehir lives), she's supremely elegant (no matter how much everyone slings mud at her image on this forum-she's extremely well dressed), and another thing, SHE WORKS, when in reality she doesn't have to. I think starting up her own business was a great initiative. She's accomplished, married to a handsome prince, has all those beautiful children so I guess she's the perfect projection for everyones envy.

Mahoogie said:
I dont know much about Marie Chantal but I think she should act modestly since the Greek royals arent in power anymore and MC is not a reigning crown princess..

Marie-Chantel is a woman of dignity and character and she is under no obligation to act "modestly" given her great wealth. Obviously, she and Pavlos have a very good marriage and loving family and that's the important thing to her.

Like all formerly reigning houses, Marie holds a style as the wife of Crown Prince Pavlos. She is not ascending any throne and has the right to create a life for herself, as long as she upholds the dignity of the royal house.

branchg said:
Marie-Chantel is a woman of dignity and character and she is under no obligation to act "modestly" given her great wealth. Obviously, she and Pavlos have a very good marriage and loving family and that's the important thing to her.

Like all formerly reigning houses, Marie holds a style as the wife of Crown Prince Pavlos. She is not ascending any throne and has the right to create a life for herself, as long as she upholds the dignity of the royal house.

Which she does

I personally like Marie Chantal. Not my fav princess but she is in the top 3. I have to say after reading the board comments about her. It seems we want to have it both ways. Act like royal, but don't act too royal. Your not a royal don't use the title, but you should be doing tons of work for charities and to benefit the greek people.

I think Marie Chantal is in a unique position. She will be critcized for one thing or another no matter what she does. She will also be praised at the same time. It is a difficult line to walk.

I really think the only thing she can do is shop! She cannot do anything more in life!!!!! Poor women

biboquinhas said:
I really think the only thing she can do is shop! She cannot do anything more in life!!!!! Poor women

She can bear children too.... Wonder if there will be a 5th one?

I just don't get why you don't realise SHE'S NOT THE WIFE OF A REIGNING HEIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has a title by virtue of the title her husband inherited at birth...I just think it's jealousy. Maire-Chantal is surprisingly sweet and very easy to chat with-I know, I had a great half hour with her in her London shop earlier this year. Her kids were there and they seem pretty attached to their mother.

Duc de Chatres said:
I just don't get why you don't realise SHE'S NOT THE WIFE OF A REIGNING HEIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has a title by virtue of the title her husband inherited at birth...I just think it's jealousy. Maire-Chantal is surprisingly sweet and very easy to chat with-I know, I had a great half hour with her in her London shop earlier this year. Her kids were there and they seem pretty attached to their mother.

Nice to hear, I think they are a wonderful family!

I would love to chat with her!

I have followed MC and her sisters in the media for years. . .since they first became 'popular' in the early 90's. . .I read every fashion mag. and they were always in all of them. She has always seemed sweet yet elegant which can come off as 'snotty' I suppose. I would love to meet her in her store and chat with her.

Duc de Chatres-What did she have to say? Does she speak with a British or American accent? There has been debate over her height- is she really 5'7" or more like 5'2". Is she often in her London store?

Regards

Gee, I miss the days when a king was a king and a prince was a prince regardless of what the people thought of them. Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette weren't any less of a king and queen because people hated them. Before those things like revolutions and modern republics and democracies, men were kings because GOD wanted them to be. It was refreshing in its simplicity.

Aphrodite26 said:
I have followed MC and her sisters in the media for years. . .since they first became 'popular' in the early 90's. . .I read every fashion mag. and they were always in all of them. She has always seemed sweet yet elegant which can come off as 'snotty' I suppose. I would love to meet her in her store and chat with her.

Duc de Chatres-What did she have to say? Does she speak with a British or American accent? There has been debate over her height- is she really 5'7" or more like 5'2". Is she often in her London store?

Regards
She and her sisters were always in W magazine-BEFORE they were engaged.

violante said:
She can bear children too.... Wonder if there will be a 5th one?

MC is a pretty and classy rich girl, but that's all. She is handsome, a 'nice flower' a good mother but nothing else. .
She married Pavlos, she entered into the royal circles and she is happy to combine the nice Dior ballgowns with royal tiaras, but her mind does not go more that. After 10 years of marriage she is still unable to speek greek. She does not feel nor any particular mission neither any challenge to achieve related to her royal position. She does love the glittering side of the royalty, receptions, tiaras and enormeous hats, but she does not care to approach the origin of all these, nor to understand the historical meaning.

When Costantinos 4 or 5 years ago came back in Greece for the first visit, together with all his family, it was a very important strong moment for them, after quite 30-35 years of interdiction. They all took a bus and drove all around Athens, visiting the royal Palace & Park and also climbing the Acropolis hill. But MC, looked bored, completely stange to all, and wearing tiny nice leather skirt, high hills and a big Hermes-Birking bag to climb the Acropolis...., pathetic...

Sometimes after she gave a general interview, and she told that one of the strongest nice moments of her life was when Valentino designer, who made her bridegown, made also for her many other ballgowns..... especially for her... You see what is important for her.

IMO the chances for her to become a Queen are very slight, and this is better because she would not be a nice popular Queen.

fandesacs2003 said:
MC is a pretty and classy rich girl, but that's all.
Your post is excellent. Kudos to you

Last edited by a moderator:
iowabelle said:
I was playing around on some websites and started to look into Marie-Chantal's genealogy. It turns out that we're distantly related through her father's New England ancestry.

I am too. Through Mayflower Pilgrim, John Howland. :)

What I think of Marie-Chantal

1. Her marriage with Pavlos seems to work just well. (Still holding hands, has got four children and I´m quite sure she´ll have five)
2. In my opinion no beauty but slim and dressed very stylish and fitting to every occasion.
3. O.k. she´s got the money, he´s got the noble title - so both of them got what they wanted - plus: They to me really seem to be in love.
4. She is aware never to become Queen of Greece - so why learn Greek? (Constantine might not be too enthusiastic about that but her other advantages compensate that....)
5. In the beginning I thought: Well, she´ll just take advantage of Pavlos and he seems to be henpecked by her but even it is so - it works.....
6. Not to forget - she´s born already four heirs (three of them male heirs!)
Might be a prejudice (and who hasn´t got such...) but to me Spanish and Greek men seem to be similar in wanting sons and being quite conservative in what they think about family-life.
7. Result: Compared with other crown-princesses the greek royal family is lucky with her and they´ll never find a second one like this (So, no chance for Nicholaos - you never win lottery twice...)

I think she´s the most elegant crown princess of the world

Duc de Chatres said:

Please don't shout. You'd be much more effective if you didn't yell at us.

Welcome to the board:)

O.K. I don't know how to post or link to the pictures but there are photos on Alex B's Miller sisters message board of MC (at the Danish Christening) and she definitely looks pregnant!! Does anyone know if she is/or has made an announcement??

Aphrodite26 said:
...there are photos on Alex B's Miller sisters message board of MC (at the Danish Christening) and she definitely looks pregnant!!
Why not just check out the photos of Marie Chantal in our Danish Christening thread, here.

Back
Top Bottom