Marie-Chantal: Opinions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Produced such a daughter??? :ermm:

I really don't get what is so wrong with Marie Olympia. She is a college student, well now grad. Her life is no different then any other college kid. Going to parties, hanging out with friends, having fun. If you look at the social media of college students you wont find anything that different. Especially when there is money to be had. We're not talking some 30 year old woman who is playing and not doing anything with her life.

If we look at the younger royals, when they were in college, she isn't really that different then any of them.

The Greeks are royals in nothing but name. They are private citizens. They don't represent anyone. They don't get money from anyone. They are basically socialites with a title attached. They cant be held to the same standards as the reigning royal families like the UK or Denmark for instance. As long as they aren't harming anyone, how they live is their choice.

She should use her position for the better good? What position is that? She has no position. And again she is a college graduate of a few weeks. She has a few decades ahead of her in life. A little too soon to write her off as a waste of space who helps no one. And not everyone is going to be a philanthropist.

As for marriage to a Dutch or any other royal highly unlikely. Royal to royal marriages are highly unlikely now a days. Not talking the days when they had to marry titles or lose their place in succession. The only ones we see marrying royals/aristocrats now a days are the former royals like the Germans and Austrians. Technically the Greeks are in that bunch, but they don't seem to move as much in those circles.

The same goes for her mother. Marie Chantal is a private citizen, whose father in law just happens to be a former king. She is raising a family and has her own business. Most of her social media posts are her family or for her business. If I had her kind of money, I would travel the world as well.

"Most of her social media posts are her family" but the most polemic was about the Queen spain., She created a polemic in Spain for expressing herself against the Queen of Spain. later she justified her comment by saying that it was her husband's family... That is not fair.

:previous: It would be unfair if she didn't personally know and like Queen Sophia. If she does, fair call.

:previous: She certainly would know the family well. Not just a simple matter of cousins. Her husband and Felipe weren't only cousins, they were college roommates as well. They were roommates when Pavlos and Marie were dating and got engaged. Both the Danish and Spanish royal families were heavily involved in the couple's wedding, Felipe a groomsman.

"Most of her social media posts are her family" but the most polemic was about the Queen spain., She created a polemic in Spain for expressing herself against the Queen of Spain. later she justified her comment by saying that it was her husband's family... That is not fair.

I said 'most' for a reason. 99.9% of her posts are innocent business or family posts.

Yeah the one about Letizia was poor taste at best. But doesn't defeat my point that the majority of her posts are about family and business.

And she was right, she wasn't criticizing 'the queen of Spain', she was criticizing her husband's cousin (by marriage). She just happens to be a queen. What is in poor taste is airing it on social media for the world.

I don't really see anything particularly wrong with MO. She's not doing anything that many of her similarly wealthy friends don't do, including some royals from reigning families who should have much more reason/scope to be more philanthropic. Though don't get me wrong it would be great if she could use any interest in herself to publicly work with charities close to her heart she is certainly not obliged to.

Her father is highly unlikely to ever be king no matter what she does or doesn't do and no tax payers are footing the bill for anything. Her aunt who's parents are both royal is an actress and doesn't seem particularly interested in Greece as a home either so you can't just blame her mother for that.

Produced such a daughter??? :ermm:

I really don't get what is so wrong with Marie Olympia. She is a college student, well now grad. Her life is no different then any other college kid. Going to parties, hanging out with friends, having fun. If you look at the social media of college students you wont find anything that different. Especially when there is money to be had. We're not talking some 30 year old woman who is playing and not doing anything with her life.

If we look at the younger royals, when they were in college, she isn't really that different then any of them.

The Greeks are royals in nothing but name. They are private citizens. They don't represent anyone. They don't get money from anyone. They are basically socialites with a title attached. They cant be held to the same standards as the reigning royal families like the UK or Denmark for instance. As long as they aren't harming anyone, how they live is their choice.

She should use her position for the better good? What position is that? She has no position. And again she is a college graduate of a few weeks. She has a few decades ahead of her in life. A little too soon to write her off as a waste of space who helps no one. And not everyone is going to be a philanthropist.

As for marriage to a Dutch or any other royal highly unlikely. Royal to royal marriages are highly unlikely now a days. Not talking the days when they had to marry titles or lose their place in succession. The only ones we see marrying royals/aristocrats now a days are the former royals like the Germans and Austrians. Technically the Greeks are in that bunch, but they don't seem to move as much in those circles.

The same goes for her mother. Marie Chantal is a private citizen, whose father in law just happens to be a former king. She is raising a family and has her own business. Most of her social media posts are her family or for her business. If I had her kind of money, I would travel the world as well.

Although dynastic marriages are rare these days, they are not impossible. Take for example Astrid of Belgium and Archduke Lorenz of Austria-Este, or Alois of Liechtenstein and Sophie of Bavaria, or Ernest August of Hanover and Caroline of Monaco. I won't mention older examples since they belong to a previous generation.

I wouldn't completely rule out a dynastic marriage for Maria Olympia considering that her family mingles a lot with both reigning and formerly reigning families.

There is no rumor for anything. All related parties are still too young to even think about.
We just said that because of their lineage Pavlos kids can marry into royalty, if they wish of course.
Personnaly I think that Marie Chantal will be glad if their kids especially MO marry into royalty, it will be like second re-entrance from her side.
Personnaly I'm not fond of Marie Chantal but I recognize her being classy and elegant, as a behavior.
I really don't understand how she '' produced" such a daughter because she is not like this. But Pavlos also seems happy of her daughter so no harm.

But I hope the Princes would. Constantinos and Achilleas are handsome young men. I hope they find their way marrying into ruling royal families or even defunct ones. I bet the Duchess of Brabant would and hopefully Infanta Sofia will, also, Princess Josephine and Princess Ariane.

Manners begin at breakfast-really MC?
I was really surprised by the author of this book, as I had not expected MC being very well a this, but of course she must not be judged by her children's bad manners?

But I hope the Princes would. Constantinos and Achilleas are handsome young men. I hope they find their way marrying into ruling royal families or even defunct ones. I bet the Duchess of Brabant would and hopefully Infanta Sofia will, also, Princess Josephine and Princess Ariane.

I seriously doubt that any reigning royal family will encourage a match with the former Greek Royal Family. Esp. for someone who is going to reign.

I seriously doubt that any reigning royal family will encourage a match with the former Greek Royal Family. Esp. for someone who is going to reign.

The Greek RF is not close to the Belgian RF as far as I know. They are close to the Danish and the Spanish RFs and, to a certain extent, to the British RF too. A dynastic marriage is unlikely anyway, but, if one did happen, it wouldn't be with a Belgian princess probably.

BTW the last Belgian heir to marry another royal was the future Leopold III, who married Astrid of Sweden. Both Baudouin, Albert and Philippe married women from the nobility, but not royalty. I don't find it impossible that the Duchess of Brabant might marry a commoner, but I wouldn't rule out someone from the Belgian nobility either or even someone from a former ruling family from Germany or Austria. Her family is quite conservative when it comes to acceptable grooms.

I would like to see a wedding again between Greece and Spain or between Greece and Denmark.
But I don't think it will happen again.

Marie-Chantal's children must marry people in her social circle. But perhaps one of them will marry royalty.

Personally I don't think it is good manners to call out a relative, even if they are the Queen of Spain, on your very public social media for all to see. Keep it private if you want to do so.

I think MC has the live she wants - all the titles, invites etc of royalty but none of the responsibility of answering to a country and its people, having to behave a certain way etc.

I also think Marie Chantal is happy with the life she has. It has titles and a privileged position and connection with all royal families. But despite this she has no responsibilities which gives her more freedom to do whatever she wants.

The GRF is close to the Spanish and Danish Royal families because they are 1st cousins on the paternal and maternal sides.

For no other reason than that I don't think there will be a marriage of 2nd cousins. Too many jokes, side-eying about inbreeding and turning the clock back 100 years, even if it is legal and common in other cultures. There were jokes about it when MO and Harry were very briefly (falsely) said to be dating and that cousinship is much more distant.

I suspect Pavlos and M-Cs kids will marry wealthy or trust fund Americans or Europeans.

As for her behaviour? Calling out a relative on SM is petty, slightly embarrassing and possibly in this case, attention seeking. In general though I don't usually have a problem with her. Her husband's family aren't reigning and they likely won't ever again so to a large extent she can act and life however she wants.

Back
Top Bottom