The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 08-02-2022, 12:04 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 11,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
She's not exactly "obsessed" with expanding her vocabulary, is she?

I burst out laughing when I got to the end and read that her eyelashes "changed her life." A good editor might have asked, "Really? Changed it how?"
I know it's unfair to judge her. But she is a 26 year old woman who doesn't sound a day older than 16.

Compared to her younger peers like Ingrid of Norway, Elisabeth of Belgium and even the teenaged Princess of Asturias the difference is just glaring.

But unlike M-O, those young ladies are future queens regnant and they have the gravitas and training that comes with their position.

M-O is what she sounds like...a socialite with a (defunct) title. Anyway, I hope that she is at least a decent and kind person.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 08-02-2022, 12:21 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: City, United States
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I know it's unfair to judge her. But she is a 26 year old woman who doesn't sound a day older than 16.

Compared to her younger peers like Ingrid of Norway, Elisabeth of Belgium and even the teenaged Princess of Asturias the difference is just glaring.

But unlike M-O, those young ladies are future queens regnant and they have the gravitas and training that comes with their position.

M-O is what she sounds like...a socialite with a (defunct) title. Anyway, I hope that she is at least a decent and kind person.
I know what you mean. I saw an interview with her a few years ago, and I was pleasantly surprised. She has a nice voice, and she sounded intelligent. (I guess I expected her to sound like Minnie Mouse!)

She strikes me as an airhead in magazines with all pouting and posing, but I guess she's trying to cash in while she can. She has maybe five years left as a celebutante, then she'll need a new gig.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 08-02-2022, 12:28 AM
W.Y.CII's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Somewhere, Hong Kong
Posts: 1,586
I laughed when I read the above comments about her obsession with the word "obsessed" lol.

Actually I feel familiar when I read the article, that looks like something I would write/say, as my vocabulary pool is pretty small, but hey, this isn't my mother tongue so I've the excuse
__________________
Bad money drives out good.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 08-02-2022, 02:46 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 11,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
Princess Theodora and Matthew have no impediment to get married in Greece, in fact, their wedding was planned for May 25, 2020, in Spetses.This was suspended due to the pandemic.
I think she could get married this year, in Greece and in Spetses, I don't know the date, but I'm sure of it.
I do not think that,in future, Maria Olympia getting married in Greece and by the Orthodox Church. Neither her nor her brothers, honestly, I see them very far from Greece and its traditions.
I am almost 100% certain that when the time comes, Olympia and all her brothers will have lavish, Orthodox wedding rites, regardless of whether the ceremonies take place in London or in Greece.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 08-13-2022, 03:59 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 23,580
Achileas celebrates his birthday on 12 August with family and friends in England

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChLRohlIhVE/?hl=el

And some pictures posted by Konstantinos

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChNNtF6MtQC/?hl=el
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 08-29-2022, 12:42 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Somewhere in Germany, Germany
Posts: 1,085
Who is that guy Olympia is sitting on his lap in a green dress? ( In her Instagram page)
According to Wikipedia Peregrine's birthday is in October.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 08-29-2022, 02:55 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 23,580
He is her friend Martin Pacanowski

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChzjQpJL2cE/

He was guest and at the Wedding of Philippos with Nina
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 08-29-2022, 03:17 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
He is her friend Martin Pacanowski

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChzjQpJL2cE/

He was guest and at the Wedding of Philippos with Nina
Yes it’s him.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 08-29-2022, 04:20 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Somewhere in Germany, Germany
Posts: 1,085
Is he her new boyfriend?
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 08-29-2022, 04:43 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 23,580
No just good friends.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 08-29-2022, 05:23 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Is he her new boyfriend?
No, he’s a close friend of her mutual friends Eugenie Niarchos, Bianca Brandolini, Sabine Getty and she’s still with Peregrine.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 08-29-2022, 07:25 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 8,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGyamfi1 View Post
No, heís a close friend of her mutual friends Eugenie Niarchos, Bianca Brandolini, Sabine Getty and sheís still with Peregrine.

So, her friends are all millionaire socialites (Niarchos, Getty, Brandolini, etc.).
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 08-29-2022, 10:12 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
So, her friends are all millionaire socialites (Niarchos, Getty, Brandolini, etc.).
She’s close to people in those circles so yes.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 08-29-2022, 11:04 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: cologne, Germany
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGyamfi1 View Post
Sheís close to people in those circles so yes.

Not surprising. They all have there connections, the rich, the ex or half royals and the famous.
The real royals would not mix with it, because they have certain responsiblities and must consider their image in the world.
but the rich ones can enjoy life without that. And even there are differences concering intellect, interests etc.
I would never compare Caroline or Charlotte or Beatrice of Monaco with some other people in that super rich-famous-set.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 08-29-2022, 11:18 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereditarytitles View Post
The real royals would not mix with it, because they have certain responsiblities and must consider their image in the world.
Are you sure? I mean, now disgraced Prince Andrew intermingled with ultra-rich Kazakh arms dealers - just one example, that came to light much later on...

King Carl Gustav of Sweden had his red light affair of sauna parties with his well off friends.

Maybe the "real Royals" are just more discreet, because they depend often on the good will of the taxpayers...
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 08-29-2022, 11:32 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: cologne, Germany
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
Are you sure? I mean, now disgraced Prince Andrew intermingled with ultra-rich Kazakh arms dealers - just one example, that came to light much later on...

King Carl Gustav of Sweden had his red light affair of sauna parties with his well off friends.

Maybe the "real Royals" are just more discreet, because they depend often on the good will of the taxpayers...
Yes, I agree. There are those exceptions, you mentioned.
But they were and still are scandals in history and have damaged those royals.
Andrew is still in the focus, Carl Gustav not anymore, but he has definetely lost the respect of his people. And the more scandals official royals produce the more they will loose their right of existence. I am sure they all know that. Look at Spain, Felipe and his family is doing everything they can to attain a better image of the royal family, and they are doing quite well IMO
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 08-29-2022, 11:51 AM
Prinsara's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: A place to grow, Canada
Posts: 3,906
But all of the Crown Princely children are from an equally rich family, that's the difference. They're not mingling with billionaires for money or novelty or favors but because that's their social set, seemingly.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 08-29-2022, 12:31 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereditarytitles View Post
Not surprising. They all have there connections, the rich, the ex or half royals and the famous.
The real royals would not mix with it, because they have certain responsiblities and must consider their image in the world.
but the rich ones can enjoy life without that. And even there are differences concering intellect, interests etc.
I would never compare Caroline or Charlotte or Beatrice of Monaco with some other people in that super rich-famous-set.
In case you didnít realize, Beatrice and Charlotte live in Monaco which is a haven for the super rich and they mingle with very wealthy people as well and they belong in the same social circles as Olympia because they have lots of mutual friends and attend parties. Princess Carolineís second husband was not a noble but was part of the super rich set and her current husband is the best friend of Eugenie Niarchosís uncle, Spyros so I donít get your point. Itís not as if the people I mentioned are criminals or shady oligarchs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
But all of the Crown Princely children are from an equally rich family, that's the difference. They're not mingling with billionaires for money or novelty or favors but because that's their social set, seemingly.
Also some of these people and their families have been friends for generations and belong in the same social circle , for example, some of the Greek shipping families like/liked the Greek royal family and Eugenie Niarchosís uncle is a godfather to one of Pavlosís sons. Bianca Brandolini is a second cousin of Olympiaís first cousin, Talita von Furstenberg. Sabine Getty is married into the Getty family who Olympiaís aunt, Pia used to be part of when she married Christopher Ronald Getty. Charlotte Casiraghi is a friend of Eugenie Niarchosís cousin, Athina Onassis Roussel and their grandfathers Aristotle Onassis and Prince Rainier of Monaco used to be friends and business partners and Athina and Charlotte are into horses and horse jumping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
Are you sure? I mean, now disgraced Prince Andrew intermingled with ultra-rich Kazakh arms dealers - just one example, that came to light much later on...

King Carl Gustav of Sweden had his red light affair of sauna parties with his well off friends.

Maybe the "real Royals" are just more discreet, because they depend often on the good will of the taxpayers...
The difference with the former Greek royals is that their sons are married to wealthy women or women who come from well-connected families so they donít need to seek favors from shady nouveau riche oligarchs like Prince Andrew.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 08-29-2022, 01:03 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: cologne, Germany
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGyamfi1 View Post
Also some of these people and their families have been friends for generations and belong in the same social circle , for example, some of the Greek shipping families like/liked the Greek royal family and Eugenie Niarchosís uncle is a godfather to one of Pavlosís sons. Bianca Brandolini is a second cousin of Olympiaís first cousin, Talita von Furstenberg. Sabine Getty is married into the Getty family who Olympiaís aunt, Pia used to be part of when she married Christopher Ronald Getty. Charlotte Casiraghi is a friend of Eugenie Niarchosís cousin, Athina Onassis Roussel and their grandfathers Aristotle Onassis and Prince Rainier of Monaco used to be friends and business partners and Athina and Charlotte are into horses and horse jumping.

Maybe I expressed myself in the wrong way. I think intellectually there is a difference, because of what is important to Caroline or Charlotte, or Beatrice Borromeo, her philosophical ambitions , her recommendations for books, journalistic writings about really important things etc. They have never talked about what beauty creams or lotions or hairdos things they are using or recommending. (At least I have never heard of that)

Sure they are all in the same set( I am not so stupid or ignorant of those facts), but still they have different ambitions / interests than others.
Thats really all I wanted to say
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 08-29-2022, 04:15 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereditarytitles View Post
Maybe I expressed myself in the wrong way. I think intellectually there is a difference, because of what is important to Caroline or Charlotte, or Beatrice Borromeo, her philosophical ambitions , her recommendations for books, journalistic writings about really important things etc. They have never talked about what beauty creams or lotions or hairdos things they are using or recommending. (At least I have never heard of that)

Sure they are all in the same set( I am not so stupid or ignorant of those facts), but still they have different ambitions / interests than others.
Thats really all I wanted to say
Does it really matter? Olympia is not from a reigning family and as far as I am concerned, the monarchy is not coming back in spite of the issues that have came after the monarchy has been abolished so she can do what she likes as long it isn’t a criminal offense . She has at least gone to university and is an educated young woman. I don’t agree with everything she does either but it really is neither here nor there. So you are saying she lacks intellect or not an intellectual? I don’t think she is, but is it a crime to not be an intellectual?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Christening Of Odysseas Kimon Queens Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 191 11-26-2022 07:43 PM
Maria-Olympia, Konstantinos, Achileas, Odysseas, Aristidis Events & News 1: 2015-2021 iceflower Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 405 01-01-2022 09:21 AM
Christening Of Princess Maria-Olympia, 22 December 1996 Josefine Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 9 06-02-2020 02:07 PM
Christening Of Achileas-Andreas, born August 2000 Josefine Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 13 06-02-2020 01:38 PM




Popular Tags
#princedubai #rashidmrm abdullah ii abolished monarchies africa all tags arcadie bevilacqua british caribbean caroline charles iii current events death defunct thrones denmark empress masako espana fabio bevilacqua fallen kingdom garsenda genealogy general news grace kelly grimaldi hamdan bin ahmed harry history hobbies hotel room for sale house of gonzaga identifying introduction jewels king king charles king philippe king willem-alexander lady pamela hicks leopold ier mall coronation day monarchy movies order of precedence order of the redeemer pamela hicks pamela mountbatten prince albert monaco prince christian princess of orange queen alexandra queen camilla queen elizabeth queen elizabeth ii queen ena of spain queen maxima restoration royal initials royal wedding spain spanish history spanish royal family state visit state visit to france switzerland tiaras visit william wine glass woven


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:22 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023
Jelsoft Enterprises