The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 04-26-2018, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Johanna Engberg, who owns ByEngberg shop in Stockholm and sells Marie-Chantal's children's clothes to royal children, has interviewed Marie-Chantal
Interview with Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece
Old 05-27-2018, 11:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Pavlos give an interview to the Greek Journalist Christos Zampounis

Some parts of this interview:

About the meeting with the Prince Charles in Athens
""Charles's love for Greece is big. He told us that he wanted to stay longer, but that his son was married and had to return to England. He also welcomed the warm reception of the government, and especially Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras. Particular emphasis was given to his meeting with Archbishop Ieronymos. Although he is a protector of the Anglican Church, he is particularly fond of Orthodoxy. He likes the authenticity of our Faith, our churches, our pictures. Perhaps this was influenced by the grandmother of Princess Alice, who became an Orthodox nun. "

About the chance that William will succeed immediately.
"There is no basis in this possibility. The only reason for a natural succession is that his mother's Charles does not survive. On the other hand, I think that for Williams himself it will be good to prepare him from the post of successor."

Ÿ διάδο‡ο‚ *αύλο‚ ομιλεί ƒ„ον Χρήƒ„ο –αμ€ούνη | Talk of the Town
Old 05-27-2018, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe a dumb question, but why is he even speaking about the BRF succession in an interview...?
Old 05-27-2018, 12:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Maybe a dumb question, but why is he even speaking about the BRF succession in an interview...?
"interview" means that somebody asks questions. Pavlos answers.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
"interview" means that somebody asks questions. Pavlos answers.
He could have said "I can't comment on that as it is none of my business"
Old 05-28-2018, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Well, IMO he didn't say anything wrong or odd on the matter. I mean, it is a very well known fact how the British succession works and that - so far - William's only chance to succeed directly to Elizabeth II can be in case of Charles predeceasing his mother. Personally I can't see any problem with his reply.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

His wife also talks about the British Royal Family ...

Marie-Chantal: "Meghan is passionate about human rights, it will be her job"

Marie-Chantal de Grèce: "Meghan est passionnée par les droits de l’homme, ce sera son job"

https://translate.google.es/translat...-text=&act=url
Old 05-29-2018, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

That woman just cannot 'keep her trap shut'...
Old 05-29-2018, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

She didn't say anything wrong to me
Old 05-29-2018, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think it's due to the fact that Marie Chantal was commenting about another royal, but I agree, she didn't say anything explicitly negative about Meghan so I don't see the problem. She doesn't have an official role so it's fine for her to speak about other reigning families IMO - there have been other members of non-reigning royals who have done this before.
It only becomes a problem when she says things like "Letizia has shown her true colours" after the whole Easter debacle. For one, she's meddling in someone else's affairs and secondly she's being openly negative.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-29-2018, 06:45 PM
Courtier

She did not say anything wrong, I like what she says about Meghan.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

I dont see anything wrong with what she said. The family does have close ties to the British royals so its natural shed be asked about Harry and Meghan so close to the time of their wedding. She gave a couple of fairly generic, positive comments about Meghans new role but the bulk of the interview was about her own experience.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I think it's due to the fact that Marie Chantal was commenting about another royal, but I agree, she didn't say anything explicitly negative about Meghan so I don't see the problem. She doesn't have an official role so it's fine for her to speak about other reigning families IMO - there have been other members of non-reigning royals who have done this before.
It only becomes a problem when she says things like "Letizia has shown her true colours" after the whole Easter debacle. For one, she's meddling in someone else's affairs and secondly she's being openly negative.
I think indeed for me it was that last bit that caused me maybe to overreact a bit, since she felt the need to tweet about the Letizia/Sofia incident, i have her labelled in my mind as a royal who doesn't know how a royal should behave with regards to mixing in other royal's business (imo, they shouldn't do so in public)...so i think i automatically think about her like that ever since....

but hey, we can't like every royal can we, what would we talk about on these forums
Old 06-08-2018, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Father and son!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjxuMf6A...mariechantal22

Marie Chantal gave an interview for her and her business.

MAMA-OF-THE-MOMENT: Marie Chantal — Mama & Tata

Inside the homes of the CP Family

Inside the exiled Greek royal family's VERY lavish homes around the world | Daily Mail Online

The Vogue has an article about the new shop of Marie Chantal in London

https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/mari...e-opening-2018

Pavlos and Marie Chantal the give interview for the Vanity Fair Spain

https://www.revistavanityfair.es/rea...sociales/34776

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqaTCI0hvnd/

A video from the interview in Vanity Fair Spain with Marie Chantal and Maria Olympia

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqfhPxkBGSZ/

The family for the Spanish Vanity Fair Magazine

https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn.n...90&oe=5C99F3A7
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...d8&oe=5C959894
Old 12-21-2018, 04:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Another great family photo. It's not fair is it, all these kids growing up so fast. Where has the time gone. One minute you have a cute baby and next minute they are asking for the car keys.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
A video from the interview in Vanity Fair Spain with Marie Chantal and Maria Olympia

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqfhPxkBGSZ/

If Olympia was not a Princess, there would be no reason at all to take photos of her - her mother is comparingly prettier.
Every time I try to discover what would be special, unique or worthy, to be published in a magazine of her - but she is nothing but the average girl you can spot everywhere on the street....
Old 12-29-2018, 06:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
If Olympia was not a Princess, there would be no reason at all to take photos of her - her mother is comparingly prettier.
Every time I try to discover what would be special, unique or worthy, to be published in a magazine of her - but she is nothing but the average girl you can spot everywhere on the street....

I do not think she gets photographed for being a Princess, but for being a rich girl well-connected to the noble circles.She also belongs to the Miller family who owns all these shops around the world selling all these dresses of the famous designers. Everything is business

However, what is your opinion concerning the fact that MC (+daughter lately) are photographed for such magazines as Vanity Fair - Christmas edition? I get always the impression that they show off, again and again: Look how well we enjoy ourselves and have fun! Look how modern, rich and well-decorated our homes are! Since you like us, buy one of MC's clothes for children, to taste a bit of the royal magic and get connected to them.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
If X was not a Princess, there would be no reason at all to take photos of her applies to pretty much all the young royals we discuss on the forum. None of them are so spectacular theyd warrant the level of attention they get if theyd been born into more normal circumstances.

MC has been very skillful in using social media, and traditional media, to promote her familys brand, I guess youd call it, and Olympia will likely follow in her footsteps.The reigning royal families all do this, too, they just try to be more subtle about it.
Old 12-30-2018, 05:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
“If X was not a Princess, there would be no reason at all to take photos of her” applies to pretty much all the young royals we discuss on the forum. None of them are so spectacular they’d warrant the level of attention they get if they’d been born into more normal circumstances.
MC has been very skillful in using social media, and traditional media, to promote her family’s brand, I guess you’d call it, and Olympia will likely follow in her footsteps.The reigning royal families all do this, too, they just try to be more subtle about it.

Well, thats your opinion that "they’d warrant the level of attention they get if they’d been born into more normal circumstances". People like the CPSS of Denmark, Olympias uncle Philippos, Princess Tatiana, the Duchesses od Cambridge and Sussex to name a few, would all be worthy to be photographed as they all have something about them called "charisma", which I simply cannot trace in O. All of her brothers have more of that!

At least Princes and Princesses in active royal houses have duties for their countries to fulfill that IMO deserve attention, like stepping in for an elderly monarch, putting up something like anti-bullying campaigns at schools or "Invictus" etc, etc. ...
Things that really matter and lead a society in the right direction!

But there are also examples of royal members of non-reigning houses doing fantastic jobs in their respective countries.

Nobody in public light would not use social media these days, no matter politicians, actors, the church or royal families - thats fine. But I cannot recall anyone uncontroversial from a reihning royal house stripping down to his/ her underwear for one photoshoot after another...
Nothing against photoshoots! They need to be done - but, please, in a proper and decent way, worthy of an eldest granddaughter of a former reigning King!
Old 12-30-2018, 06:44 AM
Courtier

In the heading of the article to attract the reader, the magazine points out that she is the wife of Crown Prince Paul, who is the son of King Constantine and Queen Anna Marie(King and Queen of Greece to 1973) , who is the princess of Denmark, ... it even says that In the His father-in-law's 70th birthday party, which was held at Paul's and MC's house in London, was attended by Queen Elizabeth, who stained her dress...... and, of course, his confrontation with Queen Letizia.....
These are the arguments of the magazine to attract the public to buy it. In the interview, she promotes her family, the Miller and her business, but in the photos is her husband, Prince Paul.
Even when I am reading the interview, I think, looking at the photos, that the Prince will speak in the interview, but no. She talks about the title of Princess and the" responsibility" of carrying it ... But later it is a monologue of her family.She is ,obviously, trying to promote her family (Miller).

I am trying to say, that it is obvious that she is on the cover of the magazine because she is a member of the nobility, and that is the relevant. It is true that her family is rich and multimillionaire, but the spanish public is not interested in them, the people is interesting in Prince Paul and royal Houses...
I bought the magazine for the cover photo, I thought that the prince Paul and she would talk about themes of the nobility.

Tags
crown prince pavlos, crown princess marie chantal, greek royal family, greek royals, princess maria-olympia, princess olympia