Crown Prince Pavlos & Marie-Chantal and Family: Magazine and Picture Thread 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I take it to mean that he will represent his family when required but no more than that, I have no issue at all with this. He has his own life and doesn’t owe anything to Greece.

In conclusion, he and his family will continue to move in the circles of the International Jet-set, London, Swiss ski resorts... And sometimes they will go to real events.... In summer, in Greece.... I think he is sincere, it is his life, but I admit that this causes me sadness, I would like to hear Prince Pavlos say that he inherits from his father the historical legacy of his family....
I'm certain that Crown Prince Pavlos would have been delighted to be able to create an unofficial role as the guardian of the Greek royal legacy, but given how the political establishment views the family and have long actively worked against them that seems impossible. He, his wife and their children have built their lives abroad and without a complete U-turn by the political establishment I doubt that the family will ever return to Greece even part of the year. As time moves on even an unlikely U-turn would most likely not mean that any of them would want to return.

"I am not going to take on an official role". You don't say!!!! lol

We will continue to be united and keep strong ties with our country.

What position would you like to have in Greek society?

The same to this day. I will never change my attitude.
I wonder how he is going to work on keeping strong ties with the country if he is not intending to change his attitude... As the current one seems to have minimal ties to Greece.

I'm certain that Crown Prince Pavlos would have been delighted to be able to create an unofficial role as the guardian of the Greek royal legacy, but given how the political establishment views the family and have long actively worked against them that seems impossible. He, his wife and their children have built their lives abroad and without a complete U-turn by the political establishment I doubt that the family will ever return to Greece even part of the year. As time moves on even an unlikely U-turn would most likely not mean that any of them would want to return.

While Pavlos certainly doesn't owe the Greek authorities anything and is free to do whatever he likes, his brother is part of the same family that was treated just as shabbily and has still managed to make a productive life in Greece.

Didn' t Niko intend to go into politics in Greece a few years ago? You never again heard anything about that. Instead he works as a photographer or so or some other kind of artist.
To tell the truth I don' t believe he lives in Greece because he wants to keep some tradition going concerning his father' s former role as King.
For Pavlos it would ' ve been better IMO if his father stayed in London. Ever since he returned to Greece Pavlos felt some kind of duty to visit Greece a week per year or so. But IMO deep inside he isn' t interested in all that nostalgic dreams of his father. He just wants to end all that, live in London, New York or wherever and forget the past. He left Greece as a baby after all.

I think Pavlos may actually do quite well as a transitional Head of the House - i.e. the one to take the family from "exiled royals" who act like the are still royalty to a former royal house who are more in the footnotes of history.

If Pavlos visits Greece once a year, attends some royal events from time to time(after all they have links to the Spanish and Danish RFs and maybe lose ties to the British) and can talk reasonably well about Greece (as a place and people, I get they have only bad things to say or would want to say about 'official Greece') he will do well and transition nicely into the time of Constantine Alexios as Head of the House - likely with little real any connection to Greece and more just as a notable member of high society who mentions his links to Greece as a novelty.

The problem is that Pavlos and family quite like to be part of European royalty by attending events f.i. in Denmark or Norway. If he was consequent he should stop that in the future. But of course he uses his family ties as an excuse. Greece is for all the other royals completely unattractiv and has no Flair like London or Paris or New York. Most people connect it with the antique or as a touristcountry.
Another problem is that C and M were the last royal couple where both are direct descendants from two other monarchies (son of a ruling! King married daughter of a ruling! King) and therefore it' s even more difficult for the children and grandchildren to live an average life as Mr. or Mrs. Jones. It' s tragic that the Greek monarchy of all monarchies came to an end who had those perfect characteristics.

While Pavlos certainly doesn't owe the Greek authorities anything and is free to do whatever he likes, his brother is part of the same family that was treated just as shabbily and has still managed to make a productive life in Greece.
Prince Nikolaos and his wife live private lives in Greece without any even unofficial roles or any pretentions to any. Given that Crown Prince Pavlos says that he wants to keep the family's legacy alive I find it hard to see that he would have been able to do the same.
That said apart from visiting his mother and hosting the annual memorial at Tatoi I fail to see how he and later his son will be able to make any difference in Greece regarding the royal family's legacy.

The problem is that Pavlos and family quite like to be part of European royalty by attending events f.i. in Denmark or Norway. If he was consequent he should stop that in the future. But of course he uses his family ties as an excuse. Greece is for all the other royals completely unattractiv and has no Flair like London or Paris or New York. Most people connect it with the antique or as a touristcountry.
Another problem is that C and M were the last royal couple where both are direct descendants from two other monarchies (son of a ruling! King married daughter of a ruling! King) and therefore it' s even more difficult for the children and grandchildren to live an average life as Mr. or Mrs. Jones. It' s tragic that the Greek monarchy of all monarchies came to an end who had those perfect characteristics.

Why should Crown Prince Pavlos "stop that"? The European royals are his family and many of them are also close friends of him and his wife. He doesn't need any excuse to socialize with them.
Regarding the family not living average lives I put that down more to the Miller and the Flohr millions than their royal ancestry. Prince Nikolaos, Princess Alexia, Princess Theodora and their families live a comfortable, but normal upper-middle class lifestyle and that would most likely have been the same for their brothers had they not married very wealthy women.

Crown Prince Pavlos:
"..My parents taught us respect for our country, for our religion, for certain traditions that are dear to us. And also the duty to give back to the nation as much as we can... We will continue in this way, to be united and to maintain strong ties with our country.."
https://www.pointdevue.fr/royal/cou...ous-sommes-la-pour-aider-notre-pays-a-avancer

Complete Interview

Photos:
https://c1.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/G69182b9e/22439898_5YwJQ.jpeg

https://c8.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/G6318120a/22439899_zHlBj.jpeg

https://c10.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/G6817a3d0/22439900_6j6Kq.jpeg

https://c10.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/Gf81705cc/22439902_P7unw.jpeg

https://c8.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/Gbb173b90/22439901_TJlNS.jpeg

Last edited:
I think his children will spend even less time in Greece than Pavlos!

Marie Chantal shared two new photos of herself, promoting a new candle: "BTS Filming for the Marie Chantal Angel Wing Candle… Stay tuned!":

** instagram post **

Marie Chantal shared two new photos of herself, promoting a new candle: "BTS Filming for the Marie Chantal Angel Wing Candle… Stay tuned!":

** instagram post **

Angel Wing Candles! Maybe Martha Louise and Durek can help her promote them. :)

Haha that would be funny!

TBF her baby / children's clothing range seems famous for its winged babygrows so I assume its a play on that rather than something like Martha Louise and her sham man would endorse.

Statement by Crown Prince Pavlos following the tragic train accident at Tempi.
Today, all of Greece mourns. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families who lost loved ones in this unimaginable tragedy and with the injured who we wholeheartedly hope are released from the hospital soon.

Warm thanks to the rescue crews and all the medical staff who help the injured by making superhuman efforts.

I stand broken in front of the unspeakable pain of the parents who lost their children so unjustly.

God bless them and give them strength-

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpQMI9nMZUp/

Last edited:
:previous:I have this magazine, I remember that it was Vogue. These are not private photos, this was a report published by Vogue magazine in 2007. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Hello! version of Greece, Prince Pavlos and his family are already on vacation in Greece. However Maria Olympia was in London this weekend, and yesterday she published photos in the London gym. I would say that Pavlos and Marie Chantal are in Greece for a week ago, that's true, but their children no, they are in London.

I would like, and it is a wish, to be able to see a photo, current, of Queen Anna Maria. I miss an image of her. I would like to see the whole family together, I'm talking about Alexia, Nikolaos, Pavlos...

Given the ferocious heat in Greece at the moment I wasn't expecting to hear that any of them were in Greece and was half expecting to see Queen Anne-Marie in cooler Denmark!

It is very hot, but very hot, during the day and at night... but I am going to tell you too, that I have read that Queen Anna Maria will NOT be in Denmark this year with her sisters, in the photo traditional . Princess Benedikte confirmed it to a Danish medium. Queen Anna Maria will not travel to Denmark .

It really is the whole family. The magazine has done an extensive report on the memorial for King Constantine. And also about the coronation of King Frederick of Denmark, who is the nephew of Queen Anna Maria

Marie-Chantal today shared a nice new photo, entitled "Long weekend in Athens with Aristides ♥️":

** instagram post **

They seem to be in Greece a bit more since Pavlos became the Head of the royal house.

Since the end of December, Pavlos has been in Athens. He received the new year in Athens, on January 1st he attended the New Year's mass, and on the 6th he attended Epiphany.... He has remained in Greece since the end of December. I would have liked Marie Chantal to have been at King Constantine's memorial on the 10th, I am very upset with her...This can be said that Marie Chantal and Aristides who studies in London have visited Prince Pavlos in Athens... and his grandmother Queen Anna Maria who lives in Greece.

Yes, Stef, it's more than obvious that if they visit Pavlos, they also visit Anna-Maria. She's the main reason why Pavlos is there.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it known why he has been there for a whole month?

Back
Top Bottom