Crown Prince Pavlos & Marie-Chantal and Family: Magazine and Picture Thread 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She did not say anything wrong, I like what she says about Meghan.

I don’t see anything wrong with what she said. The family does have close ties to the British royals so it’s natural she’d be asked about Harry and Meghan so close to the time of their wedding. She gave a couple of fairly generic, positive comments about Meghan’s new role but the bulk of the interview was about her own experience.

:previous: I think it's due to the fact that Marie Chantal was commenting about another royal, but I agree, she didn't say anything explicitly negative about Meghan so I don't see the problem. She doesn't have an official role so it's fine for her to speak about other reigning families IMO - there have been other members of non-reigning royals who have done this before.
It only becomes a problem when she says things like "Letizia has shown her true colours" after the whole Easter debacle. For one, she's meddling in someone else's affairs and secondly she's being openly negative.

I think indeed for me it was that last bit that caused me maybe to overreact a bit, since she felt the need to tweet about the Letizia/Sofia incident, i have her labelled in my mind as a royal who doesn't know how a royal should behave with regards to mixing in other royal's business (imo, they shouldn't do so in public)...so i think i automatically think about her like that ever since....

but hey, we can't like every royal can we, what would we talk about on these forums :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another great family photo. It's not fair is it, all these kids growing up so fast. Where has the time gone. One minute you have a cute baby and next minute they are asking for the car keys.

A video from the interview in Vanity Fair Spain with Marie Chantal and Maria Olympia

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqfhPxkBGSZ/

If Olympia was not a Princess, there would be no reason at all to take photos of her - her mother is comparingly prettier.
Every time I try to discover what would be special, unique or worthy, to be published in a magazine of her - but she is nothing but the average girl you can spot everywhere on the street....

If Olympia was not a Princess, there would be no reason at all to take photos of her - her mother is comparingly prettier.
Every time I try to discover what would be special, unique or worthy, to be published in a magazine of her - but she is nothing but the average girl you can spot everywhere on the street....

I do not think she gets photographed for being a Princess, but for being a rich girl well-connected to the noble circles.She also belongs to the Miller family who owns all these shops around the world selling all these dresses of the famous designers. Everything is business ??

However, what is your opinion concerning the fact that MC (+daughter lately) are photographed for such magazines as Vanity Fair - Christmas edition? I get always the impression that they show off, again and again: Look how well we enjoy ourselves and have fun! Look how modern, rich and well-decorated our homes are! Since you like us, buy one of MC's clothes for children, to taste a bit of the royal magic and get connected to them.

Last edited:

“If X was not a Princess, there would be no reason at all to take photos of her” applies to pretty much all the young royals we discuss on the forum. None of them are so spectacular they’d warrant the level of attention they get if they’d been born into more normal circumstances.

MC has been very skillful in using social media, and traditional media, to promote her family’s brand, I guess you’d call it, and Olympia will likely follow in her footsteps.The reigning royal families all do this, too, they just try to be more subtle about it.

“If X was not a Princess, there would be no reason at all to take photos of her” applies to pretty much all the young royals we discuss on the forum. None of them are so spectacular they’d warrant the level of attention they get if they’d been born into more normal circumstances.
MC has been very skillful in using social media, and traditional media, to promote her family’s brand, I guess you’d call it, and Olympia will likely follow in her footsteps.The reigning royal families all do this, too, they just try to be more subtle about it.

Well, that´s your opinion that "they’d warrant the level of attention they get if they’d been born into more normal circumstances". People like the CPSS of Denmark, Olympias uncle Philippos, Princess Tatiana, the Duchesses od Cambridge and Sussex to name a few, would all be worthy to be photographed as they all have something about them called "charisma", which I simply cannot trace in O. All of her brothers have more of that!

At least Princes and Princesses in active royal houses have duties for their countries to fulfill that IMO deserve attention, like stepping in for an elderly monarch, putting up something like anti-bullying campaigns at schools or "Invictus" etc, etc. ...
Things that really matter and lead a society in the right direction!

But there are also examples of royal members of non-reigning houses doing fantastic jobs in their respective countries.

Nobody in public light would not use social media these days, no matter politicians, actors, the church or royal families - that´s fine. But I cannot recall anyone uncontroversial from a reihning royal house stripping down to his/ her underwear for one photoshoot after another...:whistling:
Nothing against photoshoots! They need to be done - but, please, in a proper and decent way, worthy of an eldest granddaughter of a former reigning King!

In the heading of the article to attract the reader, the magazine points out that she is the wife of Crown Prince Paul, who is the son of King Constantine and Queen Anna Marie(King and Queen of Greece to 1973) , who is the princess of Denmark, ... it even says that In the His father-in-law's 70th birthday party, which was held at Paul's and MC's house in London, was attended by Queen Elizabeth, who stained her dress...... and, of course, his confrontation with Queen Letizia.....
These are the arguments of the magazine to attract the public to buy it. In the interview, she promotes her family, the Miller and her business, but in the photos is her husband, Prince Paul.
Even when I am reading the interview, I think, looking at the photos, that the Prince will speak in the interview, but no. She talks about the title of Princess and the" responsibility" of carrying it ... But later it is a monologue of her family.She is ,obviously, trying to promote her family (Miller).

I am trying to say, that it is obvious that she is on the cover of the magazine because she is a member of the nobility, and that is the relevant. It is true that her family is rich and multimillionaire, but the spanish public is not interested in them, the people is interesting in Prince Paul and royal Houses...
I bought the magazine for the cover photo, I thought that the prince Paul and she would talk about themes of the nobility.

Last edited:
Princess Marie Chantal has been on magazine covers for most of her life....kinda like a modern day café society. Her sisters and her were famous for being rich and beautiful.

Well, that´s your opinion that "they’d warrant the level of attention they get if they’d been born into more normal circumstances". People like the CPSS of Denmark, Olympias uncle Philippos, Princess Tatiana, the Duchesses od Cambridge and Sussex to name a few, would all be worthy to be photographed as they all have something about them called "charisma", which I simply cannot trace in O. All of her brothers have more of that!

At least Princes and Princesses in active royal houses have duties for their countries to fulfill that IMO deserve attention, like stepping in for an elderly monarch, putting up something like anti-bullying campaigns at schools or "Invictus" etc, etc. ...

But there are also examples of royal members of non-reigning houses doing fantastic jobs in their respective countries.

Nobody in public light would not use social media these days, no matter politicians, actors, the church or royal families - that´s fine. But I cannot recall anyone uncontroversial from a reihning royal house stripping down to his/ her underwear for one photoshoot after another...:whistling:
Nothing against photoshoots! They need to be done - but, please, in a proper and decent way, worthy of an eldest granddaughter of a former reigning King!

I distinctly remember a lot of "what's so special about her?" in relation to early photos of CPSS Mary and the Duchess of Cambridge. "They aren't a patch on..(insert here) how did they get Prince X interested" and probably many others. And there are plenty of blood princes and princesses no one would think twice about if they weren't royal who don't appear to be doing much in the way of charity work or public duties.

Olympia is just barely a "Princess". She's a glorified socialite with a bit of extra glitz. Which is okay with me really. Greece isn't going to restore the Monarchy any time soon, her parents don't seem interested in establishing themselves in Greece or Greek affairs like the Romanian Royal Family. Her life is not something I would want or do but I can't exactly blame her for not thinking of the dignity of being the granddaughter of a former king.

To me Olympia has about as much “charisma” as her brothers. They seem like what they are: well groomed, privileged children who have always been very well taken care of and who prioritize looking their best in pictures they release to the public. The only really handsome one is the second boy, IMO.

I don’t deny there are some royals who have done a fantastic job with issues of real substance but the reason they get to make such an impact is because they were born or married into a royal family. Even someone like Meghan, who was somewhat prominent in her own field before she married, now has a much, much larger platform to promote various causes solely because she’s now a member of the British royal family. It’s good for royals to make the most of the opportunities they have to do good -in fact, I think it’s imperative they do so - but in the end, the outsized amount of attention they get isn’t because of their innate talent or charisma, it’s because they’re royal.

I wouldn’t want a daughter of mine to live the sort of life Olympia seems to be leading, no matter how much money she had, but I also think it’s unfair to say she wouldn’t get the attention she does if she weren’t connected to royalty when that’s likely true for 99.9 percent of the people discussed on this forum.

To me Olympia has about as much “charisma” as her brothers. They seem like what they are: well groomed, privileged children who have always been very well taken care of and who prioritize looking their best in pictures they release to the public. The only really handsome one is the second boy, IMO.

I don’t deny there are some royals who have done a fantastic job with issues of real substance but the reason they get to make such an impact is because they were born or married into a royal family. Even someone like Meghan, who was somewhat prominent in her own field before she married, now has a much, much larger platform to promote various causes solely because she’s now a member of the British royal family. It’s good for royals to make the most of the opportunities they have to do good -in fact, I think it’s imperative they do so - but in the end, the outsized amount of attention they get isn’t because of their innate talent or charisma, it’s because they’re royal.

I wouldn’t want a daughter of mine to live the sort of life Olympia seems to be leading, no matter how much money she had, but I also think it’s unfair to say she wouldn’t get the attention she does if she weren’t connected to royalty when that’s likely true for 99.9 percent of the people discussed on this forum.

When I look at old photographs and films of her grandparents at the same age she is today, I can hardly believe they are so closely related...
Both C. and A-M were absolutely gorgeous and charismatic in their own right and worthy having been photographed being Royals or not.
O. is one self-possessed rich and "demi-royal" girl not even pretty without make-up on (sometimes even with make-up on...).

Do you know where the family lives now?
I mean their current basis as they travel a lot.

I know New York but exactly where ?

I can't even ….

I wonder what Constantine and AnneMarie think?

If if they think...what can they do?
Maria-Olimpia is adult.

:previous: Exactly. And Marie Chantal and her family seem to think of themselves as more celebrities with added royal perks rather than "proper" royalty. This particular photoshoot is quite tame in comparison to some of the photos Maria Olympia has posted of herself on Instagram, too!

I agree. She is free to choose her future, she has chosen to be a model, her parents are delighted with her daughter's profession. Maria Olympia is a celebrity with title of Princess.

She is not the only model of royalty, I remember that the grandson of Queen Margaret of Denmark is also a model. I see that Prince Nicholas of Denmark is not criticized for being a model.

She is not the only model of royalty, I remember that the grandson of Queen Margaret of Denmark is also a model. I see that Prince Nicholas of Denmark is not criticized for being a model.

And didn't he look fabulous in the white outfit. I wouldn't have recognised him without the forum saying who it was. He looked completely different.

You haven’t been reading the Danish threads then-there has been a good bit of discussion about Prince Nikolai’s modeling. Although, he is quite good looking enough to get modeling jobs without his title entering into it.
I’m not sure the same can be said about his cousin.

Last edited:
:previous: especially like the second pic, she has a great figure and the dress flows really great...

When Marie-Chantal moved back into her parents' Manhattan townhouse, she called on French designer Francois Catroux to breathe new life into the space.

https://www.architecturaldigest.com...n-princess-marie-chantals-manhattan-town-home

https://www.instagram.com/p/B07njoBn9j9/

PavloS and Konstantinos pictured for the DIOR SESSIONS, a book by Nikolai Von Bismarck

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3K4xXMH3ID/

Maria-Olympia make a photoshoot for the La Ligne

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5yQUR5nJAq/

with her mother

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5yGpKjHiCg/

Back
Top Bottom