Christening Of Odysseas Kimon

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sofia and Anne Marie look great.

Is this Princess Theodora in orange? I didn't recognize her at first. Seegerpress
has nice photos of Philippos and Theodora. :)

I think Nikolaos' girlfriend Tatiana has attended public events before.

Attachments

• 75.jpg
    75.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 651
Last edited:
Wonderful like always.
And like always M. Chantal is very elegant but mette mary is stunning.

Were there any photos of Marie-Chantal's parents at the reception after the christening?

Yahoo news

Grandson of Former Greek King Christened
Sun Jun 19, 2:05 PM ET

ATHENS, Greece - The youngest grandson of Greece's former king, Constantine, was christened in Athens, surrounded by European royalty.

[size=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/size]
document.write('');if (window.yzq_a == null) document.write("");if (window.yzq_a){yzq_a('p', 'P=pkiyp0SOwhUvbneTQq4vyBEtRDMSqUK2KHUACyyR&T=15o4mrsm6%2fX%3d1119234165%2fE%3d84962395%2fR%3dnews%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d1.1%2fW%3d8%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d2990145837%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJuZXdzIiBjb250ZW50PSJidXNpbmVzczttaWxpdGFyeSI-%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d5EC28E44');yzq_a('a', '&U=139r4n5u1%2fN%3dzhBfbUSOxIY-%2fC%3d348128.6407222.7384024.1414694%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d2655818');}
b

Odysseas Kimon, the 9-month-old fourth child of Constantine's son, Pavlos, was baptized Saturday at the Church of the Convent of St. John the Baptist. The service was attended by Queen Sophia of Spain, Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway and Denmark's Princess Alexandra Sayn Wittgenstein.

Pavlos, 38, the eldest son of the former king, lives in London with his 36-year-old wife, Marie Chantal, the daughter of business tycoon Robert Miller.

Constantine fled Greece in 1967, shortly after a military coup. The monarchy was abolished by referendum after the dictatorship collapsed in 1974, and most former royal property was taken over by the state.

In 2003, the Council of Europe's Human Rights Court ended a decades-old legal battle and ordered Greece to pay Constantine $13 million for seized palaces, estates and property.

Some more from the reception from Imagine scandinavia

The view from the table is fantastick

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 443
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 544
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 602
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 443
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 514
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 472
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 466
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 453
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 557
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 404
more from imagine

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 348
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 392
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 317
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 349
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 642
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 446
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 310
Theodora and Alexandra look very similar in the picture where they're standing next to each other. Theodora looks more alike Alexandra than Alexia.

Thanks for the pictures.

The black and white skirt Theodora wore to the christening is from the Gap. I wore it to my college graduation. I'm shocked...I never thought I'd have the same skirt as a royal! :D

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/06/20/greekchristening/

MARIE-CHANTAL AND PAVLOS CELEBRATE ROYAL CHRISTENING

20 JUNE 2005

All eyes were on the latest addition to Crown Prince Pavlos' family on Saturday as baby Odysseas Kimon was christened at an Athens church.

The nine-month-old son of the Greek prince and his wife, Princess Marie-Chantal, was surrounded by a host of royal relatives for the momentous occasion, held at the monastery of Agios Ioannis of Kareas.

Odysseas' seven godparents are: Prince Philippos and Princess Olga of Greece, Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, Princess Alexandra Sayn-Wittgenstein, Mr Nassos Thanopolous, Mr Chris Thomsen and Mr Arki Busson, businessman and longtime partner of supermodel Elle Macpherson.

The 38-year-old son of ex-King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie has three other children with wife Marie-Chantal. Princess Maria-Olympia was born in 1996, followed by Prince Constantine Alexios in 1998 and Prince Achileas Andreas in 2000.

1. From left to right: Architect Carlos Morales, his wife Princess Alexia, ex-King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie, the crown prince and princess, her parents Robert and Chantal Miller, and Queen Sofia of Spain

2. Prince Pavlos and his wife Princess Marie-Chantal celebrated the christening of their youngest son, Odysseas Kimon, in Athens on Saturday

3. Crown Princess Mette-Marit, one of the baby's seven godparents, with husband Crown Prince Haakon

4. Happy family: Pavlos and Marie-Chantal with their four children - youngest Odysseas and, from left to right, Constantine Alexios, Achilleas Andreas and Maria-Olympia

Attachments

• greekchristening-dop1a.jpg
    greekchristening-dop1a.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 383
  • greekchristening-dop2a.jpg
    greekchristening-dop2a.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,801
  • greekchristening-dop3a.jpg
    greekchristening-dop3a.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 355
  • greekchristening-dop4a.jpg
    greekchristening-dop4a.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 934
Last edited:
Larzen, thanks for the photo of Mr. and Mrs. Miller!

I surtainly didnt like MC dress. it was awfull

I think it's funny naming Arki Busson as a god parent when he can't be bothered himself to marry his children's mother!

Bubbette said:
I think it's funny naming Arki Busson as a god parent when he can't be bothered himself to marry his children's mother!

Oh yes, Arki Busson =Elle Macpherason (sp) long time boyfriend. Well said Bubbette!!

carlota said:
mette marit looks astonishingly good... i really liked that dress. does wnyone know if it's also a valentino? she seems to be wearing valentino a lot in her last gala appearences.

I think it was Valentino. It reminds me very much of the dress that Princess Rosario of Bulgaria wore to the pre-wedding dinner of Felipe and Letizia last year. Since Mette-Marit and Rosario are such good friends, I'm sure they give each other fashion tips.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 291
  • 88.jpg
    88.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 613
  • 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 328
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 353
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 431
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 528
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
In most pictures Marie-Chantal looks like she had been jogging before the photo session. Her face looks washed up, her eyes looked tired and most of the times she is that woman standing by Odysseas' father:D .
And the dress - I wish to know what I could say:eek: .
At the evening party she looked.... herself!!! Glamourous and in charge of the situation.
As for the other attendants - they all seem very very nice. Queen Sophia -Glowing. Alexia and Husband so Well. And Mette-Marit stunning. Even Marius looked so fashionable with the black pants and white shirt.

Regards.

Larzen said:
Mette-Marits evening dress is Prada
http://www.vogue.co.uk/ImageLib/240x360/Shows/SS2005/Milan/R-T-W/Prada/00240f.jpg

Some more pictures from the arrival at church, I have tred to take soem that were not already posted. It seems those huge, no doubt real:cool: pearl necklaces is a Miller Family Trademark

fromseegerpress.de

Thanks for the wonderful pictures, and the feature on M-M-dress.. Even Norways Se og Hör magazine was certain it was Valentino(!!).. but you got it right!!

This weeks Hola has a picture of the family at the evening party on the cover.

Attachments

• ho3178ampli.jpg
    ho3178ampli.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 578
I don't think that I've ever seem MM look better!! Just beautiful.

Hi,
I have been a guest for some time and finally decided to join. This is is my first posting so I hope I am doing it right.

My question is where are Pia and Alexandra. Usually at least one of them shows up for big family events such as this. If they were there, they missed all of the photo opps. I wonder if Marie-Chantal, who seems to have a happy marriage and a successful business is starting to break out into her own.

Bubbette said:

Being a parent is different, separate and distinct from being a husband. Who says that Arki Busson isn't a good father to his and Elle MacPhereson's sons just because he and Elle are not married? Marriage is not for everyone; it is unfair to impose the institution of marriage on everybody as a norm or an expectation or requirement.

And let's face it: What kind of a role or how much of a role do you expect any of the godparents to play in the life of Odysseas or the godparents of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal's other children? When was the last time you saw a picture or read about Sweden's Victoria playing with Konstantin, to whom she is a godmother?

It forgives my bad English
I have a doubt, is on one of the godfathers of the Odysseas, Arki Busson... says here that it is the boyfriend of the Elle MacPherson, but the name of the Elle's boyfriend, that I see in the sites, is Arpad Busson, and not Arki... will not be that you had confused... or I'm made a mistake?

samitude said:
http://www.forbes.com/business/global/2004/1220/072sidebar.html

I think the above link gives your answer. It's the same person. Arki is a nickname. Also, it says that he is into hedge fund managment. Isn't that the same thing that Prince Pavlos is in? I'm guessing either they work together or Arki helped Pavlos start his business.

Marie-Chantal and Arpad also went to the same Swiss boarding school as kids, so they could've have already known one another from then.

Btw. I like what Marie-Chantal wore to the christening, i thought that it was nice, casual and perfect for a summer's day.
Mette-Marit and her evening wear, definately a very positive change, she looked absolutely spectacular.
Marie-Chantal and her choice of the Valentino gown? Very nice in my opinion, but it looked as though she was showing a bit too much skin. But hey, that's just a personal preference.

samitude said:
http://www.forbes.com/business/global/2004/1220/072sidebar.html

I think the above link gives your answer. It's the same person. Arki is a nickname. Also, it says that he is into hedge fund managment. Isn't that the same thing that Prince Pavlos is in? I'm guessing either they work together or Arki helped Pavlos start his business.
I'm not sure but I belive that MC is very close with Elle Macpherson. She and Arki have two children together and were dating for many years until they announced their split just yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom