Christening of Aristidis Stavros, born June 29, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roimat, please, can you tell me how you get to the Face book? I´d love to see your photos!

Carminha, you dont need to register firts. Scrowll down to the part of Photos and the click on see all.

Roimat, great photos!!!, thanks for share with us

oh, thanks a lot paty! Mine are those posted by "markos tsakas", cause another member also posted some,but from the inernet!

Thanks to everyone who provided us with pictures. A nice intimate baptism ceremony. Pavlos has a very good looking family. His daughter looks just like him and I think she will be tall like him with those long legs. I agree with everyone that their children should learn the Greek language and culture since the family now seems to spend some time in Greece every year. But I thought the King and Anne Marie owned a house not rented it? Haven't they bought a house by now?

Well,nobody still nows exaclty if the house there in Porto Heli is owned by them or they just rent it, or if someone havr given it to them just for summer holidays. The Greek Royal Family is still very mystic about those things.
As for a real house,they are still looking for one in Athens,but as far as i know,they don't have make their choise yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the new issue of the greek Hello magazine which has exclusive photos of the christening inside the of church. The article mentions almost the same as the world wide media. In addition they mention that Aristides-stavros did cry a lot when he went into the water. Also the monastery's singing group sang inside the church at the ceremony and also outside for the guests when the christening was over.
The article mentions that Tattiana, partner of Prince Nikolaos did not attend so as the younger children of the family due to prior obligations. But the younger children were in Greece for a few weeks and enjoyed their holidays here.

any mention of the rest of the godparents?

Thanks Lia!
One question:
Has it a family photo with the Kings and Miller.. together? Were Teodora and Philippos?

any mention of the rest of the godparents?

Godparents:

Infanta Christina of Spain, Prince Kyrillos of Bulgaria, Spyros Niarchos, Stavros Livanos.

Another godfather is Prince Paterno Don Franchesco Moncanta (i am translating the name from greek and i have never heard of him so forgive any errors :ermm:)

The other two names are not mentioned. The article only says that they are friends of the parents.

Thanks Lia!
One question:
Has it a family photo with the Kings and Miller.. together? Were Teodora and Philippos?

There is a big family picture of all the family together inside the monastery garden and the Millers are also pictured inside the church.

Philippos and Theodora as i mentioned did not attend due to other obligations they had back to the States

thank you Lia:
I found this about the Prince Paterno....:

Casa de Moncada de Aragón - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

"House of Aragon Moncada (or HOUSE OF Moncada) is an Aragonese noble house based in Sicily, whose name comes from the Catalan town of Montcada i Reixac in the province of Barcelona. Its main title was the Principality of Paternò, [1] although it was the owner of numerous titles and fiefs in Sicily.
Throughout the centuries, she joined several Sicilian noble houses, the lineage of the Dukes of Montalto and Bivona. Later he joined the Spanish House of Fajardo, which in turn connected with the Casa de Villafranca, which reversed the House of Medina-Sidonia, which lasts."

That title belongs to the current house in Medina Sidonea of Spain. I have doubts of the lineage of franchesco Moncada ...

The family of Alexia is very beautiful
. I like Arrieta…

The greek royal kids are absolutely gorgeous! I would say the best-looking royal new generation. Both Pavlos and Alexia's kids. I wonder when Nikolaos and Theodora will begin. Philippos is still young..

Marie-Chantal's outfit was, as usual, really beautiful.

I agree with you girls. Those kids are marvelous. And I also want to thank you for the photos of Alexia and her family.

Who were the godparents?

Igilmo, this question has already been answered, please check
out the posts above (including the one of Lia) and the ones
on the previous pages! :)

http://i28.tinypic.com/207npqd.jpg
This is a really beautiful photo of the family. They all look so happy together. Some of the photos of Prince Pavlos and Marie-Chantal taken in the past few months IMO have shown the couple not looking as happy as in the past. Is this just my imagination?

were the Miller sister in the baptism? I think that they have not been in it.

As far as I know, only Pia was at the baptism as well as her daughter Isabelle, a really impressive young girl.
Neither Alexandra nor her kids...

You are right, suss 2, this a a lovely picture of this family. They all look happy together.

Godparents:

Infanta Christina of Spain, Prince Kyrillos of Bulgaria, Spyros Niarchos, Stavros Livanos.

Another godfather is Prince Paterno Don Franchesco Moncanta (i am translating the name from greek and i have never heard of him so forgive any errors :ermm:)

The other two names are not mentioned. The article only says that they are friends of the parents.

States

According to the greek Life and Style, the other two are Isabel Getty, daughter of Pia and Aristide Faccionnatto....

What?Isabel Getty not only attended but was also a Godparent of the little prince?
She's only 16,but I guess teenagers nowadays can make perfect Godparents as well.
Thank you for the information,Emmeleia!

Yesterday I bought the latest HOLA-edition (the one with Nati Abascal and some other woman at a wedding on the cover) and was looking forward to an announced belated report of Aristidis´ baptism. But what a cheek: They published a whole site with a photo - of little Odysseas baptism! and claimed it should be Aristidis! The rest were just bad snapshots of Aristidis´ baptism inside the church. Very poor! I was very disappointed!

Yes, Stefanie, I saw the photo of Odysseus claiming to be that of Aristidis. It´s not the first time that Hola confuses the issues. Besides, the two boys are completely different and you could tell also that MC had a different dress!!!

I've tried to find the link but found nothing : do you speak of the Spanish Holà ? I'm interested of the "bad snapshots" of inside the church.

Yes, Sita, it is the Spanish Hola. There are two cute pictures of the little Aristidis, nude in the arms of his Mum, looking with apprehension at the baptismal water!

Back
Top Bottom