Younger generation participation in official functions.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Would you like to see Louis, Pauline & Camille paricipate more in official functions

• yes

Votes: 55 66.3%
  • no

Votes: 28 33.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ennyllorac

Royal Highness
Country
United States
This poll is submitted by sebastian.

Would you like to see Louis, Pauline and Camille participate more in official functions?

Yes, sure... and the casiraghi trio toooooo :D

Absolutely. I think Louis, Pauline and Camille should take part in that. Specially the National Day. They'll live all their live as Princess Stephanie's children. They are part of the princely family. I think it won't hurt them if they get more publicity in Monaco.

Oh I'd love to see Steph's kids around there. I hope they'll attend the festivities next week. It would be great to see them on the balcony. I think it might all depend on who Caroline brings: If all of Steph's 2 nieces and 4 nephews will be there she's more likely to have Louis, Pauline and Camille there as well ...

For those who voted 'no' in this poll. Could you precise this decision?

I would love to see Stephanie's children at official functions as well but I'm afraid that if we do the media will go nuts and never leave the kids alone & I don't want that to happen.

lashinka2002 said:
I would love to see Stephanie's children at official functions as well but I'm afraid that if we do the media will go nuts and never leave the kids alone & I don't want that to happen.

Well, I think they'll be going to be more interested in them when they get older anyway. It already started. And , you know, I think Stephanie 'calculated' with that risk from the beginning. She knows who she is...so...

i would really love to see more of stephanies kids. they really are beautiful and louis is such a stud now

michelle said:
Well, I think they'll be going to be more interested in them when they get older anyway. It already started. And , you know, I think Stephanie 'calculated' with that risk from the beginning. She knows who she is...so...

yeah, I agree. if they're kept out of public appearances there won't be much media scrutiny of their private lives.

I voted no... don't hate me... I just like that they aren't always in the media's attention as much as Caroline... Stephanie's children have a much normal life (other than living with a circus for a while.....)

kittencrews said:
I voted no... don't hate me... I just like that they aren't always in the media's attention as much as Caroline... Stephanie's children have a much normal life (other than living with a circus for a while.....)

yeah, that circus thing. i'm not sure their life is all that 'normal' with Mom's revolving door of boyfriends and husbands, but its definitely private.

Yes, of course i'd like to see the new generations participating in official functions. Most specially the Casiraghi siblings since they're older than their cousins. Not only it would give an image of family union, but it would also bring some sense of duty and responsability towards the family and Monaco's affaires and population, that the Casiraghis seem to lack... I think they should get more involved in the social, political, economic life of the principality and not just in parties, balls, etc.

We all would like to see more of Steph's kids but she is being very protecticve of them. I think we can all understand that. Caroline's trio are all old enough & hopefully mature enough to take on more of a public role. At this rate, the thone will likely someday pass to Caroline & later to Andreas after Albert passes. Hopefully this is in the far distant future.

I actually voted no. They're somehow different than Caroline's (older) children, IMO. I guess maybe its just the age difference and the difference in how they were raised. Stephanie seems very protective of her children and keeps them out of the media eye as much as possible, it seems (which is ironic, if you think about it), but it seems like the Casiraghi's have always been in the public eye. Besides, they're practically grown now, and they should have some "official" responsibilities, especially if one of them may inherit the throne someday. Alexandra is of course little, so we only see her at National Day. I mean, it wouldn't be horrible if we saw them there, but I really don't see a huge need for them to be there if Stephanie doesn't want them to or they don't want to. Caroline's kids don't have to be there either, but they just always have been. Besides, at least one of Stephanie's kids usually goes to the circus festival, so we get to see them then.

I’ve also voted no. As some of the posters have already expressed, Stephanie made a tactical decision to protect her children, mostly because she endured and suffered so much because of her fame. I don’t know how one recovers from people claiming – allegedly – that you killed your own mother. I think that it’s from that standpoint that she decided to keep her children out of the prying and malicious eyes of the press.

Once they are older, if they wish to participate in the affairs of the principality, it will be their decisions and with full knowledge of all the risks, which would a lot healthier for them. I support her motherly instincts, although it would be great to see more of them from time to time. I think it will be interesting once her children do come of age. What career will they choose? What are their personalities are like? What are their interests?

I hope for Stephanie’s sake that they make her proud because for as much as she’s been labeled a bad princess (fairly on appearance to some), this is the one duty she seems to cherish. I love Steph! I wanted her and Belmondo to last. Oh, well…

We already see Andrea participating with AMADE on his own, but he has a strong example in his mother. It remains to be seen if Pierre and Charlotte pick up that torch - altough, I believe that Pierre has attended some AMADE functions/countries with his mother. Regarding Stephanie, she just seems so emotionally unstable, and unfocused - I just think it would be hard for her children to really see her as a strong example for how to act. She participates with Prince Albert on some things, but the AIDS foundation and the Circus seem to be events she is front and center. I believe they'll have to succeed in life, despite her - she just seems so troubled and unhappy. Hopefully, that won't rub off on them.

Caroline's kids have really always been in the spotlight since they were born and still are. Stephanie kids most of the Pics of them are Candid photos of them out with their parents , We get to see them at the circus Festival .I don't think it has anything to do with Stephanie love life , happiness or any other thing I think it is simply a mother protecting her kids Stephanie is a good mother she wants what is best for them maybe when they get older they will want to come out publicly in some way but we will have to wait and see.

Stephanie wanted to give her kids a normal life as much as she possibly could since the likelyhood of them ever taking the throne is very slim. That is something she never had that she wanted to give her kids. Thus why they rarely have duties. Plus the age gap between them and the Casiraghis is likely a factor. Now that they are older, perhaps we'll see them more. Especially Pauline....since she is likely the next Grimaldi/Kelly to take a stab at the Olympics, and will be serving as President of the Jury (like her mother) of the «New Generation» 1ère Compétition de Cirque pour de Jeunes Artistes, a competition similar to the International Circus Festival, only for young artists. The first event will take place from 3 to 5 February 2012 in the Chapiteau de Fontvieille in Monaco, right after the Original Circus Festival takes place. Louis seems more of the private type. Camille too, plus Camille has no chance in ever inheriting the throne unless the laws change again. I forsee in the next generation of Grimaldis that the Casiraghi's will take over the Rose Ball and Princess Grace Foundation-USA Gala and the Ducruets will take over the Red Cross Gala, along with the De Massy crowd. And the future children of Albert and Charlene will be busy running the pricipality and will serve as figureheads to their cousins organizations.

Yes they must parcitpate more in evnets

I can't see any need for anyone who is not an HSH Prince or Princess of Monaco to participate in official events. If Albert & Charlene have children over time it will become even less relevent to see a Casiraghi or a Ducruet at an event.

I can't see any need for anyone who is not an HSH Prince or Princess of Monaco to participate in official events. If Albert & Charlene have children over time it will become even less relevent to see a Casiraghi or a Ducruet at an event.

Completely agree. :)

I also voted "no" because I would not like them to be under so much media scrutinity.The gossip papers would certainly not respect their private lifes at all and I´m glad that they were not pushed into the limelight by their parents.Of course I hope that they are interested in royal duties,charity,environmental issues etc. but they can also support the causes they feel most passionate about without attending charity parties with too many paparazzi and celebrity types...they have good connections and a name they can use to promote good causes if they want to,they can raise money,sign petitions,write letters and much much more....when they are older & more mature they can still decide to have a different lifestyle and appear more in the media IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom