World Music Awards - 2003, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galisteo

World Music Awards

Last edited by a moderator:
Polfoto 11-10-2003 © Bruno Bebert/ABACA. 51074-41 Monaco, 11/10/2003. Anna Kournikova, Prince Albert of Monaco & Heidi Klum attend the party organized by the Prince Albert of Monaco for the Monaco World Music Awards.

Attachments

• albert_1.jpg
    albert_1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 406
  • albert_2.jpg
    albert_2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 376
  • albert_3.jpg
    albert_3.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 303
  • albert_4.jpg
    albert_4.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 484
www.hellomagazine.com

Monaco Hits a High Note as Stars Turn Out for Music Awards

13 OCTOBER 2003
Prince Albert of Monaco played host to some of the music industry's biggest stars on Saturday, as the annual World Music Awards were staged in Monte Carlo.

The Monegasque royal dined with Pink and Heidi Klum at a lavish dinner in the Hotel De Paris, before the gongs were handed out.

The prestigious Diamond Award, which is reserved for artists who have sold over 100 million records, went to Mariah Carey. "I'm really honoured, it's a great award to be able to collect," said the singer.

Tennis star Anna Kournikova hosted the event with a little help from British actor Rupert Everett. And the 22-year-old, who was dressed in an ankle-length Versace gown, revealed that she may be turning her back on the court for good. "Acting and presenting are definitely things I enjoy doing," said the blonde athlete, who has been beset by injury problems.

"I'd love to appear in something like Sex And The City or Friends. I get offered lots of those sort of jobs but I've never had time to pursue them because of my tennis." The Moscow-born star, who now lives in Florida with boyfriend Enrique Iglesias, told reporters she will decide whether to quit the game in January.

After the prizegiving the revellers moved on to Jimmy'z nightclub, where they partied into the small hours. Among the big names were Macy Gray, 50 Cent and Kill Bill star Vivica Fox.

www.hellomagazine.com - Rupert Everett and Jade Jagger.

www.hellomagazine.com - Model Heidi Klum.

www.hellomagazine.com - Mariah Carey accepts an award.

www.hellomagazine.com - Model Anna Kournikova.

www.ibl.se - Heidi Klum WORLD MUSIC AWARDS, MONTE CARLO, MONACO - 12 OCT 2003

www.ibl.se - Nadja Auermann, Prince Albert and Kristanna Loken WORLD MUSIC AWARDS, MONTE CARLO, MONACO - 12 OCT 2003

www.ibl.se - Nadja Auermann WORLD MUSIC AWARDS, MONTE CARLO, MONACO - 12 OCT 2003

www.ibl.se - Mariah Carey WORLD MUSIC AWARDS, MONTE CARLO, MONACO - 12 OCT 2003

www.ibl.se - Anna Kournikova WORLD MUSIC AWARDS, MONTE CARLO, MONACO - 12 OCT 2003

Attachments

• MO_albert_508w.jpg
    MO_albert_508w.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 485
  • rupert_everett.jpg
    rupert_everett.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 484
  • heidi.jpg
    heidi.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 503
  • mariah_carey.jpg
    mariah_carey.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,394
  • anna.jpg
    anna.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 466
  • heidi_klum.jpg
    heidi_klum.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 453
  • MO_albert_513.jpg
    MO_albert_513.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 475
  • nadja.jpg
    nadja.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 470
  • 431699ac.jpg
    431699ac.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 780
  • anna.jpg
    anna.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 518
www.ibl.se - BLU CANTRELL WORLD MUSIC AWARDS, MONTE CARLO, MONACO - 12 OCT 2003

www.ibl.se - JADE JAGGER WORLD MUSIC AWARDS, MONTE CARLO, MONACO - 12 OCT 2003

Imagine Scandinavia - Monaco. Prince Albert at the Winners-Photocall at World Music Awards 2003 in Sporting in Monte Carlo, Monaco

Imagine Scandinavia - Monaco. Prince Albert at the Winners-Photocall at World Music Awards 2003 in Sporting in Monte Carlo, Monaco

Imagine Scandinavia - Julio Iglesias the Winners-Photocall at World Music Awards 2003 in Sporting in Monte Carlo, Monaco.

www.ibl.se - Albert of Monaco 10/11/2003. Opening coktail of the World music awards in Monaco.

www.ibl.se - Maria Carey and Albert of Monaco. 10/11/2003. Opening coktail of the World music awards in Monaco.

www.ibl.se - Maria Carey and Albert of Monaco. 10/11/2003. Opening coktail of the World music awards in Monaco.

Attachments

• blu.jpg
    blu.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 491
  • jade.jpg
    jade.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 500
  • MO_albert_513a.jpg
    MO_albert_513a.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 326
  • MO_albert_513b.jpg
    MO_albert_513b.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 430
  • julio.jpg
    julio.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 288
  • MO_albert_508r.jpg
    MO_albert_508r.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 485
  • 745443_09.jpg
    745443_09.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 488
  • MO_albert_508s.jpg
    MO_albert_508s.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 481
WHAT was Mariah Carey wearing? Does she not realize she forgot the rest of her outfit?

does anyone know if prince albert has a girlfriend and does anyone have any olympic pics to add..jen

I only saw 20 minutes of the World Music Awards. I didn't know that it was going to be aired today, on the WB network, at 5:00 pm eastern time :( Normally, it comes on the ABC network. In all my years of watching the the World Music Awards, this years show was very unconventional. It was much more entertaining and a bit wild. For instance, there was a scantily clad woman (in a bikini) who sensuously danced in a huge Champagne glass.

The best part of the show (in my opinion) was seeing Albert dance to rapper 50 Cents song "In Da Club." I love Albert and Stephanie, they're both so down-to-earth and cool!

Hello,

I live in Arlington, Virginia. On Saturday, around 5:40 p.m. eastern time, I was flipping through the channels on my television. As I was flipping, I saw part of Albert's face. I immediately flipped back to the channel I saw him on. Then, I saw Mariah Carey. I knew then that it was the World Music Awards. My immediate reaction was shock. I couldn't believe it was on. Especially, on the WB network. The timing was horrible. It may have started around 4:00 p.m. eastern time because it finished at 6:00 p.m. eastern time. I was left confused. I didn't understand why it wasn't on the ABC network. Anyway, after watching the last 20 minutes of it, I noticed that this years show was a bit raunchy. ABC is a family network so maybe that's why they chose not to air it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know when/what date this year's World Music Awards 2005 will be airing, and on what station?

Sorry I don't but I hope they are back in Monte Carlo where they belong with class which last years lacked.

Last edited:
mariah carey needs a lot of help with getting dress. why is it that when women with a beautiful face, nice body. feels the need to degrade themselves with barely dressing? what is up with that? it is so awful, what ever happen to classic dresses, gloves, and just plan looking good. plz leave something to guy's imagination dont just bare it all. one of these award shows, some dizzy model or star will show up dress in nothing but earrings because that is were they are going with the way they are dressing now-
oh well, i'm off my soap box

does no one have any thoughts on this matter? anyone...anyone...

Its called freedom of speech what you wear speaks. Class isn't in style right now. You don't see woman wearing gloves much anymore. And good luck trying to find them in a regular store as handkerchiefs for woman. Hope I don't get in trouble for this post.

Do you think what people wear at award ceremonies like The World Music Awards is decided by the wearer or by someone advising them?

...and yes, I too do hope The World Music Awards return to Monaco. It's the best place for them.

freedom from what lady m has said i have to think that someone is telling them what to wear. it would be nice to have someone do something different for a change-

I heard on the radio a short time ago the WMA's were last night. Destiny's Child won some and the snooze turned off I didn't get the rest. If anyone here in the States hears anything please post it. Thanks

2005 World Music Awards August 31, 2005 - Kodak Theatre
Los Angeles, CA USA

RADKER18 said:
2005 World Music Awards August 31, 2005 - Kodak Theatre
Los Angeles, CA USA
Okay so it is no longer being held in Monaco under Albert's Patronage? Thanks then I guess I don't need to watch it again last year stunk.

Sophistication and class

Lady MacAlpine wrote this some while ago
Class isn't in style right now. You don't see woman wearing gloves much anymore. And good luck trying to find them in a regular store as handkerchiefs for woman. Hope I don't get in trouble for this post.

Lady MacAlpine I agree with you 100%. The world needs more sophistication and class. Let's put the gloves back on. Could you or anyone inform me whether it was customary to wear gloves in the summer as in winter. I can imagen that it is better to wear gloves when you are dancing with a guy in a white dinner jacket, or his shoulder will have a dirty mark. Prince Albert always wears a white dinner jacket at the Red Cross ball in August. What do you think?

Regards
Donna

Donna said:
Lady MacAlpine wrote this some while ago

Lady MacAlpine I agree with you 100%. The world needs more sophistication and class. Let's put the gloves back on. Could you or anyone inform me whether it was customary to wear gloves in the summer as in winter. I can imagen that it is better to wear gloves when you are dancing with a guy in a white dinner jacket, or his shoulder will have a dirty mark. Prince Albert always wears a white dinner jacket at the Red Cross ball in August. What do you think?

Regards
Donna

For all those State side the WMA's will air September 13, 2005 on ABC.

Long gloves with a short sleeve of sleeveless dress is proper. Shorter gloves with sleeves. I did notice at Rainier's funeral that while Rainier, Albert and Caroline wore gloves at Grace's funeral Albert didn't at his father only his sisters.

20th Century Glove Etiquette

Definite Don'ts
Don't ever appear in public without gloves.
Don't eat, drink, or smoke with gloves on.
Don't play cards with gloves on.
Don't apply makeup with gloves on.
Don't wear jewelry over gloves, with the exception of bracelets.
Don't make a habit of carrying your gloves ~ they should be considered an integral part of your costume.
Don't wear short gloves to a very gala ball, court presentation or 'White Tie' affair at the White House or in honor of a celebrity.
Definite Do's
Do wear gloves when you go shopping, visiting, driving; and for outdoor festivities such as garden parties, receptions.
Do wear gloves as a mark of respect in a place of worship.
Do wear gloves for formal indoor occasions: receptions, balls, and on arrival at a luncheon or dinner party.
Do keep gloves on in a receiving line.
Do keep gloves on while dancing at a formal party.
Do keep gloves on at a cocktail party until the drinks and hors d'oeuvres are passed. Then turn gloves back at the wrist or remove one glove.
Do remove gloves entirely at the dining table.
Do remove gloves after your arrival at an informal party or luncheon, leaving them with your coat.
Source Gloves: Fashion and Etiquette
~ pp. 20-21 ~

Stephanie used to were them all the time but she does not anymore Caroline still wears them all the time.

RADKER18 said:
Stephanie used to were them all the time but she does not anymore Caroline still wears them all the time.
Honestly I don't think they are stylish as they were once considered to be. I don't see them in fashion magizines like I use to. I've been looking at Vogue since the mid 1960's as a child when Mom brought them home. They talk about today's fashions like at the WMA's showing so much. Let me tell you I recall the fashions in Vogue back then they couldn't have paid me a million dollars to wear some of that in the magizine muchless have my photograph taken in them. The makeup and hair they looked like the guys in the group Kiss.

The other day I was looking for something and was watching my video's from the WMA's I recorded over the years saw a few things only never figured out why the State's stopped showing them when recorded in Monaco. Does anyone know why they stopped doing them in Monaco?

I was watching an Entertainment News show last night, and they were talking about the World Music Awards. Why isn't the show held in Monaco anymore? Does anyone know? I remember it was for years and years and Stephanie and Albert were the hosts. This year it was hosted by James Denton (Desperate housewives) and someone else - can't remember who. I was wondering if they are going to rotate the show to different locations around the world and if this was one of the reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom