What is missing from Monaco?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree .... in a show-biz setting that Monaco is ..... a *normal* family barely has a chance of existing.

I think Monaco went downhill after the passing of Her Serene Highness Princess Grace. Before, all the attention was focused on her, and now in her absence, all is focused on the ills in that family.

Too bad, all in all. Every-one suffers.
Too bad for Princess Stephanie, that she seems to be prevented from having independence.
Too bad for Prince Albert, that he seems to have decided to hold-off from marriage (btw, is he a mama's boy?).
Too bad for Princess Caroline, that she has been thrust into the "First Lady's" role.

IMO, Monaco royal family is just normal like any other. The difference is that they are under microscope.

I don’t see what is wrong with Caroline being first lady, IMO she is doing good job. Albert is man as any other and he has right to decide when to marry. HE has difficult job to do, to find the love of his life and the first lady of Monaco. Remember, his wife will marry not only Albert but also Monaco and all responsibility that come with it.

I find it interesting that Albert could be called a Mamma's boy. Most sources say that Albert was almost entirely reared by Rainier after he was 2. He was actually kept away from Grace most of the time as Rainier didn't want him to become soft and coddled. He was to depend on Rainier for his needs not Grace. One wonders if this may be why Albert is the only normalish one of the children. Grace actually had to ask Rainier to see Albert. When she moved to Paris with the girls she wanted to take Albert and Rainier forbade this.

I find it interesting that Albert could be called a Mamma's boy. Most sources say that Albert was almost entirely reared by Rainier after he was 2. He was actually kept away from Grace most of the time as Rainier didn't want him to become soft and coddled. He was to depend on Rainier for his needs not Grace. One wonders if this may be why Albert is the only normalish one of the children. Grace actually had to ask Rainier to see Albert. When she moved to Paris with the girls she wanted to take Albert and Rainier forbade this.

Lalla Meriem  Posted: May 25th, 2004 - 10:07 pm

Albert was almost entirely reared by Rainier after he was 2. He was actually kept away from Grace most of the time as Rainier didn't want him to become soft and coddled. He was to depend on Rainier for his needs not Grace.
Now ... that is something else.

From earlier comments elsewhere, it could be suggested that Albert doesn't like women. Now, I wonder if Albert picked up on his Father's likes and dislikes. If it could be argued that Albert doesn't like women, you mean to say Rainier doesn't like women ?

I certainly think both Albert and his father like women a LOT. I just think that Albert isn't used to being taken care of by a women so he doesn't feel that he "needs" a women.

The affection between Grace and Albert was always there. They loved each other very much and spent much time together when he was older. He has her on an incredible pedastal that will difficult for any women to compete with.

He was almost married 2 times and they were, by his own admission, scared off by the postion and the publicity.

This is an interesting question which has many possible answers.

I think the coverage Princess Stephanie garners tarnishes the image of the family. Everyone is so upset that Crown Prince Felipe married a "divorcee". Stephanie has done so much worse than Letizia. I know Stephanie has the right to live her own life, but she has made some awful decisions such as having affairs with the palace servants--did she really think this wouldn't get into the newspapers?? I think much of Stephanie's troubles began with the death of her mother and she is still floundering--it is sad.

Albert is still not married, and I think this makes Rainier upset. I seriously doubt Albert will marry--he is much like Prince Charles on this subject. If Charles had his way, he would never have married.

Princess Caroline has much to deal with in her current husband Prince Ernst. While he made her a royal highness, it has been reported that Ernst has a volatile temper.

This all makes for a very interesting family!

Originally posted by renats@May 12th, 2004 - 1:09 am
I think that personal image is more important to Monaco than to the other royal families. Tourism is a very big deal for the country and they have to show beautiful(literally) images of the country and of themselves.

The problem with the Grimaldis is that they have a lot more potential than they use.

Let me talk a little about the 2 things that I was reffering when I said the word "beautiful".

Right now, the "looker" in the family is definetelly Charlotte. And imo, she is NO WAY, NO HOW, the one with the natural good looks in the family. Stephanie and Andrea do not take advantage of their natural beauty. Stephanie is 39. She's not that old! If the 2 of them took more care of their appearence and were knowed for their ability to dress, they could bring a lot of fascination to Monaco. With the others being the supporters, also having to take care of their appearence more. Not even the kids are looking as good as they could(ok, let's excuse Pauline of this one because her "problem" is a health treatment).

The second thing are the beautiful pictures. During "Grace's time", a lot of amazing pictures were produced and liberated to the press(whether they gave or sold them it's another story). From the past, we have amazing christmans cards, pictures of them preparing their christmans, great official pictures, pictures of them having fun in the gardens of the palace, playing games inside, in roc angel, during vacations, posing for unformal pictures in all of those places and a lot more. What do we have from the present? With a few exceptions, we only have pictures taken in events and paparazzi stuff. How is THAT going to fascinate people?
Well put!

My 2 cents:

-Albert needs to find a wife - a suitable one and if the one he has now is suitable then he needs to get on it and make her his wife.... LOL! I believe she is an American pole volter? Her name is Alisha Wylistck?

-Andrea needs to clean up his play boy act, and be the man that he most likely will one day become.... (that is if Albert doesn't marry and provide heirs)

of course there is more where all this came from.

Originally posted by chanel+May 28th, 2004 - 12:46 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chanel @ May 28th, 2004 - 12:46 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-renats@May 12th, 2004 - 1:09 am
I think that personal image is more important to Monaco than to the other royal families. Tourism is a very big deal for the country and they have to show  beautiful(literally) images of the country and of themselves.

The problem with the Grimaldis is that they have a lot more potential than they use.

Let me talk a little about the 2 things that I was reffering when I said the word "beautiful".

Right now, the "looker" in the family is definetelly Charlotte. And imo, she is NO WAY, NO HOW, the one with the natural good looks in the family. Stephanie and Andrea do not take advantage of their natural beauty. Stephanie is 39. She's not that old! If the 2 of them took more care of their appearence and were knowed for their ability to dress, they could bring a lot of fascination to Monaco. With the others being the supporters, also having to take care of their appearence more. Not even the kids are looking as good as they could(ok, let's excuse Pauline of this one because her "problem" is a health treatment).

The second thing are the beautiful pictures. During "Grace's time", a lot of amazing pictures were produced and liberated to the press(whether they gave or sold them it's another story). From the past, we have amazing christmans cards, pictures of them preparing their christmans, great official pictures, pictures of them having fun in the gardens of the palace, playing games inside, in roc angel, during vacations, posing for unformal pictures in all of those places and a lot more. What do we have from the present? With a few exceptions, we only have pictures taken in events and paparazzi stuff. How is THAT going to fascinate people?
Well put! [/b][/quote]
Absolutely! ;)

Originally posted by kloss+May 28th, 2004 - 11:06 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kloss @ May 28th, 2004 - 11:06 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by chanel@May 28th, 2004 - 12:46 am
<!--QuoteBegin-renats
@May 12th, 2004 - 1:09 am
I think that personal image is more important to Monaco than to the other royal families. Tourism is a very big deal for the country and they have to show  beautiful(literally) images of the country and of themselves.

Well put!
Absolutely! ;) [/b][/quote]
Thank you both :flower: !

Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@May 26th, 2004 - 12:21 pm
He was almost married 2 times and they were, by his own admission, scared off by the postion and the publicity.
Is that right? Do you know something more about those women?

Albert’s wife has to be strong, the press can eat her and Albert knows that, he’s smart.

This seems to be a really interesting topic.

Could it be that there's something missing in Monaco?
Or, would there be anything missing if Albert wont marry and build a family?

Well, I think Monaco is well off with the princely family it has. And I also think that all members of this family are full members, meaning -> Caroline's and Stephanie's children are members of the Princely Family. Did Caroline ever say she doesn't want hers to take official duties and to represent Monaco?
I don't think so? Plus, why then would she take Andrea, Pierre, Cherlotte, Alexandra and even Christian and Ernsti to participate in official functions? She always did that!

I agree that there's some contredictory bahviour as well with Stephanie.
She said only recently that she doesn't want her kids to be exposed - but she always took them to attend the Circus Festival , sitting in the official loge. They also joined her for some charity duties in hospitals or cultural duties at museum expos. Then she did allow them to make an appearance in that TV show with their father ( knowing that people are only interested in their princely status etc.)
She once said in an interview (2002) that she doesn't mind photos being taken so much but she hates those pervy stories that are written about her. ... the photos are okay as long as the photogs are not standing in her kids way.

So what now? They are full members of the princely family, but ... what?
This is the question which is running in my mind for a long time - next time I cross her way I'll have to find out. :confused:
Point is: I think she's not so sure about it herself - and it must be the same with Caro - they want some of it and some they don't - well it's only human but kind of contredictory too.

' Hey Seb, is that some critique? Are you really critizising Steph? '
(my alter ego :p:D;))
Well, seems like it , yes ;):eek:

hrhcp said:
Now ... that is something else.

From earlier comments elsewhere, it could be suggested that Albert doesn't like women. Now, I wonder if Albert picked up on his Father's likes and dislikes. If it could be argued that Albert doesn't like women, you mean to say Rainier doesn't like women ?

I think Albert likes women alright as the more than sufficient evidence proves.;) :rolleyes: :eek:

Something is missing in Monaco

I have been a fan of this family for many years. After I found this site and viewed all the spectacular official pics and private pics of the PR,PG,PA,PC,PS and their events. PR & PG really changed the perception of this country and being accepted by other royals.

Now we have PA. I am not saying he is doing a bad job maybe I'm just missing the magic PR & PG had.

I know we have PC and PS and their children- if PA was married and had his legitimate heirs. The " look" of the family would be quiet diffrent

Not taking anything away from beautiful PC and the hard work she puts in, but.. I dont know,, Im rambling on.....

HRHDUKESTANCIL said:
I have been a fan of this family for many years. After I found this site and viewed all the spectacular official pics and private pics of the PR,PG,PA,PC,PS and their events. PR & PG really changed the perception of this country and being accepted by other royals.

Now we have PA. I am not saying he is doing a bad job maybe I'm just missing the magic PR & PG had.

I know we have PC and PS and their children- if PA was married and had his legitimate heirs. The " look" of the family would be quiet diffrent

Not taking anything away from beautiful PC and the hard work she puts in, but.. I dont know,, Im rambling on.....

I didn't know this thread existed but I'm glad it does. What is missing is the glamour that Grace brought to Monaco, the warmth she generated and the leadership of Rainier. They were a brilliant team. Princess Caroline continues to bring glamour and works enormously hard at her job. Taking over from her Mother was not easy but she is filling a void - One that Albert should have filled with a wife long ago. When he first took office the siblings appeared united now they appear not to be, and judging by the many comments posted here and elsewhere, Albert's long absences from his country have left the citizens feeling deserted by their leader. The many turnover's in his Gov. do not help this image. I wish nothing but the best for Monaco as I so admired Princess Grace.

i agree hibou, the glamour and fairytale aspect is missing, with a prince not garnering much respect, his playboy lifestyle, bad taste in official companion, and long absences whats to admire. i wish he'd step down and let caroline and her children take over, that way he can disappear, chase skirts all over the world and monaco can get some good publicity for a change. i don't consider the tabloids made up stories of his love for charlene blah blah blah good publicity, since it all looks so fake, like it's a plan with the palace to push her on the public and make us accept her. he needs to get a clue-NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, she's not suitable in anyway, form or fashion. i think Caroline been doing the heavy lifting since her mother died, i greatly admire her, albert on the other hand.......

bbb said:
i agree hibou, the glamour and fairytale aspect is missing, with a prince not garnering much respect, his playboy lifestyle, bad taste in official companion, and long absences whats to admire. i wish he'd step down and let caroline and her children take over, that way he can disappear, chase skirts all over the world and monaco can get some good publicity for a change. i don't consider the tabloids made up stories of his love for charlene blah blah blah good publicity, since it all looks so fake, like it's a plan with the palace to push her on the public and make us accept her. he needs to get a clue-NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, she's not suitable in anyway, form or fashion. i think Caroline been doing the heavy lifting since her mother died, i greatly admire her, albert on the other hand.......
As usual bbb you are right on the money about Caro-

I definitely agree that the magic that Prince Rainier and Princess Grace had is what is currently missing. I'm really surprised that Prince Albert hasn't married. I think now at this point he has created a very tough position for his bride(if he ever marries one). The shift of attention falls mostly on Prince Albert currently but there was a time when there was more of a balance like before he became Sovereign. I think it would have been much easier for his wife to come into the family back many years ago and get used to the job she will have as the wife of a sovereign prince. Especially since she has to follow in the footsteps of Grace. I think at this current time the position has become almost too big for anyone. But who knows maybe someone extra amazing will come along eventually.

Monaco's cultural dimensions

Monaco is missing vast new cultural dimensions.A renaissance in discovering great ballet dancers and creating troupes of outstanding stature. They need to preserve anything related to Rainier and Grace and establish chairs in their names at their university or school of fine arts.
For Grace's memory they should have already established a drama school in her name as a tribute this year and for Rainier a school for architects.
Pa could establish the first school for a environmental studies with a different "green"dimension to it.
I think they have too much emphasis on charity work regarding children.
Steph's idea with Aids is fantastic.
I think they should assist the elderly[senior citizens] by initiative.
The Ralph Cowan portrait of Grace in white should be made smaller and sold with frame and many of her things copied; jewellery clothes in patterns and sold worldwide.while preserving the originals.
Finally I think the definitive perfume should be made for Grace -do contact me I have the definitive idea& title that would generate millions for the PGF so they would not have to auction off her things but renew her immortal image.& that of Monaco.
Just the tip of the iceberg.....

Last edited:
I agree that Monaco is missing stability and glamour that Princess Grace brought to the family. When I say stability, I'm refering to Prince Albert marrying, producing an heir and continuing the line of sucession. Unfortunately I think this will be a very difficult task for PA. Whomever he chooses will be faced with constant comparisons with his mother & sisters in all areas, plus be willing to take on the publicity, duties & religion (can he marry a non-catholic?) that go with the role of First Lady.

bbb said:
I agree with you. I think Albert would a better honorary editor of Playboy magazine than a figurehead of a country. He certainly is an expert in playboyhood.

What a great question.
If I may answer: It's missing an intelligent, serious and mature Prince!
JMO

royal pauper said:
What a great question.
If I may answer: It's missing an intelligent, serious and mature Prince!
JMO

Ahh! Somebody had the courage to say what I didn't have the courage to say. I agree and I would take it one step further "a serious, mature, and respectable Royal Family." Sorry, but this family bothers me from time to time. With the exception of Caroline I think that Albert and Stephanie are not exactly what I would think of as high caliber/respectable royals. Only my opinion!

What's Missing?

A Serene Highness The Princess of Monaco.

He needs a wife to produce his heir and spare. This is what Monaco missing. He is very difficult in these struggles of doing his duty and marrying his love of his life. We have to wait and see.

The Princesses Of Monaco

Yes, if you look back in time its always been the " PRINCESSES OF MONACO" that sustained the dynasty

Princess Alice- an american who bought culture to the realm
Princess Caroline- she had the idea of a casino back into the 1800's
Princess Grace- we all know the story :)
Princess Charollotte- she bore Rainier- even though she hated her husband that was chosen for her
Another princess whose name escapes me, that was hung and her was hair cut off or something

That was 5 generations of princesses that did remarkable things - Monaco always needed a princess for something. What is Albert is thinking he is stil lacting like he is 21 years old. yea Andrea is handsome-- has ever entered University? Military?----I WANT A ROYAL WEDDING!!!!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom