What is missing from Monaco?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to say that Albert must feel doubly happy because, by way of Caroline's return to the fold, he now has his Princesse de Monaco back again, thus sharing many of his representational duties !

No doubt.:) I think Albert should marry for one reason only, his own happiness--not out of duty!

Caroline has played this role for a long time, and she seems pretty comfortable with that now. If Albert finds someone that he might really want to marry one day, I'm sure she would be just fine with that too.:flowers:

I agree, Caroline has no need to play second fiddle to anyone. She's her own woman and has many strings to her bow.

Sorry about the musical allusions...

Dignity, Discretion, and Discriminating Tastes

I don't think there is necessarily anything lacking in Monaco. But in the ruling family, it is another story.

For all three of the royal Monagasques - Albert, Caroline, & Stephanie - what is lacking is those three "D's":

Each of them has conceived/borne children out of wedlock, chosen partners of questionable character, and (even with all the good they may do or have done) behaved in a manner that highlights the worst of being born priveleged.

I don't know any of them, haven't met any of them, and willingly admit my knowledge of them is very limited (most coming from media reports and forums such as this). But in terms of admirable people among the world of royalty whom I admire..none of the children of Rainier and Grace would make my list. In fact, and I know this is only highlighting the worst of their lives, they seem no better than the celebutantes/Paris Hilton's of the world.

Albert - fathering at least 2 children (if not more) out of wedlock (soooo stupid when contraception is available) and then choosing to have little or nothing to do with them (even though he may pay their way, that is a deadbeat dad in my book)

Caroline - getting pregnant by your supposed good friend's husband while they are still married. Even if they are having trouble in their married life, there are lots of words for a woman who makes the same choices Caroline did, none of them polite. And now that EA is apparently behaving true to form and screwing around on Caroline, can't say I have much sympathy for her.

Stephanie - I'm sorry that she has faced tragedy in her life...but IMO there is something inherently wrong with her mentally/emotionally. Soooo desparate that she got pregnant not once, but twice (!) by two different men. Not to mention the many others she more than likely slept with.

The entire family is like a pack of wild animals that can't control their libidos. For me, their behavior demonstrates that all the money, power, and supposedly sophisticated upbringing can't guarantee the dignity and elegance that many people who don't have the same advantages demonstrate every day of their lives.

Albert - fathering at least 2 children (if not more) out of wedlock (soooo stupid when contraception is available) and then choosing to have little or nothing to do with them (even though he may pay their way, that is a deadbeat dad in my book)

Just to point out, even if all three types of contraception is used, accidents can happen. We have no idea if contraception was used, or if the woman said they were "protected" and they just wanted a kid.

We also have no idea what contact he has with his children, he may speak to them every single day. He may ignore them and just send a check every month.

Just to point out, even if all three types of contraception is used, accidents can happen. We have no idea if contraception was used, or if the woman said they were "protected" and they just wanted a kid.

We also have no idea what contact he has with his children, he may speak to them every single day. He may ignore them and just send a check every month.

I agree that he may have contact with his children, but - as I said before - I can only address what I know through my own limited knowledge. In media reports (knowing how "reliable" they are) up until her graduation from high school (and maybe not even then if ever) Albert had not met his daughter.

Also, re: your first statement...I agree, we have no way of knowing. I would still say that a prince who is next in line to the throne of his country used extremely poor judgement if he used no protection or if he trusted anyone else telling him they were using protection. Accidents happen with birth control pills, IUD's, condoms...of course. The only one of those that Albert could control and have any level of trust would be condoms. The fact that he fathered two children out-of-wedlock makes it highly unlikely that he took such precautions as the probability of two accidents with two condoms with two different women and the same one man is so astronomically small as to be miraculous. If nothing else, I highly doubt Albert's children are "miracle" births.

I agree that he may have contact with his children, but - as I said before - I can only address what I know through my own limited knowledge. In media reports (knowing how "reliable" they are) up until her graduation from high school (and maybe not even then if ever) Albert had not met his daughter.

Also, re: your first statement...I agree, we have no way of knowing. I would still say that a prince who is next in line to the throne of his country used extremely poor judgement if he used no protection or if he trusted anyone else telling him they were using protection. Accidents happen with birth control pills, IUD's, condoms...of course. The only one of those that Albert could control and have any level of trust would be condoms. The fact that he fathered two children out-of-wedlock makes it highly unlikely that he took such precautions as the probability of two accidents with two condoms with two different women and the same one man is so astronomically small as to be miraculous. If nothing else, I highly doubt Albert's children are "miracle" births.

You never know, those two might be the only kids he ever has. ;)

I was just pointing out the other side to the coin.
Like I said, it doesn't have to be Albert that made the mistake of not using protection, if the woman wanted the children and told Albert they were protected, when they weren't. It's not his fault. :)

Fact check-he met Jazmin in 2005, on a Christmas trip to Monaco with her mother. Her high school graduation, last month he DID NOT (or presumably anyway-there were no photos of him at any of the events and given he was in Sweden the day before, it's doubtful he attended) attend.

Rainier was known as the ''builder prince'' because during his reign Monaco had a very high level of development.And now his children are grown,settled,loved by their people,they occupy themselves with conferences,galas,charities(Stephanie's work for Fight Aids,Caroline's work at AMADE,etc).Not to mention the puplicity they always have(possitive and negative)..They are surely very glamorous..So i really don't think that something is missing from Monaco.:ermm:

Fact check-he met Jazmin in 2005, on a Christmas trip to Monaco with her mother. Her high school graduation, last month he DID NOT (or presumably anyway-there were no photos of him at any of the events and given he was in Sweden the day before, it's doubtful he attended) attend.

Hi, Thtregoddess. Thanks for the info. I thought I had read that he may have met Jazmin (still it was in 2005...kind of LOOOONNNNGG wait), but wasn't sure if I imagined it.

Wow, Lumutqueen...wouldn't that be something if Albert and Charlene enjoy a wonderlife of wedded bliss...childless. That would make for an interesting discussion for all of us in a few years LOL!

Like I said, it doesn't have to be Albert that made the mistake of not using protection, if the woman wanted the children and told Albert they were protected, when they weren't. It's not his fault. :)

Don't mean to be argumentative on this issue, but if either of the mothers had said in the media that Albert told them he was using protection, would you say it wasn't their fault if they got pregnant?

My point is that his 1st mistake was not using protection (EVEN if they said they were). His second (and in my mind bigger mistake) was believing them. A man in his position is irresponsible for believing them when they say they are protected. I wonder if his accountant tells him everything is fine and all of his money is protected and he just believes the accountant.

Hi, Thtregoddess. Thanks for the info. I thought I had read that he may have met Jazmin (still it was in 2005...kind of LOOOONNNNGG wait), but wasn't sure if I imagined it.

Wow, Lumutqueen...wouldn't that be something if Albert and Charlene enjoy a wonderlife of wedded bliss...childless. That would make for an interesting discussion for all of us in a few years LOL!

Don't mean to be argumentative on this issue, but if either of the mothers had said in the media that Albert told them he was using protection, would you say it wasn't their fault if they got pregnant?

My point is that his 1st mistake was not using protection (EVEN if they said they were). His second (and in my mind bigger mistake) was believing them. A man in his position is irresponsible for believing them when they say they are protected. I wonder if his accountant tells him everything is fine and all of his money is protected and he just believes the accountant.

No problem...I think he had been privately giving her financial support over the years, but had never actually met her until then, and even then it was through his lawyer. And I agree-13 years is a long time to wait.

No problem...I think he had been privately giving her financial support over the years, but had never actually met her until then, and even then it was through his lawyer. And I agree-13 years is a long time to wait.

Actually, since you gave me the information, perhaps you can answer a question it brought up for me. When they met I assume it was in the United States or some other "neutral" area. Has Jazmin ever been to Monaco?

As previously stated in other threads, we don't know what type of relationship Albert has with Jazmin and Alexandre. Unless someone has proof (i.e. recent pictures) of Albert with Jazmin and/or Alexandre, we are NOT going to discuss the relationship (or lack of one) that Albert has with his children here.

Zonk
Monaco Moderator

The Souvreign Prince's own family is missing. Albert has sisters, nephews and nieces, but he needs his own family. And it seems he's going for it with his upcoming wedding.

# 223 Sustav -

Class and dignity are a good starting point. These two could conceivably be supplied by Princess Caroline, but who else could?

The Principality is in the same boat as most countries - money rules ok.
Class and dignity are regarded as an extra.

What's missing from Monaco? Class and dignity come to mind:sad:
Monaco is probably just the way the citizens want it. Monaco is and will always be different from other places. It is an enclave for the rich and well to do. If someone doesn't like the place - don't follow what is going on.

Monaco is probably just the way the citizens want it. Monaco is and will always be different from other places. It is an enclave for the rich and well to do. If someone doesn't like the place - don't follow what is going on.

Not looking to argue, but isn't this a discussion forum? If I am wrong, please inform me.

In two other threads the super moderator posted a strong (not harsh, just strong) saying we would not be discussing Prince Albert's relationships with his children. I can respect that and look forward to a thread on the good/bad parenting skills of Albert and other royal parents. If it never materializes, I accept that.

But that directive smells of censorship. Your post, grevinnan, is a valid point which I can agree with...until you tell the other poster "If someone doesn't like th place - don't follow what is going on." Many of us have our favorite royals and royal families which we may choose to criticize or not. I personally like the Swedish royals and follow them the most. When others have criticized any of them, I may not agree but I don't post a response telling them to keep their opinions to themselves or to not follow the Swedes.

I actually welcome differing opinions because it may inform me of information I previously had wrong or wasn't aware of, or it helps me to look at my own opinion, why I feel/think/believe the way I do, and affords me the opportunity to change that opinion or validates it for me.

Again, I hope that you and others don't see this as an argument. I only have concerns about the chilling effect on discourse in this forum.

Feel free to disagree with me, feel free to express that, you may feel that my opinion is wrong - but please don't tell me that my opinion is unwelcome.

Rascal, I'm sure you are as welcome as anyone, here in TRF.

Personally I haven't been aware of outright censorship. If I had, I wouldn't be here...

I look forward to more contributions from you because you write well !

Thanks for the response and compliment Renata. I agree with you that there hasn't been to my knowledge censorship per se in the forums. In fact, I think that Zonk and the other moderators do an outstanding job of keeping it all together, LOL. I only make the point because the statement was made on more than one thread and implied that criticism of Monaco royals could not include discussion of the known/unknown details of Albert's relationship or lack of relationship with his out-of-wedlock children. That is not necessarily censorship, but other, particularly newer, posters may read that and feel like they shouldn't post at all for fear that their opinion will be invalid..which in MY OPINION (lol) is not the case!

At any rate...happy posting to all!!!! :lol:

I think the moderators have to be careful as to what is being said. PC loves to sue the press. I don't know how they treat forums. Sometimes the lines are blurred between opinion and slander.

A discussion board is no different from any other gathering of people, be it at work, around the dinner table, at a club or at your boss' dinner table. There are many ways of saying that something is not to your liking without being negative. To claim that Monaco does not have class or dignity is an insult to its citizens. If someone does not care for Monaco than that is all that needs to be said "I don't care for Monaco". Once you have brought a negative tone to any conversation or discussion it takes a different turn. Being on a discussion board does not mean that one can express whatever comes to mind, not anymore than other situations in ones life.

Would anyone joins a golf discussion board if you thought the game silly and dumb? Would anyone go to a restaurant where you thought the food terrible, poorly prepared and serving stuff you do not like? Probably not. The same for any discussion board - get involved in the ones where you do not have to be negative. To express your opinions in a positive light even when you don't find something to your liking is a very usable social skill.

Monaco is a lovely place and if the people there wanted it different if would happen. They are not ruled by a dictator.

Hi, grevinnan, and thanks for responding. I obviously have given you the wrong impression about my views of Monaco - the country - which you have defended above. Please rest assured that my previous posts were perhaps answering a different question than was posed at the beginning of the thread. My assumption, as this is The Royal Forums, was that the question "What's missing in Monaco?" was specifically meant to address the royals in Monaco and that is question I answered. I don't know anyone from Monaco so I can't speak to the character of the people there. Based on everything I have read, they seem no better or worse than any other people in any other country. As far as the country itself, I have seen many photographs, film clips, and television programs and am convinced it is one of the most beautiful places in Europe. As a huge tennis fan, I watch the tournament held there every year and enjoy seeing the view from the stadium. In addition, I believe Prince Albert and his cousin, Elisabeth de Massy, are extremely effective in presenting the awards to the finalists.

In response to your suggestion of posting "I don't care for Monaco" and leave it at that, I agree one can state their position on any particular issue in this concise manner. On a discussion board, however, I have witnessed MANY postings of this nature that generate countless responses as to why the original poster felt that way. In fact, I feel that this concise posting without any supporting opinion/facts/etc. is rather empty and a disservice to a discussion board. Otherwise the moderators could just change it to nothing but a poll forum with everything being "do you like it?" or "do you not like it?".
Even your original description of this discussion board being like any other gathering of people in any other setting wouldn't fit in with your suggestion of merely stating one's pro/con on a particular person, country, issue. That is not a discussion. It is an election/poll/focus group, and has a completely different function than a group of people around the water cooler at work, around the dinner table, in an internet discussion forum.

To express your opinions in a positive light even when you don't find something to your liking is a very usable social skill.
True, but it can also be misleading, fake, dishonest, and manipulative.

Lastly, I apologize if my comments are negative to you. I try as much as possible to not make judgements about people, but rather about their actions and the choices they make. I am not anti-Monaco, anti-Albert, or anti-any of them. I sincerely wish for and hope that they all find peace and happiness. I am a spiritual person and actually said a prayer for this family (none of whom I know) when Prince Rainier died. And I honestly believe they could lead much happier, fulfilled, "positive" lives as the choices they make have resulted in some of the drama and tragedy they experience in life and therefore were preventable.

Because of my own experiences/history/prejudices I will continue to have strong feelings about infidelity/adultery/lack of parenting and about public figures who display poor behavior/attitudes. And I may choose to post an opinion that you or any other person may find negative. And if the issue is not that important to me, I will follow my own suggestion of not posting a response. But I will always welcome a disagreement with my views or a differing opinion, whether I respond or not.

The last few posts (by Rascal, Grevinnan, FanofMonaco and others) show that there is a degree of intelligent, thoughtful, stimulating and insightful posting going on, and we can be proud of this, here on TRF, I think.

Long may it continue...

Now that Monaco will get its Princess to go with its Prince, is there still anything missing from Monaco ???

A legitimate Heir. Hopefully they get busy with that this year after the wedding!

A legitimate Heir. Hopefully they get busy with that this year after the wedding!
I wonder what will happen if they have only daughters.Than could Andrea Casiraghi access to the throne?

I think under the new constitution it would go to PA's daughter. If PA has no heirs the throne would go to PC first, then Andrea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom