The Stamps Of Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a used book a while back on the history of Monaco stamps and it is one of my prizes now. I used to do a little stamp collecting but alas, none from Monaco. Thanks for posting the video:D.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

My father started to collect stamps, but really got into it when Rainier married Grace.
Their wedding gave a real boost to post-war philatelists!

Dad started me off on "Europa" stamps; in those days there were only six members of the European Economic Community, and the Monegasque ones were the most expensive ones, so I carried on collecting.

The collection now belongs to my son.

New Stamp Issue on December 10th - a very jolly design!

Monte Carlo International Circus Festival 2010
One Stamp to the value of 0.70 Euro

Theme: "The Traditional Circus in its Modernity"

Office des Emissions de Timbres Poste de Monaco

Designer: Elena Zaika

Size: 3 x 4 centimetres

Dear Friends

Wish You all the Best.

Pls feel free to ask me any information about the STAMPS OF THE PRINCIPALTY OF MONACO.

Yes H. S. H. Prince RAINIER III of MONACO was a great stamp collector and lover. He was awarded by the SMITHSONIAN INSTITUDE for his collection...

Humbly have I the honour to design stamps for the Principalty of MONACO ...
Pls see on PHILATELY at my page Sylvia Cornet, 1957 - Designer, Conceptual Artist.

Grazie Mille

Sylvia

Do they have a mailing system in Monaco? Im not trying to be funny - i love the Grimaldis and Monaco!!!!- I mean the country is tiny-- they could have a focal point where all the mail is picked up?

Dear friends

Yes : there is mail in the Principalty ; and very well done with excellence ; as all here around.
Kids are enchanted because at Xmas they also are allowed to send mail to father Santa Claus as there are big mail boxes near the sledge... And they get answered !

thanks for attention
Grazie mille

Sylvia
Sylvia Cornet, 1957 - Designer, Conceptual Artist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking ahead to Monaco's participation in the Shanghai World's Fair where the Monegasque Pavilion is 12 metres high and has a base area of two tousand square metres.

The theme of the Monaco exhibit is:
"Monaco, Past, Present, Future, challenges of the evolution of a City-State"

It will have a real racing circuit inside!

Here's a picture of their Pavilion:
Monaco promises thrilling trip through pavilion_International Participation_Shanghai World Expo

A Block has been issued, size 114 x 95 millimetres.

New issues on July 1st:

50th Anniversary of the Maritime Police of Monaco
(Police Maritime et Aéroportuaire)

This body was created by Prince Rainier in 1960, and the vessels assigned to it were
the Launch "Grace Patricia" (1961 - 1970), and the current launch "Vigilante".

Perhaps not quite so appealing are A stamp about canning food, and another about the invention of the gas engine....

New issues on July 1st:

50th Anniversary of the Maritime Police of Monaco
(Police Maritime et Aéroportuaire)

This body was created by Prince Rainier in 1960, and the vessels assigned to it were
the Launch "Grace Patricia" (1961 - 1970), and the current launch "Vigilante".

Perhaps not quite so appealing are A stamp about canning food, and another about the invention of the gas engine....

Thanks For posting, Renata!!!!
I am going to order a book or 2 as gifts!!:flowers:

On July 1st, 2010, the "Poste Monaco" issued an envelope celebrating the Centenary of the "Ballets Russes", in collaboration with Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo.

The envelopes can be bought ready stamped or without stamp.

The Event concludes on July 17th, 2010.

Is there an engagement stamp yet?

No idea. I very much doubt it. It's only for weddings, I think.

IF Albert decides to have a wedding stamp, what sort of image would we want to see??

A "Rainier and Grace" side view? Or frontals?

I'm not actually sure whether PA would be allowed NOT to have a wedding stamp.

Another update on the philatelic front !

On February 21st 2011, the OETP issued a stamp for the visit of PA to the Irish Republic. This was followed by an issue about the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters on March 2nd.

The Bicentenary of the Birth of Napoleon II seems a strange subject for a Monegasque stamp, but then.... why not?

Even more strangely, there will be an issue on March 24th, celebrating ..... wait for it .... THE CHELSEA FLOWER SHOW !

A month later, the Lions Club International's 50th aniversary is the subject of a stamp, and, last not least, the Centenary of Monaco's Cathedral.

I've been trawling the OETP site for a wedding stamp, but there isn't one. Hard to believe.....

New stamp issue on 5th May 2011:
In association with the National Education Direction, the OETP has organised a stamp design contest on the theme "Environment and Ecology in Monaco". The stamp represents the design of the winner.

Still no sign of wedding stamp.....

New stamp issue on 5th May 2011:
In association with the National Education Direction, the OETP has organised a stamp design contest on the theme "Environment and Ecology in Monaco". The stamp represents the design of the winner.

Still no sign of wedding stamp.....

This is nice and a good thing, I wish I had started a stamp collection when I was young

That's exactly what my father always used to say. In my teens I actually started a Monaco stamp collection, but when I was at university, I sold them .... with sadness.

Anyway, I wish they'd got their act together, partly with a decent philatelic website, and partly because of letting the collectors dangle....

I do hope that the next set of photos for the stamps are better than these because IMO they are NOT flattering to either party.

Lady Mac, I too have been horrified by the lack of workmanship towards the wedding stamps.
I don't know what went wrong, but these designs wipe out all the kudos that Monaco had for decades !

Lady Mac, I too have been horrified by the lack of workmanship towards the wedding stamps.
I don't know what went wrong, but these designs wipe out all the kudos that Monaco had for decades !
One of the differences is Grace always knew her best side and what hair style flattered her. Charlene hasn't learned that and her slicked back hair on those stamps and in general is not flattering at all. How she looked at her wedding with the sweep across her forehead is what she needs. I would like to see that on a stamp.

Future issues of stamps:

1) Institut Océanographique de Paris, part of the Prince Albert Ier of Monaco Foundation

2) Alpine Forest: EUROPA 2011

3) Mediterranean Forest: EUROPA 2011

4) Kids' Design Contest "Environment and Ecology in Monaco"

and, of course, the wedding stamps...

Back
Top Bottom