The Palais De Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're welcome Monaco and Iceflower!

Pic 1. Prince Rainier reading book at Mirror's Room
Pic 2. Prince Rainier and Prince Albert at Palace courtyard
Pic 3. Prince Rainier in his private office in the Palace..Look at toy..maybe some of grandchildren left it..cute..:)

[url="http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1995rapalacecourtyard0ou.jpg"]
1995rapalacecourtyard0ou.th.jpg
[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics Ianna. On the second one it's an impressive view one gets from the mountains :)

Casira_Azul said:
is there a swimming pool at the Palais?
Yes there is and photo's of it have been posted of it. Albert is in the pool in one.

In a recent TV report in France, it's said that everyday, Rainier used to have a walk in the palace's garden at 10:00 AM.

royal palace from google.earth

Snow in Monaco

Here is an unusual site. Until I read the caption I thought it was a drawing of some type.
Snow Covering Prince Rainier's Palace
Original caption: Prince Rainier's palace in Monaco, which usually looks like an oriental castle in a tropical setting, takes on an unusual aspect as it lies mantled with a thick blanket of snow. Monaco, well known as a winter resort, did not escape the current cold wave which has gripped most of Europe.
February 17, 1956. Corbis
Palaceundersnow.jpg

Last edited:
This is one job I wont apply for at the Palace. I wonder how the job description reads. Gardner wanted. Must not be afraid of heights, be certified in rock climbing for bush trimming. Corbis

LadyMacAlpine said:
Here is an unusual site. Until I read the caption I thought it was a drawing of some type. February 17, 1956. Corbis

What a fantastic photo!

Freedom said:
What a fantastic photo!
Yes it is. You don't think of snow in Monaco like we don't here but it does happen every now and then. In many photo's taken in Monaco I have seen it in the mountains.

Pool area of Palace

All the views I have gotten over the years of the pool area from Corbis. I wanted to group them all together and removed 3 photos from a previous post making them an attachment here. If I locate more I will post them on this post. Yes, that is in fact a row boat in the pool. Photo of Albert taken in 1985 shows the detail of the stone around the pool.
pool5.jpg
pool4.jpg

Australian Picture Library
pool2.jpg

Last edited:
LadyMacAlpine said:
All the views I have gotten over the years of the pool area from Corbis. I wanted to group them all together and removed 3 photos from a previous post making them an attachment here. If I locate more I will post them on this post. Yes, that is in fact a row boat in the pool.

The pool a very big :) ...and Albi is very cute :p

LadyMac, wonderful photos!

Specially those pool pics, and Palace in snow!:)

Ianna said:
LadyMac, wonderful photos!

Specially those pool pics, and Palace in snow!:)
Thank you. I can't recall off the top what the pool is made of but if I recall correctly its the reason it looks so blue. If I come across it I will post it. I have other photo's of Albert in different parts of the Palace some have already been posted in other threads so I can't repost. I will attempt to locate them and put a link in for viewing.

I misplaced the discription of the photos will come back and edit when I locate them. Ipress
6394375.jpg
6394360.jpg

OMG great pictures! I always wonder what the inside of Monaco's palace looked like. Are these areas open to the public to view? I am curious. I have many questions but I will refraim until you post others.

Changes in photo's

Today I added two photo's I also changed some already posted to another imagehosting site since many of you were not able to view the orginal posts of the pool area. I included the photo of the Grand Salon Albert's living room from an attachment and gave you a discription of the room.

Thanks so much Lady M. You are indeed a loverly person for finding and sharing all these photos and information!

Ann

Thank you Lady M, this room is awesome. The floor looks like glass! This is one of my favorite threads. Keep posting these gorgeous pictures.

I will use the urls to look for other pictures of the palace. Thanks once again.

lynda said:
Thank you Lady M, this room is awesome. The floor looks like glass! This is one of my favorite threads. Keep posting these gorgeous pictures.

I will use the urls to look for other pictures of the palace. Thanks once again.
You're welcome.

More photo's of an inside look of the Palace. Corbis
Albert's office.
0000215604-011.jpg

Rainier's office.
0000215604-007.jpg

I really like the decor in Prince Rainers office. I love the gold on blue..how interesting

i agree lady windsor
the late prince rainer's office is very nice,it has charm and warmth. prince albert's office is to sunny or yellow.
thx for the great pics lady mac

semisquare said:
i agree lady windsor
the late prince rainer's office is very nice,it has charm and warmth. prince albert's office is to sunny or yellow.
thx for the great pics lady mac
You are welcome but I like the yellow my main rooms are French Vanilla which is yellow. Its warm, cheery and comfortable to be in. His is a Japanese bamboo thingy of some type on the walls I cant recall what it is. Or was don't know he might have redone them.

Originally posted by Ianna.

Sources: unknown.

Photo 1: Mazarin Room
Photo 2: Sitting Room

Mazarinroom.jpg
SittingRoom.jpg

Back
Top Bottom