The late Princess Antoinette and the De Massy Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could somebody please give us some quotes from the book about what he said against Caroline and Rainier?! Thanks a million!

I don't have a copy of the actual book with me so I can't quote directly, but basically, he said that Rainier was very selfish especially when it came to inheritance. Princess Antoinette confessed to her son/Christian the time Princess Charlotte died that she and her children have no say in terms of who's getting what, and that Rainier wanted everything for him and his children. Another anecdote was about his (Christian's) second wedding -- apparently, Rainier forbade anyone from the Princely Family from attending the wedding. The only sympathetic person was, of course, Grace.

As for Caroline, he said that she denied him and his new wife of getting any seat in the Cathedral for Grace's funeral. He wanted to attend and pay his respects, especially since it was Grace who turned out to be the most loving and helpful member of his family, but Caroline apparently didn't want his presence at this time.

Christian was very gracious in acknowledging that Rainier was like a Father Figure to him and his sisters when they were growing up. He admitted his history of reckless behavior (inc. not doing well in school, issues with women and racing, etc), and noted that he did not have a healthy relationship with his mother. Rainier also has distanced himself especially since there was a time Princess Antoinette and her family were not allowed in Royal Events -- Antoinette was to be blamed: after all, she married Prince Rainier's main opposition!!!

Christian, all throughout the book, never mentioned about Grace turning against him. She was very helpful, insightful, and never judged him. Despite her very busy schedule, she always had time for him whenever he would call her for help or visit her at the palace unannounced.

Also, he said that when he first saw her (when the Palace Staff welcomed Grace in the Gallery of Hercules when she arrived for her wedding), he thought she was the most beautiful apparition he ever saw.

So, he's basically saying in the book that Grace was the most beautiful person in his life inside and out.

Last edited:
I wonder why Christian wasn't present at MND and the enthronement ceremonies this year, if he did attend the funeral, and all of Princess Antoniette's family was there, even his daughter Laetitia.

It was very nice seeing Antoniette's grandchildren participating in events like this.

I also wonder why Countess Albina didn't attend the ceremonies in July & November.

royrrules said:
Another anecdote was about his (Christian's) second wedding -- apparently, Rainier forbade anyone from the Princely Family from attending the wedding. The only sympathetic person was, of course, Grace.

Christian, all throughout the book, never mentioned about Grace turning against him. She was very helpful, insightful, and never judged him. Despite her very busy schedule, she always had time for him whenever he would call her for help or visit her at the palace unannounced.

So, he's basically saying in the book that Grace was the most beautiful person in his life inside and out.

Oh, thanks for all this! Just to add.... In another book, it was said that Princess Antoinette didn't like his would-be wife and has telephoned Prince Rainier to forbid the wedding and that no one in the royal family attend the ceremony. Grace tried to talk to Rainier (Buddy called her), but Rainier sided with his sister (until Buddy had his mother's blessing, he would not have Rainier's). Yes, Grace and Buddy had a good relationship, and Grace tried to help him to get Rainier's blessing even though Grace had her own problems with Stephanie then. All this family drama occured at Roc Agel, the weekend before Grace died. How sad!

Does anyybody know how Laetizia de Massy is related to Princess Antoinette and is Baroness Elisabeth Ann de Massy divorced as we never seen her with a husband? Also does anybody know what the Casiraghi trio's relationship with Melanie de Lusignon is like as we seem to see photos of her the most in Monace with her mother? Thanks a million!

Laetizia is Baron Christian de Massey's first daughter. I'm not sure but I think she was born around 1971-1972.

Regarding Melanie's relationship with her second cousins I think it might be a good one :) There are some pics of her with Charlotte and Princess Antoniette in July, and I remember seeing a pic where Pierre is talking with Melanie in the Opera.

I've read Melanie went dancing to the jimmy'z with Andrea and Pierre after the November enthronement and they had a great time...only Char went to bed right away because the following morning she had an early plane for Paris.

Kisses

Last edited:
In 1998 Antionette opened her house for the magazine CHI
- I like that pic of her holding Albert's picture and there are many more family pictures in the background.

iqk6zo.jpg

iqk7f5.jpg
iqk7s0.jpg

(CHI)

Great photos, and thanx for posting it Iceflower, or should I say Serene Highness!:) Congrats on that, too!;)

I found interesting article for Melanie de Lusignan, or Melanie- Antoinette de Massy (mentioned in article) on Giersch website..She seems very smart and also talented business woman!

iqwxew.png

«As a member of the Royal Family of Monaco, Melanie-Antoinette de Massy represents the new generation of Monegasque professionals. She has several years of experience in all aspects of high class networking based on her prominent position not only in the Monegasque society. After having finished her studies at the International School of Monaco, she was involved in numerous representation duties as well as interactions with top level business clients, celebrities and other personalities.
Especially, Melanie-Antoinette de Massy knows the administration and the key players in Monaco, which makes it possible for her to overcome adiministrational hurdles.
The combination of her background, business know how and networking skills makes Melanie-Antoinette de Massy a unique and trusted partner to Daniel Giersch...»

Thank you Ianna :D I already reached that status twice, but lost it again because of deleted posts :p I'm also glad you liked the pics, your article is quite interesting!

Mélanie

Mélanie
x4ox2a.jpg

..with her mother and George Marsan
x4ox12.jpg

...with Albert
x4ox1t.jpg

(zuma press)

Thanks for the information guys :) , Doesn't she looks a little like Selma Blair in the first pic? :p

Does anybody know How old is she?

Paula** said:
Thanks for the information guys :) , Doesn't she looks a little like Selma Blair in the first pic? :p

That's funny. at quick glance I thought she looked ALOT like Prss. Stephanie. I had to take a closer look and make sure that it was not Stephanie.
Especially around the eyes and the smile. Reminds me a lot of her.
Or maybe I should add some eye drops to my contacts! :rolleyes:

Paula** said:

I think Melanie was born in 1985 so that makes her a year younger than Andrea and a year older than Charlotte.

Charlotte and Melanie during Prince Albert's Enthronement ceremony in July, 2005 (Zuma, Newscom, Picturedesk)
xcregx.jpg
xcreyc.jpg
xcrfc0.jpg

Charlotte and Melanie sharing talk after Prince Rainier's memorial mass, April, 2006 (Zuma)
xcrfyo.jpg

Great to see that many Melanie pics here as well! :)

Here is a pic of Antoinette together with Caroline in 1994:

xdh5yv.jpg

(HELLO)

Did you know that Princess Antoinette lost her other daughter to cancer? This was many years ago.

Wasn't she the one who was married to Grace's nephew?

One of Grace's sister's sons married one of Rainier's sister's daughters. Talk about a wound family tree!

Ann

Suonymona said:
Wasn't she the one who was married to Grace's nephew?

One of Grace's sister's sons married one of Rainier's sister's daughters. Talk about a wound family tree!

Ann

Yes, that was Christine Alix. Her son from that marriage is Keith Sebastian Knecht. That would make him a "double cousin" (what would be the correct term for such a relationship? :confused: ) to the rest of the family.

Thanks, Ianna, for the pics of Char and Melanie, and Ice for that of Caro and Antoinette; so sweet together. I like seeing them together.

Last edited:
Well, that makes two of us unless I need better glasses!:) I thought she looked quite a bit like Steph! Especially around the eyes.. A pretty girl!

sesa said:
That's funny. at quick glance I thought she looked ALOT like Prss. Stephanie. I had to take a closer look and make sure that it was not Stephanie.
Especially around the eyes and the smile. Reminds me a lot of her.
Or maybe I should add some eye drops to my contacts! :rolleyes:

monica17 said:
Thanks, Ianna, for the pics of Char and Melanie, and Ice for that of Caro and Antoinette; so sweet together. I like seeing them together.
Here is one more pic I like a lot, those sweet smiling looks at each other.. :) It was taken at Rose Ball 1995:

zioygm.jpg

(HOLA)

I am wondering if there are any grown-up pictures of the late Christine-Alix? I have only seen her childhood ones..

Last edited:
monica17 said:
Thanks, Ice, for that added pic. :) This family is indeed sweet.
You are most welcome, monica :) Here is a sweet pic of Antoinette showing her love for children:
10e34ae.jpg

(HOLA)

You're welcome, Beate. It took me awhile to find an adult pic of Christine Alix here; I was curious, too - glad you like it.

Many thanks, Ice, for the last pic of Princess Antoinette. :) It was very touching. You can truly feel her concern and joy.

Question about this pic from corbis:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=168487&d=1121284424

Are they in Zurs? I never knew Antoinette to accompany the Hanover-Casiraghis up there! The goggles on Caroline's head make me think they are in Zurs, but how did Antoinette cope with the altitude? Such an old lady, she seems so fragile! I guess looks are deceiving in this case. She must be a very sturdy woman!

monica17 said:
Many thanks, Ice, for the last pic of Princess Antoinette. :) It was very touching. You can truly feel her concern and joy.
I'm glad you liked the pic as well, monica :)

And CasiraghiTrio, as to your question: Yes, Antoinette joined them on their trip to Zurs in early 2000. I think a trip like that can also be made comfortable for an elderly lady. Not to forget the healthy air in the mountains :)

You know, this thread has made me really warm up to Antoinette! I didn't think it possible! :D

Ani

iceflower said:
Here is one more pic I like a lot, those sweet smiling looks at each other.. :) It was taken at Rose Ball 1995:

(HOLA)
I think PC and Antoinette resemble one another, at least in this picture showing their profiles.

Back
Top Bottom