The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 07-24-2020, 12:09 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 21,826
Melanie Antoinette de Massy is the new President of the Monegasque Tennis Federation


"We are pleased to announce that the Management Committee of the Monegasque Tennis Federation has appointed Mademoiselle Melanie-Antoinette de Massy as President of our Association.

After having been trained all her life by her Mother, Baroness Elizabeth-Ann de Massy, and having worked alongside her for many years, notably as Vice-President, Melle de Massy will carry out the current projects and will continue the work of his Mother, faithful to her commitment.

Congratulations to our new President!"

https://www.monaco-tennis.com/fr/new...dente-080.html
__________________

__________________
#ΜΕΝΟΥΜΕ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΣ! #StaySafe! and the 2022!!
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 07-24-2020, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Melanie Antoinette de Massy is the new President of the Monegasque Tennis Federation


"We are pleased to announce that the Management Committee of the Monegasque Tennis Federation has appointed Mademoiselle Melanie-Antoinette de Massy as President of our Association.

After having been trained all her life by her Mother, Baroness Elizabeth-Ann de Massy, and having worked alongside her for many years, notably as Vice-President, Melle de Massy will carry out the current projects and will continue the work of his Mother, faithful to her commitment.

Congratulations to our new President!"

https://www.monaco-tennis.com/fr/new...dente-080.html
Congratulations but I thought Charlene would have got this Presidency.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 07-24-2020, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 4,346
Very nice. It seems there is a family tradition of passing down patronages from mother to daughter, seeing the many patronages Baroness Elizabeth-Ann inherited from her mother.
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 07-24-2020, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Very nice. It seems there is a family tradition of passing down patronages from mother to daughter, seeing the many patronages Baroness Elizabeth-Ann inherited from her mother.
Yes it does even though a titled and senior member of the family would undoubtedly bring more attention to the organisations concerned.
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 07-24-2020, 03:09 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 11,727
That is quite a function. Affiliated to the tournoi de Monte-Carlo (one of the oldest tournaments in the world) and to the Monte-Carlo Country Club (one of the world's most prestigious clubs).
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 07-24-2020, 03:22 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That is quite a function. Affiliated to the tournoi de Monte-Carlo (one of the oldest tournaments in the world) and to the Monte-Carlo Country Club (one of the world's most prestigious clubs).
That's why I think the Presidency should have gone to Albert or Charlene.
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 07-25-2020, 07:50 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, Canada
Posts: 2,155
I suppose it wouldn't have been proposed if Albert didn't give his blessing.

There is the family connection to tennis - as well as her mother and Princess Antoinette her grandfather was a tennis champion. I believe her cousin also tried his hand at a professional career as a teenager.

I think it's a fitting choice.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 07-25-2020, 08:38 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 33,188
Its a fitting tribute to the late Baroness Elizabeth-Ann to have her daughter as the new President!
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 09-17-2020, 11:39 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 21,826
This morning, Vitamar III was baptized by Monsignor David, Archbishop of Monaco, and Mrs. Leticia de Massy, its official godmother.

Leticia de Massy is the daughter of Christian Louis son of Princess Antoinette


https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...e3&oe=5F893FE3
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...ec&oe=5F8A138B
https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn.n...1b&oe=5F88B279
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...a8&oe=5F876771
https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn.n...aa&oe=5F8A8045
__________________
#ΜΕΝΟΥΜΕ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΣ! #StaySafe! and the 2022!!
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 09-17-2020, 01:20 PM
lazuli's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 1,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
This morning, Vitamar III was baptized by Monsignor David, Archbishop of Monaco, and Mrs. Leticia de Massy, its official godmother.

Leticia de Massy is the daughter of Christian Louis son of Princess Antoinette


https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...e3&oe=5F893FE3
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...ec&oe=5F8A138B
https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn.n...1b&oe=5F88B279
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...a8&oe=5F876771
https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn.n...aa&oe=5F8A8045
My Lord!!! Vitamar is a boat!!! For a moment i thought you were talking about a child!!! And i thought... What a terrible name for an infant!!!
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 09-24-2020, 01:13 PM
selket's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: bryn mawr, United States
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
My Lord!!! Vitamar is a boat!!! For a moment i thought you were talking about a child!!! And i thought... What a terrible name for an infant!!!
I thought so too!
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 04-10-2021, 12:58 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 61,427
Yesterday, April 9, Melanie de Massy as President of the Monegasque Tennis Federation attended the presentation of this year’s Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters that will take place from April 10 to April 18. The tournament will take place without audience but will be broadcasted on various TV and social media channels.


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 04-10-2021, 07:27 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 33,188
I'd forgotten that Melanie had taken over the Presidency from her late mother the Baroness.
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 04-11-2021, 03:23 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 61,427
At the beginning of this year’s Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters Prince Albert and Melanie de Massy in presence of Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal unveiled a plaque in memory of late Elizabeth-Anne de Massy, former President of the Monegasque Tennis Federation at the Monte-Carlo Country Club today:


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 04-18-2021, 02:09 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 21,826
Prince Albert and Melanie de Massy, at the final and the award ceremony of the Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters

https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn.n...59&oe=60A07D3E
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...95&oe=60A35C97
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...b3&oe=60A0D581
https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn.n...19&oe=60A0D40A

https://www.rexfeatures.com/set/11863864
__________________
#ΜΕΝΟΥΜΕ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΣ! #StaySafe! and the 2022!!
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 04-19-2021, 08:17 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 61,427


Here are some additional photos of their attendance at the final:


** ppe gallery **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 06-09-2021, 03:36 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 61,427
The Allée Elizabeth-Ann de Massy was inaugurated at The Monte-Carlo Country Club in presence of her two children Jean-Léonard and Mélanie-Antoinette and Prince Albert today, June 9.

Elizabeth-Ann de Massy died on June 10, 2020.


** legion-media gallery **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 08-17-2021, 12:38 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 21,826
Melanie de Massy at the inauguration of the Mondial du Théâtre village today at the Lycée Technique et Hôtelier de Monaco, marking the start of the 17th edition of this cultural event.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSrgKmNIWMe/
__________________
#ΜΕΝΟΥΜΕ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΣ! #StaySafe! and the 2022!!
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 08-17-2021, 03:32 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 61,427


Great to see Melanie undertaking that task!
Here are some additional photos of her inaugurating the 17th edition of the World Festival of Amateur Theatre today:


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Prince Rupprecht of Bavaria and Princess Antoinette of Luxembourg - 1921 Marengo Historical Royal Weddings 7 07-29-2021 09:42 AM
Princess Antoinette has Died - March 18, 2011 iceflower Princely Family of Monaco 74 04-14-2011 06:33 PM
Funeral of Princess Antoinette, March 24, 2011 iceflower Princely Family of Monaco 113 04-04-2011 11:43 AM




Popular Tags
#uae #abudhabirullingfamily america archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian braganza britain britannia british british royal family cadwallader camilla camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles castile china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house colorblindness coronation de la cerda duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex edward vii fashion and style gemstones genetics george vi guzman harry and meghan hello! henry viii highgrove history ingrid-alexandra ivrea japan japanese imperial family kensington palace king edward vii king henry iii king juan carlos liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor list of rulers maria ii monarchist movements monarchists mongolia nara period noble families orleans-braganza pedro ii politics portugal prince harry prince of wales prince of wales in jordan royal ancestry samurai solomon j solomon spanish royal family state visit tokugawa united states of america wales welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises
×