The Kelly Relatives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eugenie

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum and I have really enjoyed it thus far. I have a question regarding the Ghrimaldi Kids. Do Caroline, Albert, and Steph keep in touch with their American relatives? you never hear that they do or that they come to the US.

Any information that anyone could provide would be great. Thank you and I await your feedback.

I live in Philadelphia and drive past the Kelly house nearly every week! I do know that Albert is in Philadelphia fairly regularly for events that revolve around the Kelly family (Grace wasn't the only famous one, particularly in Philadelphia. Her brother Jack was an Olympic rower, for example. Kelly Drive, along the Schuykill River is named for him, not Grace as many out-of-towners believe!). Every once in a while I'll see Albert in the local paper, noting his appearance at some event. I've never seen any evidence that any other members of the princely family have been here. I assume that Albert sees his Kelly relatives when he's here.

The last time Prince Albert was in the area or the last time the Press caught him there was in late October of last year. He and his cousins did some rowing out on the Schuykill and there was an article about the cousins and their rowing connection in the Inquirer.

Does anyone know who lives in the former family home on Henry street? I drove past it once, and the street number was gone, so I figure they try and get some privacy. I know Grace's sister Lizanne is still alive. Does anyone know if she still lives in Philly?

APL

The family together

svia0k.jpg

svia6r.jpg

svia90.jpg

sviadu.jpg

sviag0.jpg

sviali.jpg

With family and friends

sviaug.jpg

With father John

svib5s.jpg

With mother Margaret

svibg9.jpg

APL

With parents

svid5u.jpg

svid80.jpg

With brother Jack

sviddi.jpg

svidjt.jpg

With Jack and one of her sisters

svidmd.jpg

With sister Lizanne

svie1c.jpg

svie76.jpg

sviec5.jpg

With sister Peggy

sviejs.jpg

I love those fashions from the 50s! Such class, style and elegance.

I love those old pics. The Kelly family is beautiful!
I also like 50s fashion. Very classy and stylish
The wedding pic is lovely!
thanks for the pics and the work you put on this forum tbhrc

Piewi said:
I love those old pics. The Kelly family is beautiful!
I also like 50s fashion. Very classy and stylish
The wedding pic is lovely!
thanks for the pics and the work you put on this forum tbhrc

I agree,
Is true the story, that Grace's father did not "support" her before she was a successful woman?

Last edited:
Paula** said:
I agree,
Is true the story, that Grace's father did not "suport" her before she was a successful woman?

what do you mean by support?

I read and saw in a biography that their relationship was strained. She sought her father's approval but nothing she did really impressed him.

BurberryBrit said:
I read and saw in a biography that their relationship was strained. She sought her father's approval but nothing she did really impressed him.
So sad, not even the marriage with Rainier?

Apparently not. I will try to find the source but I remember reading that he didn't think he should have to pay a dowry for her. Nothing she did "wowed" him. Not the Oscar, not Ranier. BUT look at the millions who loved her and CONTINUE to love her today!

I have to say that Camille is a clone of Lizanne! Same with Stephanie. Caroline is a clone of Peggy Margaret!

Great photos, tbhrc!;)

Grace with brother Jack (Great Romances of 20th Century)
sw4l6x.jpg

Family portrait..Peggy is missing..(Great Romances of 20th Century)
sw4ns6.jpg

Princess Grace holding little Caroline while brother Jack holds chubby cheeks Albert:p , 1958 (TopFoto)

http://i2.tinypic.com/sw4pah.jpg

Her father's favorite was Peggy; she could do no wrong in his eyes. He felt that she should had been the "Star" of the family. She died a few years ago, if I'm not mistaken.

The boat photos are from the trip to Monaco for the marriage, yes?

Its interesting Rainier always looks at the camera when shaking Jack (Grace's father)'s hand.

Ann

De La Cruza said:
Is Peggy Graces mother or sister?
Margaret was the mother. The oldest daughter was also named Margaret but everyone called her "Peggy". Its similar to John the father whom everyone called "Jack". The only son was also named John but called "Jack jr" which was confusing.

It was a proud family!

Ann

ETA yes, Peggy died of complications of her battle with alcoholism a few years ago. Lizette is the only Kelly of that generation still alive though there are many cousins of Albert, Caroline and Stephanie's generation.

Last edited:
Actually, someone else answered my question in the Princess Grace thread. Everyone is good about sharing information on here.

Ann

ETA fixed link

Last edited:
I remember seen in the 70's and 80's pictures of the Monaco family and there was a first cousin of Caroline that used to appear in many of them. She was the daugther of one Grace Kelly's siblings and looked a lot like Grace. I remember that in the pictures there was such contrast between Caroline's mediterranean beauty, always with her sun tan, and her American cousin's pale as a ghost skin.
Anyone can find the pictures or who was this cousin X?

Yeah Graces side of the family is quite fair. But what you said about a first cousin of Caroline that looks alot like Grace I have never seen before. I would like to see that. If anybody could post those pics? Thanks

Last edited:
Toledo said:
I remember seen in the 70's and 80's pictures of the Monaco family and there was a first cousin of Caroline that used to appear in many of them. She was the daugther of one Grace Kelly's siblings and looked a lot like Grace. I remember that in the pictures there was such contrast between Caroline's mediterranean beauty, always with her sun tan, and her American cousin's pale as a ghost skin.
Anyone can find the pictures or who was this cousin X?

I think Iceflower posted some pics of hers on another thread...but i don´t remember which one:confused:

Here is the Grace Levine Thread

And some pics:

At Jack Kellys wedding - Getty

swzkvl.jpg

Another one of the family - Getty

swzl1f.jpg

Again with Jack - Getty

swzl6x.jpg

monos26 said:
Does anyone know who lives in the former family home on Henry street? I drove past it once, and the street number was gone, so I figure they try and get some privacy. I know Grace's sister Lizanne is still alive. Does anyone know if she still lives in Philly?

I've heard that the Kelly home on Henry Avenue is owned by Philadelphia University - their campus is in the neighborhood at Henry and School House Lane. It never looks like anyone lives there. I've been driving by for years and years and there's never any activity.

Ah, I just did a search of Philadelphia property assesments. It looks like the house (3901 Henry Avenue) was bought in 1974 by a Marjorie Bamont. The sale price is listed as $1, so I assume that it was inherited or something. You can look up the listing at www.phila.gov and click on "Search Property Assesments"

Who was Jack Jr's wife? Was it his first wife? He must have been in his early to mid-50s. Does anyone know the story? I see no mention of her or the wedding in Wikipedia or other bios. I guess they were only married a few years until his death?

Back
Top Bottom