The Kelly Relatives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glistening Seas

:holly: Oh Sensibility was Lizzy fun to be around!!

:candycane:was she more outgoing that Pss Grace? What illnesses did she have? Did she enjoy parties and did she visit Pss. Grace when she was married to Ranier! Sounds like she was a mah-velous aunt indeed. :poinsettia:

Now we all can see whom Stephanie and Camille have taken after!

Many thanks, Nathalie Cox, for finding the YouTube clip of Lizanne.

I think she could have been competition for Grace, certainly in the "looks" department, and in terms of charme and grace.

Well, I would agree that she was definitely pretty. Not a bad look group of kids by any means. But I think she was a little harsher in looks than Grace. Grace had an etheral beauty. Its like you have one sister who is pretty and talented (Solange Knowles) but the other sister takes it off the charts (Beyonce), and there is really no comparison.

I don't remember where I read it, but it seems that Lizanne died of cancer.

I think that Lizanne Kelly was indeed pretty if not beautiful, as for Grace being better looking let's not forget that Grace was a movie star and she had a wide array of makeup artists, hairdressers, designers etc. to make her look always flawless and gorgeous.....
Lizanne was a " normal" person at the end of the day not a star.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful pics! I really like the first one. You can definitely tell they are sisters. The Kelly family was very good looking. :)

Well, I would agree that she was definitely pretty. Not a bad look group of kids by any means. But I think she was a little harsher in looks than Grace. Grace had an etheral beauty. Its like you have one sister who is pretty and talented (Solange Knowles) but the other sister takes it off the charts (Beyonce), and there is really no comparison.
It was described in a biography of Grace (probably the one by Lacey) that all the Kellys were attractive and striking, with great bone structure and perfect teeth. However, Grace was the only one who had that perfect combination of her father's athletic build and her mother's blonde Nordic looks that made her the ethereal beauty.

I agree...makes no sense at all. Unless it's a language barrier thing which could be if she is a relative on the Majer's side and still lives in Europe.

:twohearts: Truly a sad day for the Monaco Family again. We have all the wonderful memories and activities that they created and that their lives have left the world as well as traditions; from which history will find it's comfort.

Actually, it was a sad day moreso for the KELLY Family. Lizanne was the last of the matriarchs and the last of the original 4. The Kelly family is very close...they were ALL in attendance at the funeral.

:twohearts: Truly a sad day for the Monaco Family again. We have all the wonderful memories and activities that they created and that their lives have left the world as well as traditions; from which history will find it's comfort.

The funeral struck me as a "normal" family funeral, with the "boys" carrying the coffin.

As to the "girls" - who knows what other commitments they may have had?

Albert is the one who regularly visits the US and maintains family contacts. He has always come across to me as an American, as oposed to his "mediterranean" sisters.

Renata, I am trying to figure out....how you know this? Were you at the Funeral that it struck you as a 'normal' family funeral? Having been at Lizanne's funeral myself, I would agree with some of that in the papparazzi was quite respectful. There are very good reasons that Caroline and Steph were NOT in attendance. While they don't visit the US often, they do maintain contact with certain members of the family in Philly. Please give some explanation of who you are....I'm intrigued. I'm also in awe in amazement that so many people out there are actually discussing this topic.

in connection to other comments

I just want to clarify some things. I think you have misinterpreted my comments.

First, my attitude on this forum is totally friendly, in fact I like to make friends here with whom sharing my interest in history and monarchies.

My monarchy (although it is only a prince) is Monaco, and I have special love for Grace Kelly.

I am neither cousin, nor niece Grace, I am simply a distant relative. I´ve never met Grimaldis. When my grandmother died I lost all connection with my relatives in the United States. My father is Spanish and my mother borned in Richmond, later she moved to Philadelphia (my mother worked there until she married my father, and later moved to Madrid).

I was fortunate to meeting Grace two times, but I was very young and I could not value the significance of that. As for Lizanne, I met and dined with her twice. If at first she was surprised to see hize was to hide, I do not like to boast in a public place such as this one. I am a very discreet, yet I like talking to you and wanted to share this small privilege.

And finally, I still believe that the family should be united at the funeral, both in Europe and America, and the fact that I do not think paparazzi are justification, is simply an annoyance to which they are more than used, " I Am I wrong? However I perfectly respect the opinion of those who think differently, as I said I've just done a valorativoy subjective opinion, I never wanted to be arrogant.

Otherwise, I hope to continue discussing issues related to the Grimaldi family and much longer if I can get you the photos show.

A lot of love,
Lily.:flowers:

Does anyone know about the Margaret Katherine Majer family in Mexico? I have heard that some of Grace Kelly's mother's family emigrated from Germany to Mexico first, then to America?

There aren´t any "Majer" surname registrered in Mexico City. However there´re some "mayer". I think it could be derivated from J to Y.
Lily.

I would like to know if you, LadyMacAlpine know what year these pictures was taken. Would you please answer my question? Thank you in adavance.

I'm sorry I didn't see your original post because I don't read this thread someone told me about this post. I only looked to see what Zonk said being a moderator I wanted to make sure my post was okay. All the photo's I've posted in the past few weeks I received by mail and I had to scan them. There's no dates.
ChantalC I have your answer.

20th September 1996: H.S.H. Prince Albert II received an Honorary Doctorate in philosophy from the Pontifical University of Maynooth in Ireland.

Kelly relatives in Mexico

Does anyone know about the Margaret Katherine Majer family in Mexico? I have heard that some of Grace Kelly's mother's family emigrated from Germany to Mexico first, then to America?

Interesting, where did you hear that? Do you think there are still descendants or relations in Mexico? As others have said, there are names very close to that such as Maier, Meier, Mayer, etc. (Funnily enough that was one of Rainier III's Mexican grandmother's surname: de la Torre y Mier)

I found an 'Elsica Majer' in some Mexican records, but she may or may not be related. And another "H Majer" born in 1855 in Mexico... ?!

Anyway, it would be fun to find out!

Does anybody can give more information about Grace´s mother? Do you know more about her? It´s difficult to find information and photos about her single years.

And does anybody know who spend summers in their Ocean City house? Is it rented?

Thanks!
lily.

Please, take a look to Chris Levine, the Kelly relative - Lizanne´s grandson. And this´s Ginna, her sister. She seems to Grace.

Lilly, It is hard to find info about Grace's mother prior to her marriage to Grace's father. Her mother was a model and an athlete. Any news articles about her were in magazines, that are now hard to find. As for the Ocean City home, I think that it was eventually sold.

Id love to find her photo albums, it would be nice...

Have you got the kelly house address in philly for looking for in google maps?

Does anybody can give more information about Grace´s mother? Do you know more about her? It´s difficult to find information and photos about her single years.

And does anybody know who spend summers in their Ocean City house? Is it rented?

Thanks!
lily.

Please, take a look to Chris Levine, the Kelly relative - Lizanne´s grandson. And this´s Ginna, her sister. She seems to Grace.

Where did you find these pictureS?

Does anyone know of a Kelly relative named Caroline Grace Kelly. I stumbled across a photo of a girl, probably 13 or so, named Caroline Grace Kelly. I looked at some other photographs and being born and raised in Philly, I immediately recognized where these photos were taken. I emailed the poster about a possible Grace Kelly relation and they never got back to me. Now all their photos except one are private. I probably shouldn't have snooped though! Here's a link. Caroline Kelly picture by CarolineGraceKelly2010 - Photobucket

She reminds me of Charlotte, Caroline's daughter a bit and Grace a bit......or perhaps I am reading to much into this!

Does anyone know if this is possible a relation to Grace or distant relative?

missmandyberry, i founded this pictures in facebook, you only have to looking for "kelly levine", "chris le vine" and "ginna le vine", and you´ll find it. Perhaps you could be friend of their. I prefer not to enter in their privacy because In my opinion it isn´t dishonest, but i wanted to share it with you. In other hand, I´m planning to stay in the Sweetwater Farm House in Philly this summer, anybody want to go too?

And in second place Genevieveelle, in conection with "Caroline Grace Kelly" I am not sure about if she is part of Grace Kelly family. You should to know that there´re a lot of fan of Grace who have putted her name in their daughter. One day looking for pictures about Grace I watched a big archive about a wedding of a girl from Brazil who called "Grace Kelly", the tag in the pictures was "grace kelly" so it appear when I looked for the last princess photos. However. It could be possible, we have never talked about the Peggy Kelly´s children, she could be part of the other sister family. You could looking for this girl in facebook and ask her. It´s a little solution.

Have a good saturday,
Lily.

And do you know that "Kelly Le Vine", the oldest daughter of Chris Levine (Lizanne´son), is studying dramatic art in Philadelphia? She isn´t very beutiful - in my opinion- not like Grace, but perhaps she is a promisse.

I have founded this picture from the "To Catch a Thief" Openning in NYC. Isn´t that girl Lizanne? It´seems her!

thank you! good work
and what about her other sister, Megan? is she alive?

miss mandyberry, do you say that the Kelly´s house in OC is avaiable for renting? that´s amazing, I´ll rent it on summer!!!

Back
Top Bottom