The Kelly Relatives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
btsnyder said:
Who was Jack Jr's wife? Was it his first wife? He must have been in his early to mid-50s. Does anyone know the story? I see no mention of her or the wedding in Wikipedia or other bios. I guess they were only married a few years until his death?

sy1pit.png
the first woman (first row) was Jack Jr.'s first wife. I forget her name and it's in the book, but I'm really busy right now. I think it was Mary, though...

source: "bridesmaids" by judy balaban-quine

also worth noting Peggy's oldest daughter, Meg, was really pretty. does anyone have any pic of her as a teen or adult?

That's her! Grace LeVine. She is the one who used to be always as a companion to Caroline and she looked so much like her aunt Princess Grace. She was barely a few years older than Caroline too. I did not know she died, but that explains why she disapeared from the scene since she was like a regular guest of the Grimaldis.
From what I read on her thread not too much is known about her death.

Thanks to everyone for solving part of the mystery of Caroline's missing cousin. In many of the pictures I used to see in magazines and newpapers when I was a kid she appeared like another one of Grace and Rainier's children, and seems she and Caroline were very close friends.

Ianna said:
Mentioned election night..(Abaca)

Princess Caroline wedding to P. Junot..I think she's in light purple/blue dress behind Caroline..(Ebay)

I'm not sure, but think she's also with Caroline (and Albert) on these photos (Correct if I'm wrong to delete them)..At Monaco Beach club..(ACI, Ebay)

Last edited:
enchantednights said:
the first woman (first row) was Jack Jr.'s first wife. I forget her name and it's in the book, but I'm really busy right now. I think it was Mary, though...

Did they divorce? Who was Jack Jr.'s second wife?

btsnyder said:
Did they divorce? Who was Jack Jr.'s second wife?

yeah they did and his second wife is in their wedding pic a few poststa bove this one with rainier and grace in it too.

Jack Jr. was a ladies man, much like his father. At one point, he caused much scandal by dating a woman who had undergone a sex change or something along those lines.

monos26 said:
Does anyone know who lives in the former family home on Henry street? I drove past it once, and the street number was gone, so I figure they try and get some privacy. I know Grace's sister Lizanne is still alive. Does anyone know if she still lives in Philly?

I understand that Lizanne lives at the Jersey shore year round. I believe she is in Margate, NJ.

EmpressRouge said:
Jack Jr. was a ladies man, much like his father. At one point, he caused much scandal by dating a woman who had undergone a sex change or something along those lines.

I couldn't find anything where he actually dated her, but he was photographed at a nightclub with Christine Jorgensen, a very famous (at the time) transsexual though not too many people knew her secret initially. For awhile she was just famous for hanging around celebrities and being photographed them. It wasn't until after 'she' was 'revealed' in 1952 that those who had unknowingly been snapped with her felt the tabloid sting.

For those who understand English, more can be found here and here.

Ann

Peggy's daughter and Princess Grace's niece; Margaret Ann (known as Meg) was Princess Caroline's godmother. She was also one of the flower girls at Prince Rainier and Princess Grace's wedding. Afterwards in life, Princess Caroline become godmother of Margaret's eldest son; Richard.

Here's the photo of Lizanne LeVine (Grace's younger sister) I found on Corbis..It's dated on 1997.

vwtt05.jpg

Ocean city Pictures anyone?

Guys,
I am a huge Kelly family fan, and pass by the families former house on 26th street almost everyday. Does anyone have any shots of the family enjoying themselves in Ocean city? Does anyone have any shots of Grace's kids in Ocean city? How often did they come here? Thanks guys, and I look forward to being an active part of the site.
Erik

You can see some pictures in the Grimaldis on the beach and Princess Caroline when she was younger threads. Hope this helps.

LauraMCS said:
I understand that Lizanne lives at the Jersey shore year round. I believe she is in Margate, NJ.
Lizanne used to live in Ocean city year round but as of 3 years ago she moved into a retirement community in Haverford PA. I spoke with her a few times before she moved back to PA, and it was a real treat. I also met her son Chris, and they both help give the Kelly's a good name. They still have a surf competition down here in OC every labor day as a family reunion type event. Anyone with more OC pics ;)
Erik

ocnj53rd said:
Lizanne used to live in Ocean city year round but as of 3 years ago she moved into a retirement community in Haverford PA. I spoke with her a few times before she moved back to PA, and it was a real treat. I also met her son Chris, and they both help give the Kelly's a good name. They still have a surf competition down here in OC every labor day as a family reunion type event. Anyone with more OC pics ;)
Erik

Thanks for sharing your personal experience, Erik.

Would you know though if her nieces, Caroline and Stephanie, are still close to her? I'm sure Albert is, as he seems to be the closest to his American relatives.

What is the big event happening in August with the Kelly's? I've heard its a dedication to Princess Grace and I've also heard its a Jazz Festival.

Does anyone have more info on this event?

royrrules said:
Thanks for sharing your personal experience, Erik.

Would you know though if her nieces, Caroline and Stephanie, are still close to her? I'm sure Albert is, as he seems to be the closest to his American relatives.
Lizanne's health really isn't what it used to be, but she still is in contact with Grace's kids often and her son Chris Levine is very close with them as well. Last I heard she hasn't been to Monaco since 02? or around there. She didn't go to Rainier's funeral IIRC. Her house has in OC had a ton of photos of her, grace, the pope and her, and a number of other shots with royalty. Pretty cool I must say. Her house also used to have a fort in it down in ocean city! I got to climb it. It was in their living room and was basically a 4 walled club house you could climb ontop of and rule the room from. Grace used to climb up on it with her kids when they came to visit.
Erik

Thanks for your response (and then some), Erik.

I have seen pics of the Kelly Beach House at Ocean City, and have observed the turret-like structure. Many of us here have been so puzzled regarding Grace Levine, Lizanne's daughter, speculating how she died. Did Lizanne share anything regarding her daughter's demise?

I also was shocked when I saw this news segment when Prince Rainier died last year, featuring the Kelly Parish had a Mass for him. Lizanne was interviewed, and saw her in a wheelchair! I mean, I expected her to be strong and vital still in her seventies, given that she was very athletic in her younger years.

It is such a treat to have someone in this thread who has had an actual, direct encounter with the people we have been so curious about. Am glad you are in the forum, Erik.

I recall Grace Levine dieing from cancer right before Lizanne husband maybe 98 or 99? Because Lizanne's husband died in 2000. Oh Btw Chris Levine and Albert used to go to the Kentucky Derby almost every year together. Now about Lizanne's health she is still all there in the "head", but her body has started to give her grief. Last I talked to her she was complaining of pain in her hips and knees so maybe a wheelchair is better then the operation to replace knees and hips at 75? I don't know there. Lizanne says "I was the toughest of all the girl children", but I guess those years of activity have started to catch up on her. It was really sad though to watch them sell the house. It marked the first time in 80 years that a Kelly didn't live in OC on 26th street. A couple cousin's like John Lehman still have the family over on labor day, but besides him I can't think of another it is sad :(. Anyone with any pics?
Erik

Young Grace with mother and sister Lizanne (Hola)

2zf4ti0.jpg

She looks a lot like Charlotte in that pic!!! Thanks for sharing!

Tosca said:
She looks a lot like Charlotte in that pic!!! Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome!:flowers:

Have just one more..Kelly family having great time on beach. Only brother is missing from photo..maybe he was photographing?:ermm: :) (Paris Match)
4dyr3pf.jpg

you are so right camille does look like lizanne

Jack Kelly jr. "Kell" dated a transexual named Harlow who had a nightclub in Phila. It did cause a scandal as he wanted to run for mayor of Phila. in the 70's. Mrs. Kelly did not want him to run for mayor and threatend to expose his relationship with Harlow so he had no choice but to drop out of the mayor's race in Phila.. Jack's first wife's name was Mary Lee, I don't know her last name, his second wife was I believe named Sandra but again, I don't know her last name and they married in the late 70's . A good book to read about Grace is called Once Upon A Time by J. Randy Taborelli.

Last edited:
sherylal24 said:
Jack Kelly jr. "Kell" dated a transexual named Harlow who had a nightclub in Phila. It did cause a scandal as he wanted to run for mayor of Phila. in the 70's. Mrs. Kelly did not want him to run for mayor and threatend to expose his relationship with Harlow so he had no choice but to drop out of the mayor's race in Phila.. Jack's first wife's name was Mary Lee, I don't know her last name, his second wife was I believe named Sandra but again, I don't know her last name and they married in the late 70's . A good book to read about Grace is called Once Upon A Time by J. Randy Taborelli.
I think her name was Mary Freeman.

Can anyone tell me the names of Princess Grace's nieces and nephews?

Last edited by a moderator:
JG2924 said:
I think her name was Mary Freeman.

Can anyone tell me the names of Princess Grace's nieces and nephews?
Grace Levine is mentioned in the forum(there´s a thread about her), Chris Levine, Megan Van Arkel. That´s all i know.
Do you know if Lizanne Kelly is still alive?

Last edited:
rosana said:
Grace Levine is mentioned in the forum(there´s a thread about her), Chris Levine, Megan Van Arkel. That´s all i know.
Do you know if Lizanne Kelly is still alive?

If you mean Princess Grace's sister, Lizanne Kelly LeVine, yes she is. She lives in a retirement community in the Phila suburbs. I believe i read that she is not in the best of health. If you mean Liz Kelly, Jack's daughter, I have never heard that she passed away either.

Also, Jack has a son JB Kelly who I believe is married and still in the Phila area. I think Jack may have had more daughters than Liz, not sure. No other sons though.

To update my post--A guy I work with told me that JB is definately in the Phila area. He is President of the Vesper Boat Club. Vesper is probably the most prestigious rowing club on Boat House Row.

Last edited:
I meant Grace´s sister. Thanks a lot.

I think Jack has five daughters. Not sure but I'll find it out . . .

Does anybody know something about Peggys daughters?

Kelly genes??? Hard to believe this lady is Ann Kelly, Princess Grace's cousin.
She lives in Ireland. Weekly DIVAeDONNA has an interview with her.

Ann Kelly

Back
Top Bottom