International Circus Festival & New Generation Festival 2012 - 2020, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Stephanie poses on the eve of the opening of the 42th Monte-Carlo International Circus Festival in Monaco on January 16

Belga Image

I wonder if the twins will go this year.
Charlene doesn't go anymore (or hasn't been for quite a number of years) so not sure whether the twins would go - it would certainly be lovely to see them.

I read an article a couple of years ago (sorry, I can't remember where) that said Charlene doesn't really like animals being used to perform in circuses - I have to say it's something I'm not especially keen on.

Last edited:
^^^previous
I agree, I am also uncomfortable with animals being used in circus performances. This year they even have giraffe, magnificent animals that should be allowed to run wild. I am surprised that they still have animals performing in Monaco.

Do they have a special shorter show aimed at little ones? It will be nice to see the twins attend.

That *is* a surprise, lovely to see them!

I had a feeling they might go this year. Pity their Mum didn't go but Gabriella looks very happy with Aunt Stephenie. I think the fact Charlene didn't go seems to confirm the rumours that she has issues with animals being used in the performances.

How lovely to see the twins there. P Stephanie taking good care of P Gabriella who seems to have shaken off her initial shyness. I think I see Gareth and his little girl on some of the pics too. P Albert looks so very proud of his children.

:previous:

As to her shyness or childhood shyness in general I noticed that both children were pretty brave and agreed to be put into the arms of an artist (not to mention that they weren't afraid of the huge giraffe either!). I find that impressive.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

How proud Charlene must have been when later seeing the photos and videos...Such well-behaving and brave children without their mother by their side!

The twins are lovely and very well behaved and I bet they had a great time.

That said, I find the giraffe pictures totally appalling - why on earth is that woman sitting on its back?!

I have a lot of time for Stephanie but I think she is utterly wrong about the place of animals in circuses. I don't care how loved they are - it's wrong.

Me too, I don't like the animals in a circus, festival circus or other

I am sad when I see this giraffe with a woman on its back

The children had not their mother but they were near their father , for Charlene, the circus is not the cup of tea specially when there are animals shows but it was intelligent to let Albert sharing the joy to be at the circus with his children

Albert was a very proud daddy, a little worried when the children are giving the banana to the giraffe

The Facebook video is very cute! Love how Camille is holding onto her little cousin!

Have they banished Charlene?

I'm surprised that the Twins attended but no Mama! was she in the background? Has anyone else noticed that PrincessCharlene doesn't attend the Circus, or the Rose Ball....events sponsored by the sister-in-laws. When was the last time they were all at the same event together?

The last time, they were together, it was in november 2017, the national fest and giving the order of Saint Charles and grimaldi

Caroline is not attending the circus nor the her children
Stephanie is not attending the bal de la Rose
Caroline and Stephanie are not attending the Ted Cross Gala nor the gala for MONAA when it took place or gala for the Princess Charlene Foundation
Caroline and Charlene are not present to the fightAids gala of Stephanie.

Next week, there will be the Sainte Devote celebrations , very important fests, a fest which comes after the national day, Caroline, her family, Stephanie and her children are not present only the princely couple is present

To day, the twins were present, it was very nice

Why dont they support each other?

Seems very unfriendly or is it jealousy? Or is it just a drag and this way they dont all have to appear? In the early days didnt Charlene appear at most events with Albert?

I had a feeling they might go this year. Pity their Mum didn't go but Gabriella looks very happy with Aunt Stephenie. I think the fact Charlene didn't go seems to confirm the rumours that she has issues with animals being used in the performances.
Or maybe Charlene doesn't like clowns.;)
I have to say, the giraffe photos made me uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Seems very unfriendly or is it jealousy? Or is it just a drag and this way they dont all have to appear? In the early days didnt Charlene appear at most events with Albert?
She doesn't particularly like the circus. Nothing more sinister than that.

The scarves have changed. They were red and white before.
Or are they different every year?

I just love the twins; thanks for the photos! :flowers:

And I'm glad Stephanie is carrying on the tradition of her beloved papa. It's also nice to see her big brother and children by her side. It brings back so many memories over the decades. In particular, I can clearly see Prince Rainier at the circus even with his declining health, with Stephanie by his side. Also , I recall his grandchildren attending as well. Now onto the next generation. ?

Yesterday evening the annual ecumenical mass at the circus tent took place:

** Pic **

And so did the charity soccer match - Louis represented the family and Albert was content with watching it ?

** profimedia gallery **

Last edited:

Yesterday evening, January 23, Princess Stephanie, Prince Albert, Pauline, Louis and his girlfriend Marie attended the gala and awards ceremony of the festival:

** gettyimages gallery **

As always the awards had been presented during an extra ceremony earlier:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom