Sainte Devote Celebration: 2007 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm very surprised too that Charlene isn't in black with a veil. I thought this was how it was always supposed to be done. I actually thought they were supposed to wear black to the boat ceremony as well as this is what I always remembered them doing, including last year.

I think the dress code is not that strict, Princess Stephanie once wore a light grey coat during the boat
ceremony and a gaudy orange blouse in another year.

On the occasion of the Sainte Devote celebration a rugby match between a youth team from Corsica and
one from Monaco was organized at the Stade Louis II. Saint Devote is the patron saint of both Monaco
and Corsica.

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene were present.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I was in holidays at Nice at home of my mother, I was yesterday evening at the sainte devote church. After the burning of the cannot, the principaly family walked to the harbour where they watched the firework. There was a sort of velum where they were sitting. Prince Albert and Charlene shaked the hands of the people who were attending the spectacle.At the end of the spectacle, we could see the couple kissing Princess caroline and Alexandra. Princess Caroline kissed princess charlene and talked with her a long moment. There is a good understanding between them.
This morning, anybody could enter in the cathedral after the people of Monaco to attend the mass with the couple. I could attend the mass with my mother, the mass was very grandiose.I could take the communion.
As they followed the archibishop, and the rest of sainte devote to go out. I found the princess very smiling, The prince at the contrary was serious.
On the balcony, The dog was very funny, he pushed the prince and the princess to watch the ceremony out.

Diasporama on nice matin

Diaporama | Les célébrations de Sainte -Dévote à Monaco. Le souverain et la | Les célébrations de Sainte -Dévote | monacomatin.com

Last edited by a moderator:
they all look really happy , nice to see .

Last edited:
about the second day of sainte devote
Recueillement à la procession de la Sainte Dévote | Nice-Matin

there is also this about the rugby race a short resume
Rugby : visite princière au « Challenge Sainte-Dévote » | monacomatin.com

there are more photos in the newspaper

Monaco Info / Chaines - Monaco Channel

there is this video on the fest this year, the entry of the sainte devote rest in the city, princely family at the fest of sainte devote, arriving , burning of the cannot, the shaking of the hands ,the people which want to get the nails which give happyness all the year, and the end Albert and Charlene walking hand in hand with Caroline and Alexandra to watch the firework

Thank you for this link melina premiere. It's a wonderful occasion. I was really impressed.
Does the procession start at the cathedral and then the whole way to Saint Devote church??? That's a long way to go.

Thank you so much, melina premiere, for telling us about being at the Mass and seeing Albert and Charlene. How absolutely wonderful. :flowers:

I love the idea of the dog wanting to see what was going on. :lol:

I am wondering if Albert and Charlene have many dogs. ?

I really like the traditions associated with the Sainte Devote Celebrations and the involvement every year of the Princely Family,thanks for the above photo's its a firm favourite of mine :flowers:

Perhaps, all are busy with other agendas.

:previous:

Yesterday evening they burned a boat - you can see that on the pics from yesterday:flowers:

And here are the first pics of day 2 - Prince Albert attended the mass and watched the procession today, January 27:

** gettyimages gallery **

Albert looks a little lonely without his wife or sisters with him. I wonder where everyone was?

I don't recall seeing a lone figure at the Palais window before :ohmy: I would have thought one of the Princesses could have been present.

I don't recall seeing a lone figure at the Palais window before :ohmy: I would have thought one of the Princesses could have been present.

In 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Prince Albert also attended mass and procession alone.
In 2011 and 2012 Charlene was present.

And here's another gallery:

** pp: Albert de Monaco : Abandonné par ses femmes pour le rituel de Sainte-Dévote **

And the gettyimages pics without watermarks:

** zimbio/gettyimages: Saint Devote Celebration - Mass At The Cathedral And Crowd Greeting **

** parismatch.com gallery: Albert, seul pour honorer Sainte-Dévote **

Last edited:
It was strange to see the Prince on his own on the Palace balcony yesterday after the Mass to mark the feast day of Monaco's patron saint.

Is Charlene still in Paris on the Fashion Shows?
Seems a bit strange, as I think, this is an important event - the Saint of Monaco, right?
BYe Bine

Is Charlene still in Paris on the Fashion Shows?
Seems a bit strange, as I think, this is an important event - the Saint of Monaco, right?
BYe Bine

Even if Charlene was in Paris,it was strange not to see Caroline or her daughter Alexandra,I believe they have both attended in the past. Then again perhaps Caroline and her family had other plans.

Even if Charlene was in Paris,it was strange not to see Caroline or her daughter Alexandra,I believe they have both attended in the past. Then again perhaps Caroline and her family had other plans.

Besides P. Charlene is the first lady of Monaco. She is the Soveraign's wife. That means duties and obligations to fulfill towards the monegasques and being present even at the borest of the occasions. Doesn't she understand that? :bang: :bang: :bang: P. Caroline is only the Soveraign's sister, and, as such her institutional role should be lighter than her sister in law's one. And she already has many cultural duties that she has to fulfill... And she has been fulfilling them non stop all over decades. HSH la Princesse Charlene should know that her role in Monaco is more than attend fashion shows in Paris!!! :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

Last edited:
Besides P. Charlene is the first lady of Monaco. She is the Soveraign's wife. That means duties and obligations to fulfill towards the monegasques and being present even at the borest of the occasions. Doesn't she understand that? :bang: :bang: :bang: P. Caroline is only the Soveraign's sister, and, as such her institutional role should be lighter than her sister in law's one. And she already has many cultural duties that she has to fulfill... And she has been fulfilling them non stop all over decades. HSH la Princesse Charlene should know that her role in Monaco is more than attend fashion shows in Paris!!! :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:
I suppose Caro is in Paris near Tatiana. I think Tatiana sooner or later will give birth to her baby.
By the way, Pierre was in Monaco yesterday for participating in the 16th historical Monte Carlo rally.

The palace said to the press that princess Charlene has the flu.

I attended to the gala last thuesday and we could see that Princess was ill, She coughed a lot at a moment, she called an aide who brought her a bottle 'Thermos, she put at her feet and she drank each time the lights were off.
She had her coat during all the spectacle and she left it when there was the ceremony of the trophées.
Many people in France has the flu too

Charlene said in the interview of december in Monaco Matin that she will be at the end of january in South Koréa to support the team of Special olympics of Monaco at the world games but I doubt she could attend to these games because she is ill.

If you have the flu, you tend not to be able to get out of bed at all. Let alone a few coughs and drinking water.

The palace said to the press that princess Charlene has the flu.

I attended to the gala last thuesday and we could see that Princess was ill, She coughed a lot at a moment, she called an aide who brought her a bottle 'Thermos, she put at her feet and she drank each time the lights were off.
She had her coat during all the spectacle and she left it when there was the ceremony of the trophées.
Many people in France has the flu too
what about Caro, though??

Back
Top Bottom