Sainte Devote Celebration: 2007 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Here are some more pics from the festivities yesterday evening (click on the
small versions to enlarge them). It's been nice to not only see Prince Albert
attending the event like in several previous years. Especially Princess Caroline
has been a wonderful surprise as she hasn't attended for years.

** Charlene Wittstock et Albert de Monaco complices lors d'une soirée enflammée ! **

And here are pics from today:

Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock attending the traditional Sainte Devote celebration
mass in Monaco January 27, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** daylife ** belga gallery **

** Charlene Wittstock et le prince Albert suivent la messe prononcée pour la Sainte-Dévote, le 27... **

** Hola: Charlene Wittstock, una 'princesa' en prácticas ** gallery **

Last edited:
There are many pictures on the ceremonies of to day on the site Profimedia and for those who live in europe, there is news about the site monaco info at every hour, it is explained what is this fest ,the life of Sainte Devote and there are reports about the ceremony of yesterday and to day. Monaco info is a tv on line

There are many pictures on the ceremonies of to day on the site Profimedia and for those who live in europe, there is news about the site monaco info at every hour, it is explained what is this fest ,the life of Sainte Devote and there are reports about the ceremony of yesterday and to day. Monaco info is a tv on line

what is the link to Monaco info tv online?

Charlene impresses me more and more every time she steps out, she looked the epitome of a regal princess of a catholic country. Loved her veil, and her whole outfit, and the one for the boat torch although she does tend to wear a lot of black . :/

On Corsica the feast is on January 31, no? Will Prince Albert and maybe Charlene go there for their version?

Charlene impresses me more and more every time she steps out, she looked the epitome of a regal princess of a catholic country. Loved her veil, and her whole outfit, and the one for the boat torch although she does tend to wear a lot of black . :/

How does a regal princess of a catholic country look like? Can you explain it? Is it only the looks that matter? I respect your opinion, but I´d like to know how you link CW with the phrase "epitome of princess", and how you get to that conclusion. If you don´t mind.

Charlene, in pic 3, seems a little uncomfortable. I know it's only a snapshot, a split second frozen in time, but I have seen her look like that before, and with Caroline too. Sometimes I think she is more comfortable with Stephanie and maybe Caroline is a little intimidating for her. I can sympathize! I love Caroline, but honestly, I think I would be afraid of her! But with Stephanie, I feel like I could hug her and love her like a friend. :lol:

Maybe Caroline is not a nice person, or maybe she is a nice person but Charlene does not like her, or maybe Stephanie looks nicer because she always look uncomforable herself and certainly always looks a mess, or maybe Charlene is just bored to tears. WHAT DO YOU KNOW? Sad to relate this way to people you only know from pictures.

Charlène was confortable everywhere, she learns her job of future Princess, and we see Princess Caroline and Charlene talk together on the photos and on the TV, On A photo they laugh together, we see the two sisters in law very confortable but we don't see Albert with her sister, on the TV, Albert enters in the Chapel and we see Charlene kissing Caroline when she arrives. Yes Charlène is very well in this fest of Saint Devote, she is not yet the princess of Monaco and she was there for the fest of Sainte Devote, last years Albert was alone and people of Monaco is pleased that the future princess will be there for the further years and for the fest of Sainte Devote which is always on january 26th and 27 th in Monaco. It is a very important fest for Monaco and a part Prince Albert who was always present the people of Monaco was not pleased the last years to see that the other members of the family were not present at the fest of the patron of Monaco

To answer to Agogo the site is Monaco info on line, there is only news on this TV, to day, who could see the news of Yesterday 8am,9pm untli 6pm, after there is other program, but as you from usa, you must watch the local hour. It I think there is 6 hours between hour of France and USA,

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad to see Charlene, for me she seems to be good a companion for Prince Albert. She is learning her job of future wife of the Monaco's ruler and I will watch her with pleasure.
I also find the cathedral very beautiful, pity that the wedding won't b held inside.

I really love more and more everyday the style of Charlene. She looks really elegant and I think she is doing very well. Always love her sweet attitude and smile :)

Maybe Caroline is not a nice person, or maybe she is a nice person but Charlene does not like her, or maybe Stephanie looks nicer because she always look uncomforable herself and certainly always looks a mess, or maybe Charlene is just bored to tears. WHAT DO YOU KNOW? Sad to relate this way to people you only know from pictures.

I'm sure Caroline is very polite and proper, and she is probably sweet to Charlene, and I'm sure they like each other but I just meant I can understand if Charlene is a *a little* intimidated by Caroline. Caroline is a little scary to me. I think she is a formidable woman. I just meant that Stephanie seems more relatable and warmer, at least she comes across more so in the pictures. I don't mean to say Caroline is not warm, not relatable. I know that she is from seeing her with her kids and her brother and friends.... Yet I think Caroline is just very formidable, and can be a bit bad-ass/scary sometimes! Do you know what I mean? :lol:

there is on you tube a report called"sainte devote monaco", it is a report on the sainte devote fest

I agree with you CasirahiTrio,I understand what you want to mean

I'm sure Caroline is very polite and proper, and she is probably sweet to Charlene, and I'm sure they like each other but I just meant I can understand if Charlene is a *a little* intimidated by Caroline. Caroline is a little scary to me. I think she is a formidable woman. I just meant that Stephanie seems more relatable and warmer, at least she comes across more so in the pictures. I don't mean to say Caroline is not warm, not relatable. I know that she is from seeing her with her kids and her brother and friends.... Yet I think Caroline is just very formidable, and can be a bit bad-ass/scary sometimes! Do you know what I mean? :lol:

Yes I think I know what you mean but you clearly do not understand what I mean. More and more I find it very strange to have these strong opinions about relationships between people we only know from pictures. No problem for me to talk about their appearances, clothes, hairdo's etc. but actually we do not know anything else. I always liked Caroline's dress sense but I have no particular sympathy for her as a human being, let alone that I think that she is a "formidable" woman. What exactly makes her formidable? That she comes across as haughty? The "good causes" she is involved in? You get my point? :D

Well, I think we have much more than pictures by which to make assessments of the Princess Caroline, the Prince Albert, and the Princess Stephanie. It's true that in doing so we are being judgmental, but this is a normal thing we do in our daily lives. We make judgments about people, some good judgments and some bad ones, everyday. We can make a judgment and say that President Obama is a formidable opponent in a debate, just as we can say Princess Caroline is formidable in the same kind of way because she can knock you out with her knowledge of a subject and her leadership or dominance, whatever the case may be (I think she is not a wallflower!)!:cool: Caroline can give you a look that kills! :D "Charlene, don't mess with me, and we will get along just fine!" She's older and bigger (not physically, but rather 'bigger' in experience, and probably in mental ability too) than Charlene, the newbie on the block, and from what I have read of Caroline, as well as what I can observe in pictures, .:ROFLMAO: I think Caroline likes being in charge. That's all I mean. It's not a criticism. I just think she's very Alpha! :boxing:

Ditto CasiTrio. For those of you who remember the TV show Kung Fu, I have this vision of PC as the master and Charlene as grasshopper.

haha! OK, Caroline established as an Alpha? Hola.com has coverage for both days of this event.

Nice pic in there of Caro and Charlene, btw. Caro looks @ Charlene with something resembling pride? I sincerely hope everything is good among them all, that Albert and Charlene are genuinely 'in love' have what it takes to make the marriage work. In short, I'm hoping for the best here. I don't know how likely such hopes are to materialize, but in the absence of any proof to the contrary, it makes sense to assume they are as likely as any other! :)

It's worth remembering that the village of Lucciana in Corsica is twinned with Monaco and celebrates the Sainte-Dévote festival on January 30th.

Occasionally, PA visits Lucciana.

I don't know what PA has been up to lately but he looks wonderful...he even appears to be growing some hair back!:lol:

I love that black coat CW was wearing....very chic.

I think too that he let his hair grow or he made some implants to have more hair

Prince Albert, Princess Charlene, Princess Caroline and Princess Alexandra attended the
Sainte Devote procession in Monaco today, January 26, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

** gettyimages/daylife gallery ** belga ** AP/daylife gallery **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery ** gettyimages/wireimage ** wenn gallery **

** puretrend: Charlene Wittstock, allumez le feu ! **

** purepeople: Albert et Charlene, avec Stéphanie et Alexandra, s'enflamment pour Sainte-Dévote **

Last edited:
The burning of the boat always takes place at night on the 26th of January and the mass at the cathedral and balcony appearance will be tomorrow on the 27th. I always think the Monaco Princesses look so beautiful in their black lace veils at this ceremony and can't wait to see pics of them tomorrow.

Noticed on National Day that Princess Alexandra wasn't in the Cathedral with the rest of Caroline's children. Presumed that maybe Prince Ernst didn't want her at a Catholic mass but considering that in Royal circles these days this isn't rare (ie Royals from different faiths attending each other's churches) I really don't know what's going on. Caroline does seem to be the parent who is with PA most of the time so it's nice to see her participating in events like Sainte Devote which have such a strong connection to her mother's family and faith.

Last edited:
It seems they are all very happy.

I love to see the Princess Charlene involved in religious ceremonies of Catholic origin, we all know that recently she converted to Catholicism, well done. :flowers:

I´m happy for Caroline ... is back again, and super cheerful. :lol:

The Princess Charlene ... seems to look for a favor/grace of the Sainte Devote !!!

Photo from Reuters Pictures

Last edited:
Last edited:
Great pictures. Thank you iceflower :flowers:

To me Charlene seems happier than ever.

Prince Albert, Princess Charlene, Princess Caroline and Princess Alexandra attended the
Sainte Devote procession in Monaco today

Pic 8 **

The pictures are great but Pic 8 is especially wonderful. Such a great depiction of the family really having a marvellous time. :flowers:

Don't the women normally wear all black and veils to the church? That's what I remember from last year...

Back
Top Bottom