Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Noble and ladylike for her? In Monaco the Prince Souvrain controls everything. Princess Caroline Is the President of : Amade, Prince Pierre Foundatiion, Philarmonica Orchestra, Garden Club, Printemps des Arts, Montecarlo Ballets and vice president of Princess Grace . This since almost 37 years. Do you think Charlene would be able to handle these duties? After 12 years she can't speak franch!

Could not agree more with you.

:previous:

You're most welcome! :flowers::flowers:

Prior to the traditional lunch Princess Caroline offers to the performing artists of the Rose Ball, Caroline has given an interview to Stéphane Bern and Point de Vue about the Rose Ball and her friendship with Karl Lagerfeld:

** pdv: Notre entretien exclusif avec Caroline de Hanovre ** translation **

Please copy the text itself into a google translation, the usual google translation is not helpful here..

:previous:

The article is about the Point de Vue interview mentioned above.

A glimpse at the 2019 Bal de la Rose.

Is this the first year of the Rose Ball without Karl Lagerfeld or had he already passed away?

I was wondering if it will go ahead .

While its sad that its had to be postponed its really the best decision IMO.

Just as well - it was probably going to be half empty and not worth the risk. Wise decision by the SBM who are the ones responsible for this event.

Wonder how long this ban on these kinds of events will go on for. What about the tennis, Princess Charlene rugby tournament thing or indeed, her gala event that she's planning?

I've been wondering about the tennis. I was surprised that Indian Wells was postponed because of just one case in the area, but I can't see the Rome Masters/Italian Open going ahead as things are, and Monte Carlo's so close to Italy that I suspect the Monte Carlo Masters'll be off too. It's hard even to guess at how long this is going to go on for - it seems to be calming down in China and South Korea now, but they're at least a month ahead of the Western countries affected.

The corona virus is not a dangerious illness, it is not worst for the persons with good health , it is dangerious for the people who are old for persons with krebs or diabet, we must respect to wash our hands, not to shake the hands of persons or to kiss them

But the problem is that we Don't know what will be the lifetime of the epidemic, a month, 2 months six months?

The outdoor sports without contact are not dangerious if the spectators are not side by side

The galas are dangerious because it is a room , the persons are sideby side at the dinner, they dance in a little place side by side , for the bal de la rose , there are a lot of italian people who are attending this bal, they cannot come this year to attend this event also it is Wise to postponed

The tennis will still take place on april 10thto april 19th 2020, perhaps it will be postponed or canceled

I think that other royal events will be canceled or postponed in other monarchies, the royal forums will have less work

I was waiting for this announcement. I hope it does take place at some point this year to raise funds for the PGMF.

An announcement will be released next days for the bal de la rose, we will know more about this bal de la rose, Monaco Matin is saying that perhaps the bal de la rose will take place at the last year

A press release has been released , the football matches will be played without public until april 15th 2020, the other events like the sports events or gala are maintened but it can be changed

It seems that the tablecloths destined for the Rose Ball are being turned into masks and sold to raise money for the Princess Grace Foundation. Seems like a good idea to me.

It seems that the tablecloths destined for the Rose Ball are being turned into masks and sold to raise money for the Princess Grace Foundation. Seems like a good idea to me.

That's a great idea!!! Not only for it's simbolism, but it's also a clever way to turn a great loss ( of Money ) into " small " proffit… I like it!!! :flowers:

Update - according to Paris Match the cloth used is from a couple of years ago. Which makes sense if they are hoping to hold this year's theme next year.

That will never be FFP masks with regulated EU norms for measured aerosol filtration to keep any virus away. It is a fancy idea, masks made from table cloths from the Bal de la Rose but anyone will understand the tablecloth alone will be no any hindrance to a virus.

Better use the tableclothes for next Bal de la Rose.

That will never be FFP masks with regulated EU norms for measured aerosol filtration to keep any virus away. It is a fancy idea, masks made from table cloths from the Bal de la Rose but anyone will understand the tablecloth alone will be no any hindrance to a virus.

Better use the tableclothes for next Bal de la Rose.
No cloth mask of any kind is a great hindrance to the Coronavirus. The purpose of short term wearing of a mask is to cut down on the wearer spreading the virus rather than catching it. Any kind of material covering the mouth and nose worn for a short period and then washed is therefore fine. Nobody was proposing that they be worn in a medical setting. And the sale raises money for a good cause. So it seems to me to be a perfectly good use of cloth serving no other purpose.

No cloth mask of any kind is a great hindrance to the Coronavirus. The purpose of short term wearing of a mask is to cut down on the wearer spreading the virus rather than catching it. Any kind of material covering the mouth and nose worn for a short period and then washed is therefore fine. Nobody was proposing that they be worn in a medical setting. And the sale raises money for a good cause. So it seems to me to be a perfectly good use of cloth serving no other purpose.

My suggestion would be: leave the tableclothes, let the honourable ladies and gentlemen multi-miliardaires donate the price for the tableclothes to the producer of medical masks.

Now tableclothes have to be transported to a facility, washed chemically, ripped up to pieces in a factory, dozens of seamstressses and seamsters have to create these masks, which have to be sealed, packed, transported, distributed.

And next year: new tableclothes have to be ordered. The most economic unlogic process anyone ever can imagine. Just a small donation from those tax-avoiding milliardaires in the principauté (which causes less tax revenues in their homelands for fighting the vrius...) is a 100 times more effective in acquiring masks than re-using tableclothes from the Bal de la Rose.

:shock:

Last edited:
The cloth doesn't have to be washed chemically in any special process. And they certainly don't require some specialty factory of seamstresses to make. They can be made by anyone who can hold a needle and thread, and there are designs that don't even require sewing.

Its become very common for people to be encouraged to make masks to donate to people on the front lines. Yes the 'medical ones' need to be of different quality, but these cloth ones no.

They are using old table cloths from years ago. They would be buying new table cloths next year one way or another. Its not like they are going to put themselves into debt by donating the table cloths this year.

My family have masks made from my mother's left over quilt fabric, tree skirts and baby bibs of all things. Some people will be able to say 'look I have a mask from a royal charity ball'.

People like to donate to charity even more when there is a novelty to things.

The cloth doesn't have to be washed chemically in any special process. And they certainly don't require some specialty factory of seamstresses to make. They can be made by anyone who can hold a needle and thread, and there are designs that don't even require sewing.

Its become very common for people to be encouraged to make masks to donate to people on the front lines. Yes the 'medical ones' need to be of different quality, but these cloth ones no.

They are using old table cloths from years ago. They would be buying new table cloths next year one way or another. Its not like they are going to put themselves into debt by donating the table cloths this year.

My family have masks made from my mother's left over quilt fabric, tree skirts and baby bibs of all things. Some people will be able to say 'look I have a mask from a royal charity ball'.

People like to donate to charity even more when there is a novelty to things.

Well, if the multi-milliardaire tax-avoiders in the principauté have sunk so low that table cloths from a fundraiser have to be shredded to pieces to create totally ineffective masks: be my guest. It is economically as unlogic as bringing water to the sea.

:wacko:

Well, if the multi-milliardaire tax-avoiders in the principauté have sunk so low that table cloths from a fundraiser have to be shredded to pieces to create totally ineffective masks: be my guest. It is economically as unlogic as bringing water to the sea.

:wacko:
I don't think the masks are for the "tax-avoiders". They're on sale in the Boutique du Rocher - aimed at tourists and people with a little less money who pay tax.

And again - they aren't totally ineffective.

Back
Top Bottom