Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hurray! Can't wait to see photos of my favorite Royals. Yeah, yeah I know they are Princely not Royal but I don't care.;)

Though I was no fan of Karl Lagerfeld I'm sure the Princess of Hanover will miss him tonight.

Carole Bouquet looks positively STUNNING. Talk about ageless!:ohmy:

I believe this is her first Ball de la Rose.:whistling:

Is The Princess of Hanover wearing her mothers diamond and pearl necklace?

Carole Bouquet looks positively STUNNING. Talk about ageless!:ohmy:

I believe this is her first Ball de la Rose.:whistling:
She does look amazing - I believe she attended once before many years ago.

Is that her younger son's wife (also a Charlotte) beside her, does anyone know? She looks like her.

Is The Princess of Hanover wearing her mothers diamond and pearl necklace?

Yes, she's wearing the whole set, necklace, earrings and bracelet. I don't know why Charlene never wears any of Grace's jewels.

Yes, she's wearing the whole set, necklace, earrings and bracelet. I don't know why Charlene never wears any of Grace's jewels.

I cannot see Alexandra's jewels. Are there other pics, more close?

She does look amazing - I believe she attended once before many years ago.

Is that her younger son's wife (also a Charlotte) beside her, does anyone know? She looks like her.

Carole indeed attended the Rose Ball before - in 1999, see here.

And yes, it's Charlotte Giacobetti, wife of Carole's younger son Louis Giacobetti.

The Duke and Duchess of Castro have been regulars at this event over the past few years and seem to enjoy a good relationship with Prince Albert II.

Those jewels belonged to Grace and after her death Caroline and Stephanie inherited them.

Sublime Carole Bouquet and Beatrice Casiraghi.
Wrong dresses for Caroline and Charlotte.
Happy to see the pearl parrure , wedding present from Prince Rainier to Princess Grace, but its glamour is over ..

I don't like Princess Caroline and Princess Charlotte outfit. I think Princess Caroline wears Chanel, while Charlotte is wearing YSL. I'm happy to see Prince Albert together with Princess Caroline and all her family.

:previous: On the contrary, a diamond and pearl parure NEVER loses it's glamour!:cool:;)

Princesse Charlene has not attended this event since shortly after the twins were born. She has chosen to associate herself exclusively with the Red Cross Ball and leave the Rose Ball to Princess Caroline and her children and their spouses.

It's disappointing because I loved seeing the entire extended clan together at both events.

But this is the way it is now.:ermm:

It's great to see Princess Grace's pearls worn for the first time in public since Princess Grace's death AFAIK. Also, qvc now sells copies of Princess Grace's jewellery and I got the impression that some jewellery was "Grimaldi" given to Princess Grace soon after the wedding. I wish Princess Charlène would wear some of it in order to show that the jewels are still "Grimaldi" and connected to the throne of Monaco. However, if Princess Grace left all of her jewels to her two daughters, it would mean that Princess Charlène only has her own jewels and I wonder why she did not wear some of her own jewels when she attended a Swedish royal wedding a few years back. There is no point marrying a Prince and not wearing the ice when the invitation is for sash and star and diamonds.

I think it is really a disgrace that Charlene cannot attend the Ball. She is part of Monaco life and so why is she unable to attend this long standing Ball. I am really puzzled!

Charlene didn't attend Circus Festival also. I think that every member of princely family has a role and a space. Monaco is more importante than silly rivalry.Albert handles this situation with intelligence.

I think it is really a disgrace that Charlene cannot attend the Ball. She is part of Monaco life and so why is she unable to attend this long standing Ball. I am really puzzled!

If she wanted she could attend but it seems she doesn't want to.

It's great to see Princess Grace's pearls worn for the first time in public since Princess Grace's death AFAIK. Also, qvc now sells copies of Princess Grace's jewellery and I got the impression that some jewellery was "Grimaldi" given to Princess Grace soon after the wedding. I wish Princess Charlène would wear some of it in order to show that the jewels are still "Grimaldi" and connected to the throne of Monaco. However, if Princess Grace left all of her jewels to her two daughters, it would mean that Princess Charlène only has her own jewels and I wonder why she did not wear some of her own jewels when she attended a Swedish royal wedding a few years back. There is no point marrying a Prince and not wearing the ice when the invitation is for sash and star and diamonds.

In museum exhibitions about Grace a lot of jewellery worn by her features along with pieces that I thought definately belonged only to Caroline such as the diamond and pearl Cartier tiara. These pieces are always labelled as belonging to the Prince of Monaco so the question of ownership is confusing. If sets like the pearls don't actually belong to Caroline then Charlene should also be able to use them but then Caroline had been wearing her mother's jewels for so many years before Albert married that perhaps she has kind of taken them over and dosn't want to share them. Who knows?

I just seen Tatiana at the ball and I think her diamond earrings also belonged to Grace.

In museum exhibitions about Grace a lot of jewellery worn by her features along with pieces that I thought definately belonged only to Caroline such as the diamond and pearl Cartier tiara. These pieces are always labelled as belonging to the Prince of Monaco so the question of ownership is confusing. If sets like the pearls don't actually belong to Caroline then Charlene should also be able to use them but then Caroline had been wearing her mother's jewels for so many years before Albert married that perhaps she has kind of taken them over and dosn't want to share them. Who knows?

When it's said that these jewels belong to the Prince of Monaco, I suppose it means that they belong to the "crown". So, the members of the princely family borrow them, in order to weat them.

Yet MORE 'dereliction of duty' from the [titular] 'Princess of Monaco'...

Beatrice's the only one to never be 'off topic' where hairstyle and attire are concerned. She reminds a bit of Paola of the Belgians and Sophia Loren. Shame her conceit is a turnoff.

Back
Top Bottom