Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't like Caroline's dress even if I'm her fan since she was young. The most I'd like is Charlotte's dress.....so beautiful. I saw the Casiraghi cousins from Marco's Family. This means how good are the relationship between Caroline and her sons and daughter with Stefano's Family.

As far as the Princely Couple is concerned I personally think Albert left to Caroline, who served her Country as the First Lady from 1982 to 1990 and then from 1992 till 2010, the "Bal de la Rose" to recognize her sister wonderful Job. Albert cannot do in other way, he needs to have her wife happy, and this is the only way to reach that goal.

Not to mention that Charlene suffered Caroline standing and competence. That s really a pity to have the two galas of the year divided per attendance. The Principality needs to have a united Family!

In some photos Charlotte's boa looks pink and in others like the DM article it's definitely white as others have said.

In any case the final verdict is in..I love the dress after all!

It's theatrical and elegant at the same time. And I am willing to bet the boa was detachable for dinner and dancing afterwards.

I have been observing Charlotte at this Ball for over a decade, and for the past two times she has seemed so happy and radiant.

Whatever...or whomever. ..has changed her smile from that hard forced semi smirk she used to give photographers is to be commended!

Last edited:
I don't like Caroline's dress even if I'm her fan since she was young. The most I'd like is Charlotte's dress.....so beautiful. I saw the Casiraghi cousins from Marco's Family. This means how good are the relationship between Caroline and her sons and daughter with Stefano's Family.

As far as the Princely Couple is concerned I personally think Albert left to Caroline, who served her Country as the First Lady from 1982 to 1990 and then from 1992 till 2010, the "Bal de la Rose" to recognize her sister wonderful Job. Albert cannot do in other way, he needs to have her wife happy, and this is the only way to reach that goal.

Not to mention that Charlene suffered Caroline standing and competence. That s really a pity to have the two galas of the year divided per attendance. The Principality needs to have a united Family!

The Princess of Hannover is the president of the Fondation Princesse Grace. The revenues of the fundraising (the Bal de la Rose) goes to that foundation. Princess Caroline automatically is the focus of that Ball.

I'm curious...on this occasion, who will have opened the dance floor, P Caroline and...?

Did you notice she's only wearing one ear ring?

And I agree with posters who have said before that Charlotte and Dimitri make a lovely couple. I hope for her sake that this relationship will go the distance.

In some photos Charlotte's boa looks pink and in others like the DM article it's definitely white as others have said.

In any case the final verdict is in..I love the dress after all!

It's theatrical and elegant at the same time. And I am willing to bet the boa was detachable for dinner and dancing afterwards.

I have been observing Charlotte at this Ball for over a decade, and for the past two times she has seemed so happy and radiant.

Whatever...or whomever. ..has changed her smile from that hard forced semi smirk she used to give photographers is to be commended!

I think the family has a lot of fun at this Rose Ball! It always has a vague fantasy theme without being a costume ball. The females of the family have in recent memory pushed the fashion boundaries at this Ball which I think makes it fun for them. Dressing out is always more fun than simply dressing up. Karl's presence has intensified that trend.
I also think they have a great time watching the dancers; year after year we get photos of the family ladies whooping it up next to the dance floor. And good for them/that. It makes for some very real and happy family photos. They don't get caught in awkward dance photos but there are lots of pictures of them laughing out loud. Not often required of princesses. But still, nice to see. :flowers:

Charlotte has lost that worn/hard edge she had for so long, she's put a little weight on and seems very happy now.

LaRae

Did you notice she's only wearing one ear ring?

And I agree with posters who have said before that Charlotte and Dimitri make a lovely couple. I hope for her sake that this relationship will go the distance.

Yes I did notice that after I posted that she was not wearing any jewelry except for her new ring. Someone on another board posited that this was to keep the earring on her left...the one closet to the boa, from getting tangled in the feathers.

But why not just wear smaller earrings in TWO ears? ?

Paris Match reports that Dimitri was wearing one earring as well. .perhaps in a show of solidarity with his fiancée? :lol:

Yes I did notice that after I posted that she was not wearing any jewelry except for her new ring. Someone on another board posited that this was to keep the earring on her left...the one closet to the boa, from getting tangled in the feathers.

But why not just wear smaller earrings in TWO ears? ?

Paris Match reports that Dimitri was wearing one earring as well. .perhaps in a show of solidarity with his fiancée? [emoji38]
She only wore one earring last year as well, on the side her hair wasn't brushed towards. It must be a thing...

The Princess of Hannover is the president of the Fondation Princesse Grace. The revenues of the fundraising (the Bal de la Rose) goes to that foundation. Princess Caroline automatically is the focus of that Ball.

Agree with you. Can you kindly explain why the Princely Family, who used to be there in the past years, are not attending anymore. Thanks a lot

I really rather love Alexandra's dress but paired with her fresh scrubbed very young looking face and casual pulled back ponytail it just didn't work.:sad:

[....] They don't get caught in awkward dance photos but there are lots of pictures of them laughing out loud. Not often required of princesses. But still, nice to see. :flowers:

There was only one Princess of course...

I thought all ladies looked charming. It was one of the best balls -fashionwise- of the latest years.

I thought all ladies looked charming. It was one of the best balls -fashionwise- of the latest years.

I agree, very nice outfits, very happy persons !
The absence of Prince Albert was very obvious, though. It seems Rose Ball is a Casiraghi-Hanover object and not the whole princely family, although the event's benefits are for the Princess Grace Foundation.

I don't understand why Stéphanie's children weren't present

It is THE Casiraghi-Hannover and Karl Lagersfeld's Event. I wonder how much the guests had to pay ?

It was so cool to see Afra Casiraghi Marchetti at the ball. And Charlotte and Dimitri of course. I suppose it was Dimitri's first ball? (I mean, I know his mother attended in the past, so maybe he attended a long time ago? But I'm sure if that was the case, someone would have found that photo evidence by now.:lol:)

In terms of a sense of overall happiness and excitement this was the most successful Rose Ball in years, imo.;)

Paris Match online has some fantastic photos.

Yes tatianacressida...this was Dimitri's Rose Ball debut. At last year's Ball the rumours about his relationship with Charlotte had just begun circulate and really picked up steam when Charlotte wore a gown that Caroline had worn while co hosting an event with Dimitri's mother.

Last edited:
I don't understand why Stéphanie's children weren't present
I think Stéphanie's kids never attended Rose Ball. I doubt if they even attended Red Cross Ball. They only attend the Monte Carlo Circus festival.

Back
Top Bottom