Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok... what was Charlotte with that dress thinking!
The colour and the whole style of it is terrible.

Seeing the three last named persons attending the Bal de la Rose, I have every understanding for the absence of Her Serene Highness...

:whistling:

I'm sure she's far far away from being that snobbish ;)

Here are some more pics:

** voici.fr gallery **

** pm gallery: Le 61ème bal de la Rose à Monaco **

** pp gallery: Bal de la Rose : Caroline sublime, Albert sans Charlene, au chevet de leur fille **

** hellomagazine: Beatrice Borromeo parties with her future in-laws at Monaco's Rose Ball **

** dailymail: Shake it off! Lily Allen gets the royal family of Monaco out of their seats...**

Last edited by a moderator:
The DM article identifies Charlotte Casiraghi as a "pal" of Prince Albert.:eek::lol:

Seriously? How do these rags hire their staff...do they lose bets with them or something? Beyond dumb, sloppy reporting!

Bea's mother was there and what a goodlooking woman she is :) Pierre and Beatrice made the evening even more glamorous.

Last edited:
A great gown? Glorious even? Eeeeerh... Taste is in the eye of the beholder, I know, I know.

However, to me it looks like the underpaid immigrants hired to glue to countless pailettes on the bodice of the dress went on strike, somewhere halfway this dress. The genius of the designer was that he managed to sell this half-fabricate as "Très haute couture, madame!"

You're a tough crowd, Duc_et_Pair. ;) One could say that about all of it. Why not mention the underpaid immigrants slaving away in the kitchens to prepare the feast for the high and mighty? So why does this one draw your particular animus?

The dress is very risqué 1920's, like this one linked to below. At least, imo, and I will admit I am not an authority in this area.

LINK: Beatrice Borromeo joins Charlotte Casiraghi and Princess Caroline at Monaco's Rose Ball - Photo 7 | Celebrity news in hellomagazine.com

Last edited:
Is this the first time Alexandra has attended the Rose Ball? I don't think she was present last year.

Journalist Arnault Cohen about Charlene's absence, Gabriella is not feeling well.
https://twitter.com/Arnault06/status/581906081233924096

I hope little Gabriella gets well soon and also that her illness is nothing too serious.

The Duke and Duchess of Castro are reportedly friends of Albert. But they strike me as reality TV personalities who are only impersonating Royalty...particularly the wife, Camilla.:cool:

I've heard that as well, though they also live in Monte Carlo. I think they've attended the Rose Ball for most years so I wasn't surprised to see them attend this year.

Albert is responsible for introducing the Castros to one another. Both he and Rainier attended their nuptials in Monaco.

Is this the first time Alexandra has attended the Rose Ball? I don't think she was present last year.

Yes, it's been the first time she attended one of the two annual balls in Monaco :flowers:

Can we see a close-up of Bea's mother?

You can find several pics in the already posted galleries. Here's one for example, not that close, but still good for a mother-daughter comparison :)

Beatrice and her sister have done alright. B is engaged to Pierre and her sister is married to the CEO of Fiat.

Yes, it's been the first time she attended one of the two annual balls in Monaco :flowers:

You can find several pics in the already posted galleries. Here's one for example, not that close, but still good for a mother-daughter comparison :)

Lovely dress, however, women of a certain age need to wear sleeves .... as evidenced by this lady and Princess Carolina.

^^^. Agree, although both of them are wearing lovely gowns...they need to be wearing sleeves. Nice to see P Alexandra there for the first time, but really a shame that P Steph, her kids and P Charlene could not attend.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

^^^. Agree, although both of them are wearing lovely gowns...they need to be wearing sleeves. Nice to see P Alexandra there for the first time, but really a shame that P Steph, her kids and P Charlene could not attend.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

I was really looking forward to seeing Stephanie's pretty Pauline and I had high hopes that she would attend this year...she seems to have raised her profile.

But I don't think any of the Ducruets have ever attended the Rose or Red Cross Balls.:sad:

Why wasn´t Alexandra on the group photo done of the rest of the family after arriving......:whistling:

I was really looking forward to seeing Stephanie's pretty Pauline and I had high hopes that she would attend this year...she seems to have raised her profile.

But I don't think any of the Ducruets have ever attended the Rose or Red Cross Balls.:sad:

As they haven't attended any of the balls yet, I somehow doubt we'll ever see them there. And if it did happen, I think they would much more likely attend the Red Cross Ball as that's been Princess Stephanie's favourite one during the last years ( I think the last Rose Ball Stephanie attended was in 2003).

Here are two more galleries - with two lovely pics of Alexandra and Pierre dancing:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** pm: Du rose pour Charlotte et Alexandra, du blanc pour Caroline **

** pp gallery: Charlotte Casiraghi : Divine au côté de son frère Pierre et sa fiancée Beatrice **

Last edited:
Beatrice and her sister have done alright. B is engaged to Pierre and her sister is married to the CEO of Fiat.

The third sister is married to a Prince Von Furstenberg and the forth one to an Italian Count.

Why wasn´t Alexandra on the group photo done of the rest of the family after arriving......:whistling:

It was my wonder too. Usually the princely couple/Pcs Caroline enter first, followed by the Casiraghis and the de Massy. But no pic of pcs Alexandra's entrance. Unless she came later. This year I noticed there're a few official pics of the entrance.

Last edited by a moderator:
The third sister is married to a Prince Von Furstenberg and the forth one to an Italian Count.

Her eldest half sister Isabella is married to an Italian Count, an oil baron; her other half sister Lavinia is married to John Elkann the owner of FCA (former FIAT); and her youngest half sister Matilde is married to a German prince.

So Donna Paola was there. This means that the two lovebirds are officially engaded to marry, although there hasn't been an announcement from Caroline.

Seems like Caroline ignored Paola. Perhaps she hoped in a richer or noble daughter-in-law or both. Besides I think Caroline doesn't like the idea of having Bea's grandmother, who was sentenced for fraud, among her in laws.

VARESE: EREDITA' GUTTUSO, CONDANNATA A 8 MESI MARTA MARZOTTO

i may be the only one, but i really like charlotte's dress! it's different and she pulls it off beautifully. i love the 'vintage' feel it has to it and the cut is beautiful.

i may be the only one, but i really like charlotte's dress! it's different and she pulls it off beautifully. i love the 'vintage' feel it has to it and the cut is beautiful.

You aren't the only one. I quite like it as well.:flowers:

Maybe Alexandra only came for the concert?

Beatrice's brother married fashion designer Marta Ferri.

Last edited:
One of the Casiraghi cousins was dancing with Charlotte. Has anyone ever seen a photo of Charlotte dancing with anyone other than her brothers or females? Seems odd. I do remember reading that she danced with Jean Rochefort, but he is old enough to be her grandfather.

You aren't the only one. I quite like it as well.:flowers:

Ditto, ditto. :flowers: It does have a 'vintage' feel to it, and she is amazing. She'd make a potato sack look elegant.

Charlotte's hair and makeup, amazing. Her dress...I was hoping Gucci had exclusive rights to dressing her. I wonder if she knows she doesn't look her best in Chanel. Would be lovely if she recreates that Giambattista Valli light blue gown that made her look every inch a princess.

I think she looks amazing in Chanel day wear. The beautiful ivory chenille suit with matching hat that she wore to Albert's Investiture as well as the powder pink dress edged in black that she wore to his Nuptial Mass were Chanel, and I was crazy in love with both of them.

It's the evening wear where things are a little less impressive.:ermm:

Rose Ball - March 28th, 2015

Charlotte's hair and makeup, amazing. Her dress...I was hoping Gucci had exclusive rights to dressing her. I wonder if she knows she doesn't look her best in Chanel. Would be lovely if she recreates that Giambattista Valli light blue gown that made her look every inch a princess.

Yes the Gianbattista Valli gown was a fairy gown. A pitty she never worn it again. I presume it was a loan she never recycles her evening gowns. I presume they are all loans. She just wears them once. She gives them back and she forgets them.
I never ever saw her twice with the same gown. Never.
All the other "real" royals own evening gowns, they recycle them and they modify them. I think Charlotte, having not a real official role in Monaco she considers not needing evening gowns. Once or twice per year, if needed she just chooses one from Chanel or elsewhere. She wears it for a couple of hours and returns it.

Last edited:
Charlotte has worn her mother's dresses and coats from when PC was the same age.

Back
Top Bottom