Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It surprises me that Charlene is not there! I can see no reason for her no be there, unless she is ill... She has attended few events after the birth of her children, has two nannies, and I can not understand why she missed such an important evening... Besides, I think her names was in in the invitation...

I can see Caroline, Albert, Pierre, Beatrice, Charlotte, Duke and Duchess of Castro, Prince Emanuele Filiberto.

oooh Beatrice and Emanuele in the same room, after all that happened on twitter! It will be interesting to see... Another thought crossed my mind: maybe those who came along wit P. Albert are the future godparents? Who knows...

I don't care for Charlotte's dress at all. Caroline looks super-elegant, like a flapper. If only she was wearing a supportive undergarment.:whistling:

Who is the woman with Emanuele Filiberto?

The whole family has embraced the theme of the ball which is a pleasure to see. The Rose Ball is the nearest we get to a costumed ball and I think the fashions should be judged in this way. Caroline's hairstyle is an integral part of her interpretation of the look. Lovely to see her taking the opportunity to show off that wonderful fringe necklace/tiara too.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I can see Caroline, Albert, Pierre, Beatrice, Charlotte, Duke and Duchess of Castro, Prince Emanuele Filiberto.

Beatrice's mother (Paola Marzotto), a super elegant lady, was there too!! I think her presence is not random.
I also find Beatrice very elegant. Charlotte was very beautiful, but her goan was not flattering.
I didn't like Caroline's goan and hair style. I think she looked very old. She deserved some other goan. Her legs are not flattering at all.

Beatrice mother never attended before so I think her presence is the ultimate clue that we'llsoon have an official announcement of the wedding

I can't see Princess Caroline's legs - how are they not flattering?

Beatrice mother never attended before so I think her presence is the ultimate clue that we'llsoon have an official announcement of the wedding

Agree. Nevertheless this family is funny. They use such codified signs in order not to announce the obvious. And on the other hand most of them have kids around without any problem.

Thanks for the photos!
The ball seems to grow duller and tackier.

It is nice see Kenzo Takada attending the Ball. It is unfortunate that Prince Emmanuel-Filliberto attended the event with a female friend. I am disappointed with Beatrice Borromeo's look. Charlotte's makeup and dress are terrible.

Last edited:
I knew there would be a very valid reason for P Charlene not to attend. Thank you, LadyFinn, for ending al unnecessary speculation right there. Hope the little one will be better soon...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Princess Alexandra went to the bal this evening. There is a picture of her talking to PA on Casiraghi Trio site. Funny they didn't include her in the family picture. Maybe because of her age.

Moaco Matin said that princess Gabriella was ill and Charlene could not come.

I agree. I think there could be a civil ceremony as early as next month, followed by a grand Church wedding in the Borromeo Islands later this summer.

Seeing the three last named persons attending the Bal de la Rose, I have every understanding for the absence of Her Serene Highness...

:whistling:

The Duke and Duchess of Castro are reportedly friends of Albert. But they strike me as reality TV personalities who are only impersonating Royalty...particularly the wife, Camilla.:cool:

Who is this beautiful woman in this glorious gown! :flowers: Great gown!

LINK: Rose Ball 2015 In Aid Of The Princess Grace Foundation In Monaco - Pictures - Zimbio

A great gown? Glorious even? Eeeeerh... Taste is in the eye of the beholder, I know, I know.

However, to me it looks like the underpaid immigrants hired to glue to countless pailettes on the bodice of the dress went on strike, somewhere halfway this dress. The genius of the designer was that he managed to sell this half-fabricate as "Très haute couture, madame!"

:lol:

The Duke and Duchess of Castro are reportedly friends of Albert. But they strike me as reality TV personalities who are only impersonating Royalty...particularly the wife, Camilla.:cool:

The Duchess can look subdued and then suddenly she looks dignified. But sadly she seems to go for the Barbie-look, which does no one any favour, to say it with understatement...

Camilla di Castro has the same 'problem' as Clotilde di Savoia: the "over-posing" (the upper body 2/3 turned towards the photographers, the legs strategically crossed, making big doll's eyes, boobs forward and derrière backward and oh yes.... the goldfish' lips attitude!) All this in the weird assumption that it results in the best photographs....

:lol:

The Duke and Duchess of Castro are reportedly friends of Albert. [....]

The Bal de la Rose is a fundraising event in favour of La Fondation Princesse Grace. The contents of someone's wallet seems more important, for this event. The Princess of Hannover is chair of the Fondation, so it is Caroline who eventually is in charge of the invitation policy, not the Prince.

:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom