Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the Rose Ball is always one of the tackiest of the season in Monaco and putting Kaiser Karl in charge just made it more so. Perhaps if he had just stuck to a Belle Epoque theme instead of trying to blend Belle Epoque with Pop the costumes would have been better.

Just can't resist posting a pic of a Rose Ball in Grace's day. ( I think this was her last one). Yes times have moved on, and the current Monaco royals can look wonderful at times, but imo Grace always looked good.

pic pic

Yes, glamour was at its peak those days... The wardrobe and the hairdos
of the ladies, the decor... Considering that this is the Rose Ball, i hardly see roses in the decor. Pitty... :ermm: :sad: :ermm:

Beatrice was the best. She has a inner elegance whatever she wears.

Beatrice is a goddess of beauty and elegance. Always tres chic, when she wears a jean or a gown. And her body posture is perfect. She' s like a swan.

Beatrice is a goddess of beauty and elegance. Always tres chic, when she wears a jean or a gown. And her body posture is perfect. She' s like a swan.

Exactly. She is like a Boticelli painting, but in the meantime modern.
I dream to see her marying Pierre. She will be the most beautiful bride ever, the only one who could equal Grace Kelly.

Exactly. She is like a Boticelli painting, but in the meantime modern.
I dream to see her marying Pierre. She will be the most beautiful bride ever, the only one who could equal Grace Kelly.

the only one who could equal Grace Kelly: you're so right, Fandesacs2003

I think the Rose Ball is always one of the tackiest of the season in Monaco and putting Kaiser Karl in charge just made it more so..

I think you have put your finger on the problem. The pics from The Daily Mail ( which include the first we've seen of the dance floor) just underline your point.

(Whisper) Whatever they may decide to do, the Grimaldis will always look more or less tacky. That's pretty sad because there's some real potential for some major, and tasteful, glam.
I give up ...

Yes, I think it is Melanie.

I think so too but where is Elisabeth?

I think you have put your finger on the problem. The pics from The Daily Mail ( which include the first we've seen of the dance floor) just underline your point.

Do they ever! I shouldn't have asked for dance pictures..eeek.. This looks more like a Moulin Rouge performance than a princely event..I would not pay a penny for this. Grace would have never tolerated anything like that..Oh, how I miss her elegance and class..No one can ever measure up to her..she was truly a Serene Highness.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most pics of the Rose Ball are those of Char and Gad. Isn't it unfair for Pierre and Bea?

The most pics of the Rose Ball are those of Char and Gad. Isn't it unfair for Pierre and Bea?

It is quite understandable that the most photos are of Charlotte and Gad, since they were at the first time in an official event with the princely family. Pierre and Beatrice are already regulars.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Bal+De+La+Rose+Du+Rocher+Aid+Fondation+Princess+pun3uJT9YGRx.jpg

Theophilus London, who performed at the Rose Ball, with princess Caroline.
https://twitter.com/TheophilusL/status/315809207628738560/photo/1

I dont think so capri. Charlotte had always been more of the popular one, I believe, and maby more now that shes public and dating some one known. I like this way lol. I dont see what every one does with bea, and comparing her to grace is silly imo.

I dont think so capri. Charlotte had always been more of the popular one, I believe, and maby more now that shes public and dating some one known. I like this way lol. I dont see what every one does with bea, and comparing her to grace is silly imo.

It' s not bad to be different opinions for the same topic.
I also find Bea to have a strong personality. I've seen some interviews of hers. She has attitude and can discuss about many subjects (like politics).
Of course, Char is a very beautiful girl, too.

Elisabeth-Anne de Massy was missing this year,I did see her daughter Mélanie Massy de Lusignan in some of the group photo's.

:previous:

By now she also seems to prefer the Red Cross Ball in summer. I think the last Rose Ball she attended was in 2008.

Yes, it's interesting how some of the family seems to have evolved into a routine of who attends the Rosé/Red Cross Ball - particularly in the case of Stephanie. I wonder why this is so.

I like Charlene's outfit. I like that she's not afraid of fashion. Kate would look great in this dress, also.

Caroline: mutton dressed as lamb, needs to stop wearing clothes she could have gotten away with 20 yrs ago but can't anymore.
Charlotte: went for the full Moulon Rouge look.
Charlene: leave the biker chick jacket back at the palace, gown itself was actually quite nice.
Karl Lagerfeld: maybe time to retire but please do not take up a second career in interior design, you made the venue look like a strip club/whore house. Did he have poll dancers or lap dancers brought in to entertain? No one would look elegant in that enviroment.
Stephanie: you were smart to avoid this event. Bonus points for you.

Last edited:
In overall, I found this year ball OK but nothing spectacular. The Belle Epoque theme is a nice one but I'm not sure about mixing it with Pop.
Charlotte looks very nice, I love her hair and thought her dress is not amazing, it respects the theme, resembling the can-can dancers. Her hair is amazing and she seemed happier than ever and very confortable, which is good to see since she always looks the opposite.
Caroline's dress was amazing, though I don't get what it had to do with the theme, it's a YES for me.
Charlene looked terrible. There is nothing I like, dress, jacket, make up, hair, blaaahhh.

Is it Cecile in red? http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/24/article-2298479-18E6B3C2000005DC-538_634x492.jpg She looks very elegant in her dress.

Much has been written here, But this event March 23 (rose ball 2013), will go down in history as the beginning of the second biggest nightmare for the Monegasque royal family, and his subjects/residents. The tragedy that occurred to decades ago (with Caroline) will arise again, but this time much worse. Not to mention the scandals performed successively by Stephanie.Many members often refer to everything that is in the genes! And indeed it is true, Charlotte is following in the footsteps/errors of his mother, but yet the false barbie, not chills way, and that has a unique name ... STUPIDITY.The phenomenon of Philippe Junot; is going to return again!If you make a search in the web, in 9 of 10 links about (Monaco rose ball 2013) are directed to Charlotte & Gad; way the press people do this? And dont talk/write about the spirit of this charity ball, or talk the other Vip´s or royals; because is simple ... the press people want scandals, and aberrations in this live.To selling magazines/newspapers; attract maximum visitors to them web pages, invoicing million at the expense of naive young girl , and opportunist actor, who live their lives in a fairytale fictional.If the press people stop talking about this two failed icons; this fake relationship collapses in apex; the only motive this two are together is for the showoff the mass press people performs, with texts and pictures of there dresses, jewelry, rings, necklaces, earrings, and the all trash/rubbish they use, in this moments; with the only objective in mind ... extort money from large account/global companies, or brands; there is no relationship, love or sympathy, friendship with these two, this is all plastic; this is all materialistic interest.When a beautiful girl like Charlotte, with the aged of 26; from a good (social status) families source, and with the careful education that gave her in the pass; dating (or fake dating) in a failed, and ugly man/actor with 42 (and a failed husband to); who wins the best oscar cinema for the worse actor/film in 2012, (and I think is going to happen the same again this year, with the movie Capital); which was a box/office cinema failure saling tickets, in all world; its because she is naife, insecure, and very ... very unintelligent girl.When a man/actor like this in a totaly failed live (in terms of professionals, and marital aspect) date (or fake dating) with a girl like Charlotte with just 26; she virtually could be his daughter, its a person who has no scruples, an opportunist, total lack of character, and principles.Well everybody know the beauty does not mean intelligent, and unfortunately this is indeed the case; isn't it ... Look around is brothers, Andrea have Tatiana, a girl from good family, with a very high education, and Pierre with Beatrice; the same. Look the elegance of Beatrice, the universaty formation she has ... I bet 1 millons USD this failed actor, dont even have better studies that is son with 11 years old have !And normal people look to this and think, what the hell ... .... passed to the mind of girl ?She is totally stupid, or what ?I think the royals in Monaco (special is mother Caroline), and is subjects are very humiliated/ashamed with this rebellious atitude. Does she have any awareness of what is currently being a monarch/royal ? And what the other royal think about this crazy conduct ?Charlotte Casiraghi is currently undergoing a bit of intellectual clarity, and needs treatment in a clinical psycho, is my personal opinion my dear friends.I no longer expect anything from this girl ... Total disappointment; and I pray that dear brothers (of here) did not lose consciousness too, would be the collapse of the principality, in the next decade.Charlotte is the new scandalous Stephanie ...

Still no pics, anywhere, of the dancing?? How weird...especially after the fabulous pics we saw from the Red Cross Ball last year!

Much has been written here, But this event March 23 (rose ball 2013), will go down in history as the beginning of the second biggest nightmare for the Monegasque royal family, and his subjects/residents. The tragedy that occurred to decades ago (with Caroline) will arise again, but this time much worse. Not to mention the scandals performed successively by Stephanie.Many members often refer to everything that is in the genes! And indeed it is true, Charlotte is following in the footsteps/errors of his mother, but yet the false barbie, not chills way, and that has a unique name ... STUPIDITY.The phenomenon of Philippe Junot; is going to return again!If you make a search in the web, in 9 of 10 links about (Monaco rose ball 2013) are directed to Charlotte & Gad; way the press people do this? And dont talk/write about the spirit of this charity ball, or talk the other Vip´s or royals; because is simple ... the press people want scandals, and aberrations in this live.To selling magazines/newspapers; attract maximum visitors to them web pages, invoicing million at the expense of naive young girl , and opportunist actor, who live their lives in a fairytale fictional.If the press people stop talking about this two failed icons; this fake relationship collapses in apex; the only motive this two are together is for the showoff the mass press people performs, with texts and pictures of there dresses, jewelry, rings, necklaces, earrings, and the all trash/rubbish they use, in this moments; with the only objective in mind ... extort money from large account/global companies, or brands; there is no relationship, love or sympathy, friendship with these two, this is all plastic; this is all materialistic interest.When a beautiful girl like Charlotte, with the aged of 26; from a good (social status) families source, and with the careful education that gave her in the pass; dating (or fake dating) in a failed, and ugly man/actor with 42 (and a failed husband to); who wins the best oscar cinema for the worse actor/film in 2012, (and I think is going to happen the same again this year, with the movie Capital); which was a box/office cinema failure saling tickets, in all world; its because she is naife, insecure, and very ... very unintelligent girl.When a man/actor like this in a totaly failed live (in terms of professionals, and marital aspect) date (or fake dating) with a girl like Charlotte with just 26; she virtually could be his daughter, its a person who has no scruples, an opportunist, total lack of character, and principles.Well everybody know the beauty does not mean intelligent, and unfortunately this is indeed the case; isn't it ... Look around is brothers, Andrea have Tatiana, a girl from good family, with a very high education, and Pierre with Beatrice; the same. Look the elegance of Beatrice, the universaty formation she has ... I bet 1 millons USD this failed actor, dont even have better studies that is son with 11 years old have !And normal people look to this and think, what the hell ... .... passed to the mind of girl ?She is totally stupid, or what ?I think the royals in Monaco (special is mother Caroline), and is subjects are very humiliated/ashamed with this rebellious atitude. Does she have any awareness of what is currently being a monarch/royal ? And what the other royal think about this crazy conduct ?Charlotte Casiraghi is currently undergoing a bit of intellectual clarity, and needs treatment in a clinical psycho, is my personal opinion my dear friends.I no longer expect anything from this girl ... Total disappointment; and I pray that dear brothers (of here) did not lose consciousness too, would be the collapse of the principality, in the next decade.Charlotte is the new scandalous Stephanie ...

Charlotte Casiraghi has no royal title, and stands very little chance of ever becoming the reigning Princess in Monarchy. She can do what she likes if it makes her happy. Why should one care about what other royals think when they've made pretty shoddy decisions in the past.

I think it's disgusting that you suggest this girl have psychiatric treatment for dating a man.

^^^^
Wow Tonytex !!! Don't you think you might be over reacting just a tad? I hardly think who a person that is 4th and soon perhaps to be 5th in line of succession to the throne dates will bring down the principality..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom