Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what's the point of Caroline arriving with Charlene and then Charlotte with Albert? I understant that since Charlotte's crowd isn't there, it would be bad for her to arrive alone. But there were no other options like:
a) all the four together. it's not a big crowd, they had arrived four at the same time in the past
b) Albert and Charlene first since they're the sovereign couple. But ok I understant Caroline should arrive first because it is her night so
c) Caroline with her daughter. Like Charlotte being mum's date for tonight.
d) Caroline and Albert first: the sovereign with the owner of the night. And then both Char in second place
I agree. It was weird of Albert being the Sovreign, coming in second place with his niece.
Odd Ball this year.

I don't like Charlotte dress, I love the color. CW dress is boring as always. PC dress is funky.

I've never seen Charlotte dance with any man other than her brothers at the Rose Ball.

I've never seen Charlotte dance with any man other than her brothers at the Rose Ball.
True. I don't remember having seen any pic of her dancing with her then boyfriend Alex or Felix or whoever.

One of the girls seems to be Afra ;)

Oh well spotted! It kind of makes me sad for the days when Grace lit up the big social balls of the season and wore such beautiful jewels. After seeing the pics of the decoration and place settings for the ball, I think the outfits didn't live up to the occasion.

I love char's dress more and more as i see it. Charlene is so elegant!

Charlene and Caroline look great. Dress and make up.
But I don't like Charlotte's dress.
And Albert is as proud as he can be with three lovely ladies :)

Nathalie Cox said:
I agree. It was weird of Albert being the Sovreign, coming in second place with his niece.
Odd Ball this year.

Maybe he wanted to honour the actual and the former firstg ladies of Monaco! And in the meantime accompagny his niece who attended alone! Without a boyfriend, her brothers or her usual friends(Tati, Eugenie, Margarita, Juliette)

Charlène gloriously beautiful ! She looks nicer and nicer !

I guess Charlotte must be in Monaco now spendng some time with mama and having vacations, unless she has training.. The weather must be great in Monaco like in the rest south europa!

Rose ball's decoration was amazing! The colorful outfits i spotted in the beginning reminded me of sth retro! But compairing the theme and the colours with the dresses of the women of monaco, i found them monotone!

Last edited:
Caroline and Charlène seemed to love each others in this photo. I remember seeing a pic of the two in Paris Match in June-July when Caroline looked like she kindly complimented Charlène on her earrings in a very maternal way.

It is also possible that you are reading to much into the pictures. I will believe Caroline and CW have a good and friendly relationship when I see pics of them shopping together or vacationing. By now, it is all diplomacy, of course they have to enter the room "smiling".

Btw, where are all the celebrities? Did anyone attend? Besides that pathetic swedish model:whistling:Are there any REALcelebrities? Did Albert and CW suceeed in promoting monaco in LA.?

The California people go to the Grand Prix or in the summer. They are working this time of the year.

I've already posted my thoughts in the Fashion Forum, but will summarize it here as well ~ I'm honestly happy for the whole family ~ Salud! :cheers:

Don't really have a best dressed.Though I do have a worst: It's a tie between Charlotte and Caroline.

Princess Charlene looks ABSOLUTELY exquisite. Magical dress and such an elegant hair do. I do love the black aliceband. So very Katherine Hepburn. Charlotte looked lovely and Albert as handsome as ever. As for Caroline, I really do not know what to say. I do not think this outfit would suit anyone. Come on Caroline, stop trying to make outrageous statements and find yourself a decent dress designer. You really can look so lovely in the right gown.

Last edited:
I seem to be in the minority but I really like Charlotte's dress.

Charlene is boooooring.... Truth is, her swimmer bodishape is difficult to dress, but the gown she is wearing is boring, boring, boring.

Caroline's dress is crazy and fun! I like it in its very peculiar way. It renders homage to the soirée theme and it's something relaxed and a bit mad.

And the more I see it, the more I like Charlotte's. More people don't have the chance to wear wonderful gowns very often and so, when you get a chance to put on this kind of dress, it's easy to feel tempted to dress as a nice little princess. But Charlotte is past that excitement. She has many occasions to wear classic gowns and since Monaco is trying to freshen up the the Bal de la Rose, and attrack the younger generations, I think it's appropiate that she doesn't dress too classic.
This dress is a litte more daring and makes her look good.
In the pic where they are dancing together all her friends look boring in their boring classic gowns besides her.

I'm not sure about the cape. It gives the outfit a weird baby doll air but I don't hate it either.

In any case, whithout the baby doll thing I really like the dress. The transparecies don't bother me, they make the dress look fresher.
Same thing with the thing at the hips. It could be a problem for a woman with wider hips but Charlotte looks like a boy and doesn't have any hips to speak of.
In fact, of all the the ldresses she's worn lately, this is one of the very few who really favours her body shape.

She looks tired thought, not as shiny as in other ocasions but she is probably tired. The CGT starts in only 10 days and she must be training in Paris. She probably just went to Monaco for the event.

Last edited:
where are the Casiraghi's boys?
If they didn't attend this year it's kind of odd, doesn't?
because i don't think they missed one Rose Ball since 2006.

PC was the star for me this year, only she can wear this kind of dress and still look so fantastic.
It's like the years hasn't past for her.
On the other hand i didn't like Charlotte's dress this year, for me it's just makes her so much older then her real life age, even so i'm happy she didn't wore black.

It is also possible that you are reading to much into the pictures. I will believe Caroline and CW have a good and friendly relationship when I see pics of them shopping together or vacationing. By now, it is all diplomacy, of course they have to enter the room "smiling".

Btw, where are all the celebrities? Did anyone attend? Besides that pathetic swedish model:whistling:Are there any REALcelebrities? Did Albert and CW suceeed in promoting monaco in LA.?

I don't really follow Caroline current events but I think they went in vacation together in Pacha III and Portugal 2 years ago

Last edited:
Charlotte's dress reminds me a lot the one she wore for her uncle's civil wedding ceremony. I'm a bit disappointing, because of the theme of the ball, I expected something more youthful, more 60's.
I like Princess Charlene's hair, she's perfectly in the tone of the party. I'm not sure for the dress.
I liked Princess Caroline's outfit. A bit black, but she was amazing, as usual!

I think that maybe Charlotte arrived to the ball with her uncle simply because Caroline wanted to be the first one, as it's her party. Maybe I'm wrong! But it's very strange. Albert and Charlene should have been the first ones to arrive.

I don't know much about protocol, but it would have been nice of Caroline to let the not-yet-married-a-whole-year Prince and Princess of Monaco lead the way. No big deal, just a bit awkward. Why the boys didn't show up? I doubt this was the appropriate occasion to punish them for their shenanigans. Besides, we don't know whether it's more of a relief to them not to be on duty. "Cool! We're off the hook this year!" I'll miss Beatrice, she is not my favorite lady of the bunch but she dresses to impress. Why Albert as a leader doesn't rally the troops is always a mystery. Where are Stephanie and her kids? I know, it's Caroline's night in the spotlight, Stephanie never shows up on her night, her kids are kept out of the limelight, etc, etc, yet it was good to see them all at the wedding. Can they get over whatever sibling rivalries may exist between them, "for the good of the country"?

Caroline's outfit looks like a markdown from a flea market. She probably wore it to test her faithful, hoping they would repeat their mantra that "only Caroline can pull it off". So, Caroline, you did it again, the more bizarre you look, the more some fans will want to measure up to your tastes. It will become more and more interesting as the years go by. Actually, I think the older you get, the more fun with clothing you can get away with, “wearing purple” and all that, but Caroline, you are way too young to play the old eccentric.

Charlene looks elegant and understated, her hairdo is the focus of attraction. My feeling is Charlene tries very hard, and is often successful, but she just doesn’t have it in her to look like a princess, with both the confidence and sophistication it entails. She is right to stick to minimalism, every effort costs her, although I have nothing against her as a woman or even princess. Some women like to dress up and look their best, and I think Charlene is just not part of that group.

Charlotte? I guess her gown grew on me. At first, I thought, "What a mess, what are all these tiers, why is one part transparent and the rest is opaque?" In my opinion, a dress should just 'Wow' you visually, not start you on a rationalizing drift, unless you mean to woo other designers with your creativity, originality. But okay, it’s a nice color, and she does stand out compared to her friends. But "Swinging London"? I did some research and the three ladies have a personal interpretation of Swinging London which does not seem to fit what I've read and seen. Why Caroline in particular would want to go with its bleaker rendering is another Grimaldi mystery. If nothing else, Swinging London is colorful, as the decor appropriately represented.

Three beautiful ladies, a happy Prince, nice decorations, but thumbs down from me for this Rose Ball 2012.

Back
Top Bottom