Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Charlene looks BEAUTIFUL! Love the hair and dress! Princess Caroline's dress is funky and she looks fabulous! Charlotte on the other hand...that dress is just all wrong, too old for her.

Charlene's hair do is magnificent.
Her dress is nice, i do not like the gold touch.
Caroline's dress is beautiful.
Charlotte i need to see it better

Caroline looks so good! Very funky, very 60s, according to the theme. Charlene is quite simple look. But the hairdo is a nice 60s touch.
Charlotte...i think i don't like it.

Hmmm, no I don't like Charlotte's dress. Nice color, but the style looks odd.

Charlene is once again nice and simple. I wish she took some more risks and had some fun, especially for a night and theme like this.

Caroline looks OK. That's all I can say.

I hope Charlotte takes the top out. It is uggly.
Generally the dress has too much volume, i do not like.
No Andrea? No Pierre?

I must admit that given this year's ball theme i feared the ladies ( especially P. Caroline ) would present themselves with outfits of questionable taste. But i was wrong. Without being stuning, all the lof them look fresh and amusing in their dresses, with a very 60's look, most especially Charlotte, who, in my opinion, is the best dressed of the three... :curtsey: :curtsey: :curtsey:

I was hoping to see the Casiraghi boys. With them not being there, everything is kinda lame (to me, lol)

I hope Charlotte takes the top out. It is uggly.
Generally the dress has too much volume, i do not like.
No Andrea? No Pierre?

No Andrea? No Pierre?

Well, the Casi boys seem to being going through a rough phase... Uhm!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

I was hoping to see the Casiraghi boys. With them not being there, everything is kinda lame (to me, lol)

Well, Nathalie, the boys have been behaving quite naughtily lately. Maybe Maman didn't allow them to attend the Ball as a way of punishment... Something like " Eh bien, you have been very very naughty boys! You shall stay home tonight and meditate on your actions mes enfants!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the boys are not there; that is i think why charlotte is there next to Albert.

Princess Charlene seems to be allergic to jewelry. Very steadfast in her minimalism.

Princess Caroline's gown is something Princess Stephanie would have worn in the 80's.

Charlotte Casiraghi -- brave girl. To wear a gown that brings attention to one's hips.

Puzzling fashion choices by these Grimaldi women, but at least they make things interesting. And from the pictures posted so far, I admire the attitude.

Well, Nathalie, the boys have been behaving quite naughtily lately. Maybe Maman didn't allow them to attend the Ball as a way of punishment... Something like " Eh bien, you have been very very naughty boys! You shall stay home tonight and meditate on your actions mes enfants!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL thanks for the laugh of the day :lol:
Maybe it was what happened ;)

i hate what caro wore! on the other hand i like charlene, she's chic, and i like charlotte because she wore sth colorful finally!

Strange this year. Noone of the trio went to ski with their mum.
And to the Rose Ball only Charlotte. No boys, no the usual friends, (Eugenie Niarchos, etc)

Strange this year. Noone of the trio went to ski with their mum.
And to the Rose Ball only Charlotte. No boys, no the usual friends, (Eugenie Niarchos, etc)

I see some friends. Mark Ronson is sitting next to Charlotte:
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

And I see Jean-Thierry Besins in the background:
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

But you're right, I don't see Eugenie, Tati, Beatrice, Margherita ect..

What an interesting mix of styles. I can find something to like in all 3 ladies outfits, but I agree with other posts that Charlene's hairstyle really works - a perfect recreation of the sixties & very flattering . I like her makeup too. It looks as though it will be a very good night.

It's hard to make Charlotte look bad but I think they succeeded this year. Pierre goes to court next week so maybe he didn't want to portray the jet set look.

Where's Gad?

I might be an ignorant but i do not find any commun point between the 3 ladies outfit! And what the relation with swinging London?

Looking at Charlette's dress again, it wouldn't be too bad if they took the top see-thru part off and the fringe around the hips.

The only one who is dressed according to the theme of the night is Caroline. You may like her dresses or not, but she never disappoints in matching the style, with the dress or some other detail, as long as it is possible to do it of course.

CW looks boring as usual.

No one seems to like Charlotte´s dress but I find it very original, pretty and elegant.

I love this pic. of Caroline. http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/uvoN1EurvWD/Monaco+Rose+Ball+2012/AopDdvAArjP

FanofMonaco said:
Looking at Charlette's dress again, it wouldn't be too bad if they took the top see-thru part off and the fringe around the hips.

Agree! It would be a nice strapless dress. Not original but classy.

FanofMonaco said:
Where's Gad?

Maybe mama Caro found it too early to present him officially.
If im not wrong Vincent Lindon never accompanied Caro to these Balls.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate Charlene's dress - the gold metallic part looks kinda cheap. She's obviously got a hair piece going on but it looks like a ball of hair has just been plonked on her head. The black hair band is a bit random.

Charlotte's dress looks fussy to me, but the colour is nice; she can wear just about anything and get away with it as she's so pretty.

what's the point of Caroline arriving with Charlene and then Charlotte with Albert? I understant that since Charlotte's crowd isn't there, it would be bad for her to arrive alone. But there were no other options like:
a) all the four together. it's not a big crowd, they had arrived four at the same time in the past
b) Albert and Charlene first since they're the sovereign couple. But ok I understant Caroline should arrive first because it is her night so
c) Caroline with her daughter. Like Charlotte being mum's date for tonight.
d) Caroline and Albert first: the sovereign with the owner of the night. And then both Char in second place

Sorry to ask, if already have been asked. How much cost the Rose Ball entrance??

Caroline and Charlène seemed to love each others in this photo. I remember seeing a pic of the two in Paris Match in June-July when Caroline looked like she kindly complimented Charlène on her earrings in a very maternal way. By the way, I like Charlene's dress although being very classical. Caroline's one is quite specifc for me (the kind of dress I'd never wear honestly without being mean) but I truly like her headband. Charlotte's dress is very weird.
As for Gad's absence, he doesn't seem the type of guy who is interested in attending ball :) just saying.
It's only a speculation but I think Caro is angry against her sons for the "fast driving" of Andrea and the "bad behaviour" of Pierre. And it may also be the reason why they didn't go to Zurs. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom