Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think that is what LK was saying at all. For example about five years ago she didn't exactly have "childbearing hips" but she looked very slim AND feminine. And her chest did not look concave with bones showing through.

I don't think anyone expects Charlotte, who is an equestrienne, to be as voluptuous as the late Anna Nicole Smith.

She just seems dramatically more thin, that is all.

Last edited:
Statement of Andrea Casiraghi at the Rose Ball 2011
Rose Ball 2011
|
Ladies and Gentlemen,

While grief has struck our family with the death of Princess Antoinette, I wanted to be present anyway tonight along with my sister and my brother to thank you sincerely for the part that each of you took in our grief and we are very sensible to the fact that so many of you are here this evening to benefit the Princess Grace Foundation. Our aunt, Princess Antoinette was very fond of this Rose Ball and from all of us she is likely the one to have participated in it the most, I think your presence is a tribute you pay to her. While mourning her passing, I recall that she remains for us a warm and loving face, with a rich and eventful life.

She also leaves us the example of a life of service and charity work and that's the meaning of this event which should remain, as she would have liked, festive. She wouldn't have liked that this evening wouldn't have taken place because of her.

Your loyalty to the efforts of my mother touch me and I hope this evening will allow the Princess Grace Foundation to continue its action on the field for the weakest, poorest, hospitalized children and those who suffer.

Thank you all for your generosity and good evening.

I try to tanslate Andrea's speech myself. I hope idid a better job than Google... :rose:

lazuli you are an ANGEL...thanks so much!:)

Yes, your translation is far superior to Google's! :lol:

I don't think that is what LK was saying at all. For example about five years ago she didn't exactly have "childbearing hips" but she looked very slim AND feminine. And her chest did not look concave with bones showing through.

I don't think anyone expects Charlotte, who is an equestrienne, to be as voluptuous as the late Anna Nicole Smith.

She just seems dramatically more thin, that is all.

Again cup size has nothing to do with weight. If she wants big boobs, she needs implants. Your bra size grows with weight, not your cup size.

And again getting out of puberty, lose the awkward teen weight. You can't see her bones, it is exagerating to call her anorexic looking. She has a tight stomach, which many women get from working out, but she isn't anorexic thin either.

melissaadrian said:
Again cup size has nothing to do with weight. If she wants big boobs, she needs implants. Your bra size grows with weight, not your cup size.

And again getting out of puberty, lose the awkward teen weight. You can't see her bones, it is exagerating to call her anorexic looking. She has a tight stomach, which many women get from working out, but she isn't anorexic thin either.

But when I lose/gain weight my boob sizes goes up and down? What's that? And I mean literally the size of my boobs, not the bra size......

I think Charollette's body looks fine the way it is IMO

Where on Earth did I even HINT that Charlotte "wanted big boobs?" or didn't want them?? And where did I even mention CUP SIZE?

And where did I say she looks anorexic?

I simply said she has lost so much weight her chest looks concave. It's the opinion I have drawn from seeing photos of the girl on the beach. Just because I think someone looks too thin does not mean I think they are anorexic. Charlotte looks far from anorexic, but in my opinion she has become too thin.

You obviously disagree, which is fine. But there is no need to exaggerate, or plant words and phrases that I have not used.

Statement of Andrea Casiraghi at the Rose Ball 2011
Rose Ball 2011
|
Ladies and Gentlemen,

While grief has struck our family with the death of Princess Antoinette, I wanted to be present anyway tonight along with my sister and my brother to thank you sincerely for the part that each of you took in our grief and we are very sensible to the fact that so many of you are here this evening to benefit the Princess Grace Foundation. Our aunt, Princess Antoinette was very fond of this Rose Ball and from all of us she is likely the one to have participated in it the most, I think your presence is a tribute you pay to her. While mourning her passing, I recall that she remains for us a warm and loving face, with a rich and eventful life.

She also leaves us the example of a life of service and charity work and that's the meaning of this event which should remain, as she would have liked, festive. She wouldn't have liked that this evening wouldn't have taken place because of her.

Your loyalty to the efforts of my mother touch me and I hope this evening will allow the Princess Grace Foundation to continue its action on the field for the weakest, poorest, hospitalized children and those who suffer.

Thank you all for your generosity and good evening.

I try to tanslate Andrea's speech myself. I hope idid a better job than Google... :rose:

very good translation !

As the weight and breast discussion was getting too much off-topic, some
posts have been deleted, please try to stay on topic of this thread! Thanks!

Thank you to everyone who answered my questions. Beatrice has a dancers body and seems quite the catch. I'll be paying more attention from now on.

In the video of the link, at 2:29, you can see a little bit of Andrea's speech, and Charlotte almost crying from what it seems.
Player omroep.nl

Can someone add this clip to youtube?

Last edited:
Rose Ball - March 24th, 2012

This is the thread dedicated to the Rose Ball 2012.

It will take place on Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 8 pm at the Monte-Carlo Sporting Club.

This year's theme chosen by Princess Caroline is "Swinging London - Swinging Rose"!

According to the press release "The 2012 Rose Ball (..) will recreate the psychedelic and frenzied
ambience of London in the 1960s, sweeping away everything in its path. This evening will not be
about nostalgia… it will be an explosion of colour and jollity with a new London generation on stage."

- source -

The thread will be opened when the event approaches,
in the meantime take a look at the previous threads, with pics and information about the Rose Ball
in 2011, 2010, 2009 or at the special thread A Retrospective: Rose Ball - Monaco

And please take a look at the TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

* *​

^^Pete Doherty? That's weird.

I love his music and his voice. I think he's a great artist but to the Rose Ball?? I'm getting the feeling he wil be a fish out of water, if you know what I mean... Plus, being the ball's theme Swinging London, is Pete the best choice? I mean, he's british, and his music is also a very british type but not exactly the kind of music from the 60s. Couldn't they find someone more appropriated to the theme?

(..)

I too am very EXCITED about what everybody will be wearing and whom will show up?

I'm hoping that not only the Princely Family shows up, including the Casiraghi Trio & Melanie de Massy, but also to finally see Princess Stephanie's oldest child, Louis Ducruet, show up as well, especially seeing as he is now 19 yrs. old (the same age as Charlotte was when she made her 1st debut appearance at the Rose Ball). And I can't wait till Pauline makes her appearance in two years time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Stephanie did not usually attend the Rose Ball, which would out the attendance of her children in doubt.

I'm hoping that not only the Princely Family shows up, including the Casiraghi Trio & Melanie de Massy, but also to finally see Princess Stephanie's oldest child, Louis Ducruet, show up as well, especially seeing as he is now 19 yrs. old (the same age as Charlotte was when she made her 1st debut appearance at the Rose Ball). And I can't wait till Pauline makes her appearance in two years time. :)

Do the younger members of the family have to be a certain age before they can attend. ?

:previous:

In general I would say that an event of this type is not one for teenagers.

And in this particular case the attendance of family members is a matter of a voluntary decision.
There's no guarantee that Stephanie's children will ever attend.

Swinging London - Swinging Rose

About the theme, I understand what the "Swinging London" celebrates but what does "Swinging Rose" mean?

It's simply a mixture of the two titles Swinging London and Rose Ball, they've been that creative before in previous years ;)

Last year for example it's been a combination of Motown and Monaco that ended in "Bal de la Rose Mo-naco-Town" - creative puns..

We'll be able to see the Ball live on Monaco Info? Or any other channel?

I don't think there'll be a live coverage, as I can't remember any from previous years. So I guess we'll have to
wait for the brief summaries afterwards...

At what time does it start?
We hope that the Casis attend! It will be funny if Charlotte goes with Gad!
Swinging makes me think to designers like Mary Quant or Courreges. But i can not think to evening gowns!

No doubt Caroline will find an unusual way to interpret the London theme. ;)
The late Sixties had design/brands like Biba and Ossie Clark - I can see Caroline in something like this:
V& A

At what time does it start?
We hope that the Casis attend! It will be funny if Charlotte goes with Gad!
Swinging makes me think to designers like Mary Quant or Courreges. But i can not think to evening gowns!

The first post says it starts at 8pm Monaco time. So around 30 minutes, right?
But, start means the guest will start to arrive at that time or the dinner is schedule for that time? When do the royals arrive? And pics, will we have to wait a lot?

:bang::bang: sorry, for all these questions but I think it's my first serious time following the ball "live". (the other one was the movida madrileña one, but my internet conection was so bad and i was inexperient in these issues that I totally lost myself with so many links, info, etc)

Anyway, I'm really excited to see what princess Caroline does with this theme. I like the way she/ the organization works the themes with the decoration and this one has a particular interest because I love the 60s and London (my favourite city of all)

Getty has pics from the "atmosphere"
Getty Images - Pesquisar: monaco rose ball, MCO: Monaco Rose Ball 2012

We already have the first pics of the decoration

Looks so cool!

I'm seeing Caroline with Charlene but NO Albert?! Where is he?

Albert is next to Charlotte. They all look fantastic!

Charlotte looks out of it , and wearing a dress similar to one Charlene wore last week. Charlene looks elegant, and Caroline looks like she's wearing tin foil.

Back
Top Bottom