Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to admit that I have seen these ladies look much lovelier than they did this year. I don't like the flaps/pockets on the side of Carolne's dress, her outfit looks better with the black jacket. Charlene wore a lovely dress but I have doubts about the hair, a bit of a 'hair-raisering' experience.

I am not in the least impressed by the looks of either of them. Especially Caroline, who still is the most beautifull of them all, could do a lot better for herself!!! She has lost it a bit these last few years, I am sorry to say, her dress sense, that is. Or she is relying far too much on KL, I do not know of course, but her glamour is gone. This white dress is shapeless, hopeless, maybe interesting on a model, but not on an over-50-year-old -but-still-gorgeous-woman, who is made totally sexless by it.

Here are some very nice and interesting pics of Caroline before
the ball, on March 27 and 28 pics were made during the preperations
for the event. It's great to see how much Caroline is involved in that
and it's nice to see all those people behind the scenes who prepare
such a big event like the Rose Ball.

Caroline of Monaco with Stephane Bern and Maryan Sachs at the
last-minute preparations for the 2009 rock and roll-themed Bal de
la Rose, "Rock n' Rose", to be held at the Sporting Club of Monaco :

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 **

Thanks for sharing these interesting pics. In my humble opinion, Caroline looks better in jeans and that fun blouse with her hair down than in the actual ball !!!

I think Caroline has a great sense of duty following wiyh devotion the preparation of the ball in spite of her husband's accident. Her dress was too sober for me but her jewels wonderful and her hair-style good finally. Charlene has no charme, Charlotte stunning, Beatrice Borromeo remarkable.

Indeed, as it was said above, Charlene - with this make-up - ressembles very much to Victoria Beckham. Why does Charlene let do this to herself? Why does she not stand to her own style and taste?

Charlene is a athletic looking woman. Why does she let persuade herself to a style which is not hers and makes her look old-fashioned?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe her style still has to grow. If you look at the other princesses of Europe, there style only became what it is today after they were married. The pre-marriage Maxima, Mathilde or Mary weren't the stylish women they are today. They grew into their role.

I think they all looked great. In the detailed pictures, I like their looks even more. But I must say I saw more beautiful dresses in the Chanel runway pictures than the ones Caroline and Charlotte were wearing.

I think they all looked great. In the detailed pictures, I like their looks even more. But I must say I saw more beautiful dresses in the Chanel runway pictures than the ones Caroline and Charlotte were wearing.

I think that the majority of the Chanel dresses of the runway pictures is extremely ugly and unflattering.

It is perhaps the deception (though unauthorized!) which makes me say so bitterly: The Chanel show is just the trial of an imitation of what in former times Gabrielle Chanel has created.

:previous: Well I don't know! Albert is just Albert, tux or no tux, so nothing new there.

But the Grimaldi Women . . . :argh: Caroline looked like she was wearing a white sack dress and Charlotte, well let's just say the dress did not suit the occasion and was terribly aging, oh 20 going on 40!

As for Charlene, what can you say. It's either strapless or plunging neckline. Both is just soooooo Hollywood!

In point of fact, the ladies on the red carpet at both the BAFTA's and the Oscar's left these three ladies for dead, which is a shame because each one of them is very attractive.

All in all a very bland black and white event. Just when the world needs a little colour . . . . . .

Charlotte seems to be the next Cruella De Vil from the 101 Dalmatians...

Gallery PPE
PPE Agency

Gallery Corbis

Pics of the dinner table
Corbis
Corbis

Two more galleries from Purepeople
Photos Charlotte Casiraghi - Charlotte Casiraghi... époustouflante de beauté au Bal de la Rose ! La rélève est assurée !
Une Victoria Silvstedt très décolletée... Karl Lagerfeld, Jimmy Cliff et Stéphane Bern, invités au Bal de la Rose !

Princess Caroline was always smiling but I guess she was obviously sad. Prince Ernst is still in hospital and Tatiana's father, Julio Mario Santo Domingo jr., that was also a good friend of Caroline's, has passed away in New York, just a few hours before the Ball!
Prince Caroline and Julio Mario Santo Domingo

Thank you for all the pictures.
The gowns are very beautiful, but maybe worn by the wrong people.
x

Glistening Seas

:flowers: Soo-o-o glad to see the pics.
:rose2:Charlotte's earrings were fabulous. lot's of different textures for the eyes in the dress. Texture is definitely in-style!!great job!!

:butterfly:The black version of that particular dress was more appealing than the orginial runway white version --although both pretty it's really a matter of preference, per se and the earrings made the outfit!!!

:rose:Guys are always handsome!!!! So, glad to see that Caroline's little Alexandra made it to the ball for a little r & r fun!! Certainly it must have been a treat to see all the fun!!!:heartflower::butterfly:

So according to Giov Tatiana Santodomingo's father passed away! :eek: :( So that's the reason she and Andrea weren't in the Ball. My condolences go to her family.

Royrules I agree with your comments, Caroline looked better preparing the Ball than the Ball itself. And as for her tired look, among the family problems she had this weekend, preparing a huge party like this can be sooo tiring even if you have helpers.

:ROFLMAO:The helmet wasn't a purse....it was the presented bouquet and takes the cake as the most UGLY bouquet I've ever seen presented to a royal at an event. I think it deserves it's own thread (kidding). I know everyone is mistaking it as a purse.

It is a helmet with (scratch that) they aren't earphones they are goggles attached with glue and roses around the brim. It's part of the "rebel" theme for Rock'n Roll but I think I'd have preferred something that didn't resemble a purse!

she bears a strong resemblance to Victoria Beckam with this look. I followed the Grimaldis for a long time they need something fresh- good for business!

So I'm not the only one to see a resemblance to Victoria Beckham...:lol:
I like Charlene's outfit, but not her hairdo. Anyway I think she's improved a lot.
Caroline's outfit was awful IMO. Charlotte wears the same old expressions: with hair down and with hair put up...

Last edited:
Well..so much to say.

I too am sorry to hear about the passing of Tatianna's family. That explains Andrea's absence....I am assuming that he is with Tatianna...and that's were he needs to be.

Not feeling any of the key ladies outfits. I agree that Charlotte needs to step away from the black a bit. I remember when I wanted to wear black to my prom (many moons ago) and was told thatI was too young to wear it. I know she isn't 18 but still.

No comments about Charlene's hair...it was very 80's so in that respect she is close to the theme.

Wow, Caroline's had quite a week in that respect. That explains the tired look.

I have seen a video on italian television about MONACO ROSE BALL. Charlotte is much more beautiful on video than in pictures if is possible. She has a wonderful face.

Looking at the various photo galleries, I find it interesting that there are pictures of Pierre & Beatrice both posed with their friends & dancing together, but none of Charlotte with Alex.

I would give credit to all of the ladies this year for trying their best. It would be hard for me to associate rock & roll with elegance in any way; it's more a one or the other type thing. That being said, I though Princess Caroline looked good (and kudos for her for showing up and displaying yet again what a trooper she is) and her and Charlene both seemed willing to get a little risky with their style for the sake of the theme. Caroline's dress was not exactly form-fitting but, as usual, I think she looked great (she's not a kid anymore). I thought Charlotte looked absolutely stunning, flawless as usual, and I don't think the dress was too dark, it showed up different in different pictures. I really loved the ones of Prince Albert and Charlene 'getting down' with their bad selves on the dance floor :lol: -you go! I won't name any names but am I the only one who marvels at how terrible fashion-designers always seem to dress? Maybe it's just me... :rolleyes:

I am not surprised that Andrea was not at the ball. If I am correct he never attended Rose Ball, he usually appears at Red Cross ball. The same goes with Steph, she only attends Red Cross balls.
Question: where everybody saw pics of Alex Dellal, I couldn't find them :question:

I am not surprised that Andrea was not at the ball. If I am correct he never attended Rose Ball, he usually appears at Red Cross ball. The same goes with Steph, she only attends Red Cross balls.
Question: where everybody saw pics of Alex Dellal, I couldn't find them :question:

Andrea did attend the Rose Ball in 2007 and in 2006, you can find pics
of both balls in the older Rose Ball threads :)

Here are two pics of Alex, I'm not sure in which of the galleries pics of
him can be found..

** Alex 1 ** Alex 2 **

What is in the ears of Prince Albert?? His hearing is so bad?

Back
Top Bottom