Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As always - I look forward to hearing about it, seeing the pictures....wishing I was there!!

You think there is to be an announcement made?! :eek: I'd be pleasently surprised :ohmy:if it was for Andrea and Tatiana - that is a true :wub:love match.....I'll be suspicious:ermm: if it's an announcement for Charlene and Prince Albert...he'd be settling....:bang:.....time will tell. As I've said, we (in the States) usually only hear about the British Royals, so if there is "buzz" about Andrea and Tatiana taking the plunge:flowers:, it's not, yet, come up here.....

I don't think they'll make any announcement, as it would divert the attention from the Ball's theme, performers, and special guests.

If an announcement would be made it would be made by the Palace and I'm sure there would be a special engagement party afterwards along with pictures.

Is the Rose Ball a charitable event - done to raise money for some charity, or is it more a social gathering? If it's a charitable event, I agree w/Monaco70s comments that the Ball would be an inappropriate venue to announce an engagement.

Is the Rose Ball a charitable event - done to raise money for some charity, or is it more a social gathering? If it's a charitable event, I agree w/Monaco70s comments that the Ball would be an inappropriate venue to announce an engagement.

It's a charitable event so no announcement. Not to mention that it's being reported that Albert issued a statement on his most recent trip that he has no plans to marry Charlene and that they have fun together. Can someone can find that interview. It apparently appeared on German TV.

Beautiful photos! Charlotte does indeed look exactly like her Mother did when Princess Caroline was her age. What a lovely looking family, I enjoy seeing them happy and beautiful!
USA PrincessAugust

The official press release in english:

Bal de la Rose Movida
Salle des Etoiles - Sporting Monte-Carlo
Saturday March 29th, 2008

Under the Presidency of His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince Albert II and Her Royal Highness the Princess of Hanover, in aid of the Fondation Princesse Grace. This year, Her Royal Highness the Princess of Hanover, President of the Fondation, has chosen the “Movida” theme.

Spain will be spotlighted and, in particular, the extraordinary chapter in its history which saw ethics and arts explode in an extraordinary renaissance. “Movida” is an artistic movement in Spain, dating from the 1980s, which swept away several decades of oppression.

Fiery, exuberant, creative... the young of Spain really know how to let off steam. Culture is getting carried away in an iconoclast and brightly coloured renaissance movimiento: the “Movida Madrileña”. A newly found freedom of expression sweeps away all the taboos and changes social behaviour: everyone is wearing trendy clothes, going out, having fun, wearing disguises, dancing, loving and living! Meeting places flourish, nightlife sparkles in a hedonism which is at times excessive. Everywhere, young creators find ways of expressing themselves. Their provocative and unfettered creations shake up the boundaries between culture for the masses and elitist culture.

The Movida is associated closely with several important personalities, innovative artists and leaders in the great cultural shake-up. “King” Pedro Almodóvar capsulates single-handedly this strong innovative movement. He is the genius creator of films about moral liberation, dealing with themes such as homosexuality, transsexualism, drugs and life in the artistic milieu. His films are shown all over the world and his favourite actresses are sailing along in the wake of his glory: Victoria Abril, Carmen Maura, Rossy de Palma and Penelope Cruz.

Perched on high platform shoes, his “Queen” Fabio McNamara is the perfect incarnation of Madrid’s party animals of the 1980s. Another hugely iconic figure of this over-excited Spain is Olvido Gara, better known as Alaska. Considered as the “muse of the Movida”, the punk rocker made a huge impact on modern music in Spain, with bands including Kaka de Luxe, Los Pegamoides and Dinarama.

A bevy of other artistes symbolise this fantastic effervescence: Mecano, Radio Futura, Nacha Pop and Tino Casal in the world of music, filmmakers such as Eloy de la Iglesia and Fernando Trueba with his movie “Ópera prima”. And, of course, novelist and poet Manuel Vázquez Montalbán, creator of Detective Pepe Carvalho, cartoonists Javier Mariscal and Ceseepe, painters Juan Carrero and Enrique Naya, known as the “Costus Brothers”, photographers Miguel Trillo and Ouka Lele, who has become one of Spain’s most internationally renowned contemporary artistes.
The tribute to Pedro Almodóvar will involve several artistes who knew him and who represent Spain from the 1980s to today.

It is the ambience of today’s Spain - joyous, impassioned and uplifted - that will bewitch the stage on the famous Monegasque peninsula on 29th March 2008. It promises to be an evening of gaiety, rhythm and emotion.
For one hundred and fifty years, Monte-Carlo S.B.M. has created unique moments by combining know-how and the culture of excellence. The legendary Monegasque resort offers its chic and cosmopolitan clients a perfect alchemy between first-rate talents and the soul of remarkable venues.

Bal de la Rose Movida
Black tie - Evening Gown
Champagne dinner, show, tombola, dancing
Price per person : 750 €​

I hear every year at the coming of every event that there´s going to be an announcement, and it never happens. If they want to make announcements they don´t need to wait until a party.
Btw, la Movida sounds like a lot of fun, salsa, merengue, it would be great!

How do they come up with the yearly theme, and who decides - is there a committee, or is just between the Royal family (Prince Albert, Pss Caroline and Stephanie)? Also, is there a different charity that benefits each year, or is it the same one each time.

How do they come up with the yearly theme, and who decides - is there a committee, or is just between the Royal family (Prince Albert, Pss Caroline and Stephanie)?
For the Rose Ball it's always Pss Caroline deciding on a theme. Rose Ball is her "thing".:flowers:

I love this time of year! The Bal de la Rose is approaching, gowns have been picked, and the only thing to do is sit, wait patiently, and imagine the beautiful set that Princess Caroline has prepared for us this year. I love the Rose Ball!

Last edited:
I hope they make a LOT of money for the Foundation this night.
R.

i truly hope that charlotte will join the rose ball this year. I would love to see her wearing brightly coloured gown for a change.

i truly hope that charlotte will join the rose ball this year. I would love to see her wearing brightly coloured gown for a change.

I loved the dress Charlotte wore for the "06" Rose ball, the Chanel pale pink dress with the feathers. I know some people didn't like the little black jacket but that is what Karl showed with it? I had admired this dress before I saw it on Charlotte and they did show that jacket with it? I can't remember what she wore last year? A black dress maybe? I'm having a hard time remembering any of their dresses from that event for some reason? I just remember a gypsy theme and that Caroline's kids also show up for this event, it fun to see them all there enjoying themselves. This year with the theme, they could wear a lot of fun things, but since it has a 80's era theme, I hope they don't wear big shoulder pads!:D With big hair! Maybe that would be very funny if they did!:lol:

Last edited:
True Grace

I love Charlotte. I think she has most of PG's finest traits and ebullience. rather than to always look to find a stand-in for PG, why not just let Charlotte bloom into the closest thing people will ever have of PG's essence? I can't wait to see the pictures. In fact, I'm just waiting for Ice Flower to surprise us with the best images, as if she is always there herself :ermm:

This year with the theme, they could wear a lot of fun things, but since it has a 80's era theme, I hope they don't wear big shoulder pads!:D With big hair! Maybe that would be very funny if they did!:lol:

She could wear her aunt Stephanie's black and yellow 1987's Rose Ball dress lol

I'm looking forward to tomorrow like everyone else! Have the performers been confirmed?

Also maybe we could have our online Rose Ball (which has become a tradition already) ;)

What is PA's exact role at tonight's event? Or is this PC's role?
R.

As far as I know, the Rose Ball fundraising event is for the Princess Grace Foundation and other foundations sponsored mainly by Princess Caroline. Prince Albert is the sovereign prince, so he has a very important role as supporter of his sister and her foundations and as head of state of the Principality.

What time does the ball start? I am ready for pictures!!!!!

I don't like Charlotte's dress at all so far. I like the hair and make-up, though. The dress looks very 15th century, though.
Both Albert and Charlene look good:)

Last edited:
Love the dark blue on Charlene! She looks very pretty!

ahhh i don't like this outfit...it's from the chanel pre fall collection....

it's so dark...

looking for the outfit..

Back
Top Bottom